You can't win a lottery you haven't entered! Please read here for information on lottery scams.
#222234 by Thomas Liner Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:42 pm
I received this email in august and they collected $13,500 from me for clearance to get my winnings.
When they keep asking me for more money, I suspected foul play
I am reporting them here.

reply-to: Mr.Forrest <[email protected]>
to: Removed (BW)
date: Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 5:50 PM
subject: INTERNATIONAL PROMOTION/PRIZE AWARD DEPT.
: Important mainly because you often read messages with this label.

REF Number : MLI/231-ILGI0431/14
BATCH Number : EAPA/15/096/PTNL
TICKET Number : 20511465897-6291
SERIAL Number : 472-971103
LUCKY Number : 8-66-97-22-71-64

RE : WINNING FINAL NOTIFICATION

Sir, Madam

We are pleased to inform you of the result of the Lottery Winners International programs held on the 29th of July 2014 Your E-mail address attached to Ticket number 20511465897-6291 with Serial number 472-971103 drew lucky numbers 8-66-97-22-71-64 which consequently won in the 2nd category, you have therefore been approved for a lump sum payout of US$ 1,500,000.00 (One Million ,Five hundred Thousand United States Dollars).This is from a total cash prize of USD$15,000,000.00 Million shared among Ten International Lucky Winners in the Category A ( Plus )+ . CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Be informed that your documents have to pass our authority to obtain a clearance, which shall be attached to your Document in readiness of the subsequent onward transfer into your nominated bank account with 24 hours of completion of the authentication. Due to mix up of some numbers and names, we ask that you keep your winning information very confidential until your claims have been processed as the Beneficiary Certificate Ownership Winning Notification, Stamp duties and re-activation of Account of your prize /money remitted in readiness of the subsequent onward transfer into your nominated Bank Account is completed

This is in conformity with the latest transfer regulations signed by the Organization / Netherlands Government since this is part of our Security protocol measures to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program by some participants. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from over 100,000,000 Companies and 200,000,000 individual email addresses and names from all over the world, through the aid of our insurance Company http://www.ballonetsl.hq3.com

NOTE: That all winnings must be claimed not later than 30th of August 2014. After this date all unclaimed funds will be included in the next stake. Anybody under the age of 18 is automatically disqualified.

Finally, we call on you to make sure that you note every letter clearly as stated for we will not be held responsible should there be any complications in this transaction due to laxity on your part. So you are to expedite action in claiming of your funds, for delays will compel us to disperse your funds, in other words, we shall divert your funds as stated above. In order to avoid unnecessary delays and mistakes, Kindly remember to quote your reference number and batch numbers in all correspondence.

Furthermore, should there be any change of address do inform our agent as soon as possible. Congratulations once more from our members of staff and thank you for being part of our promotional program.

Yours truly
Mr Forrest Leddy Ashton
Lottery Coordinator
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal information and added quotation.
Advertisement

#222302 by vonpaso xlura Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:18 pm
The scammer is West African (I can tell by his writing), not British, American, or Dutch. They won't prosecute an international case for such a small amount. Report it anyway.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10