Information on romance scams and scammers.
Advertisement

#119525 by Patches Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:19 pm
Spook wrote:http://en.netlog.com/collin_peters
collin_peters
online male - 41 years, United Kingdom

[email protected]
add me on tht so we can chat

Paul Redfern
48 from Lincoln, United Kingdom
Model, Actor
http://www.starnow.com/Patches1963

This is actually my picture!!
What in Gods name is this Collin using my picture for ?
#119536 by Dotti Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:51 pm
Welcome Paul,

The short version is that at least one Nigerian romance scammer (possibly more--once one scammer starts using set of photos, others often follow) has created a profile on a social networking site using a fake name (His name isn't Collin Peters, either) and your photos. His goal is to create fake relationships with women on the site, claiming he has fallen in love and ultimately promising marriage and a future, and then con the women out of thousands of dollars for fake emergencies, business investments, etc.

The scammer attempted to lure someone he thought was a potential victim onto chat, so he could start the fake relationship. But this person is familiar with scammers, so instead they traced the source of the photos, traced the scammer to Nigeria, and posted the information here, showing that name is fictional and the photos are stolen, to warn others he is trying to scam (he has most likely approached many women.)

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#119540 by Patches Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:01 pm
Thankyou si much for clarifying the issue for me . And so grateful to the discoverer of this scam. So that its clear evidence in here that it's not me involved and my photo is being used.

So Thankyou to all for that.

Kind regards
Paul
#119600 by Spook Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:59 am
Patches wrote:Thankyou si much for clarifying the issue for me . And so grateful to the discoverer of this scam. So that its clear evidence in here that it's not me involved and my photo is being used.

So Thankyou to all for that.

Kind regards
Paul

Paul, I am so sorry over the distress this has caused you. Like all the people in the pictures posted here , they are innocent victims of nasty insidious criminals. Many pictures on StarNow have been stolen and have become tools to be used in fraud. It is just one of the many sites these conmen use as a source of pictures.
The abuser of this picture is a nasty lowlife criminal lurking on a mobile blackberry device (with its UK proxy IP) somewhere in Nigeria!

Received: from b16.c15.bise7.blackberry ([email protected] with xymcookie)
Reply-To: [email protected]
IP: 178.239.86.248
Decimal: 3002029816
Hostname: bda-178-239-86-248.bis7.eu.blackberry.com
ISP: Research In Motion UK Limited
Organization: Research In Motion UK Limited
Last edited by Spook on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
#119631 by Spook Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:10 am
More of Paul's pictures have been abused by scammers!

http://www.spark.com/singles/men/New-Ha ... anchester/
120111029 is a 49yr-old single man in Manchester, New Hampshire (banned)

&

http://www.ourtime.com/v3/externalsearc ... LIANDUDE48
ITALIANDUDE48
Manchester NH, USA
Male
49 years old
A little about me...
I am fun loving, creative and at peace. I appreciate others and respect other people's feelings, opinions and cultures. I believe that we are children still at heart, capable of wonder, revelry and change, but, something should be stable.I am an intense friend, sees his glass as half full. I have always drawn to Oceans, mountains and nature. when there is good music, I love to dance, I also enjoy art, cultural activities, exploring new places, visiting museums.
I also enjoy romantic picnics, candle light dinner..

About the one I'm looking for...
I would like someone that will love and respect me for who I am, that likes to hold my hand and surprise me with a little kiss when I least expect it,or give me a wink from across the room to let me know she's thinking about me or give me a call just to let me know she's thinking about me. Because I will be doing the same..
I would love someone who is fun to be around, likes to laugh, joke around, enjoy being outdoors going for long romantic walks, enjoys looking at the stars at night, and watching the sun set and rise over the ocean. I am looking for someone that enjoys the simple things in life, just as I do. I would like to meet someone special that I can grow old with, and that we can always look into each other's eyes and know that the love between us is just as wonderful and exciting as the day we met...
I'd just like to add...
I do want to go on with my life and I’ve asked God to bring someone into my life who will want me for me and be good to me and my daughter because I know that there has to be someone out there for me because he never does anything without a reason even if we can’t figure it out. I know just because the lord has someone else in mind for me to share the rest of my life with, because He doesn’t want us to be alone or lonely.....

Image Image