Information on romance scams and scammers.
#239336 by Aprilnelson Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:25 pm
This scammer is the same person reported as

Darren Kings -- [email protected]

he uses the picture of Jan de Vlaminick, he claims he is a widower with a 9 years old son and living in Fisher Island Florida, but currently working on a project in Abu Dhabi.
Advertisement

#239337 by Aprilnelson Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:28 pm
Hi xxxx
My name is Richard Briggs,and i am new here on the meet up site and just passing through when i came across your page and would like to get to know you,that is if you dont mind...please write me back on here or on my email address [email protected] Thank you
#239338 by Aprilnelson Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:29 pm
Hello Dear xxxxx:
Thanks for finding it necessary to respond back. I have never attended any of the events and not looking to cos i am out of the states for work but as I'm on the last quarter and got couple of weeks to round up so i thought i can take some time to find a nice woman on here for a one on one acquaintance prior to my arrival. I will appreciate it if we can seize this time to get to know each other on here and see where the chain of connection leads us to. I will be glad to share some more about myself in my next email when i hear back from you and i hope that you are also willing to do the same. Take care of yourself.
xoxo
Richard.
#239339 by Aprilnelson Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:32 pm
Hello Again Dear xxxxx:
I hope that you are catching up well again at work cos i know that feeling of getting back to work after a long time off but you will definitely cope if you like what you do, by the way what do you do? Yes i live in the states but i have checked in xxxx cos i don't have a limit to finding that special woman for me and yes also i am willing to come over. I will seize the time to tell you Some more about me and i guess it will give you some ideas of what to share with me also, it's so hard to describe myself in small piece but i will do my best to give you a clear description about me. As you know my name is Richard Briggs, was born in Los Angeles, California, presently reside in Fishers Island, Florida be living here in the last three years and i had moved here just to get away from that environment that brings back the memory of the tragedy. I'm 6.2ft tall an average size, athletic and smart so far as people tell me, got a mixed background which are Spanish and Danish. I'm an Independent Global Civil Engineer. I studied history of science and Mining Engineering at Robinson College, Cambridge. I have been widowed for a while as my late wife passed away nine years ago from cancer of the breast, she was My everything, I loved her so much and i thank God he gave me the ability of taking good care of her.. I have a son who is 11 years old, he lives with his grandma who was my mother in-law. I have missed having that special one to share with and go on adventures so i had joined the meetup site cos I wish to find a good true caring woman, a woman who is quite open minded, accepting and fully in touch with her emotions. Please do know that location won't be a barrier if your heart is willing to give me a chance to get to know you..

I am an easy going person, funny and Good looking. An athletic individual with a positive mental attitude. Loves to laugh and enjoy life and can be a bit of a joker. A romantic and sometimes tender person with a big heart. Serious about the things that matter in life, love, family and security. Caring, sensitive, kind, faithful, trusting, thoughtful, intuitive, very creative, adventurous, spontaneous, impulsive, highly sexual, affectionate and intimate. I have no problem in expressing myself and my more masculine side and I like Cinema, pubs, clubbing, dancing, theater, traveling.... talking into the early hours of the morning.I consider myself acceptable to all sectors of society, with a great sense of humor (so my friends tell me)after all, life is for the living and should therefore be enjoyed to the fullest without inflicting pain on others. Life in itself, has taught me many lessons, none more valuable than "how to treat, care and totally satisfy a woman". One may never have all the answers to the challenges that life presents but, I do believe in compromise. I love the simple things in life. love a clean outlook to life, both in body and mind ,I really enjoy the outdoors. I like playing the role of tour guide as my job has given me the opportunity of traveling around on business projects so I have many favorite places all over the world that I should enjoy sharing with my new friend as i haven't had time for a pleasure trip/vacation. I believe honesty, trust and communication are important in a relationship and those are the qualities that keep a relationship...

My turn offs would be false people, angry people, judgmental people, lazy people and deceptive people. I have no time for these personalities as they are a drain on a world that could be so wonderful if these traits didn't exist in the world. Life is for living it to the best and of all the great people in the world of all nationalities many of us make this effort only to have our lives usually affected negatively by these people and we don’t deserve this. I would love a world filled with love and peace where all the money we waste on the negatives could go to helping the less fortunate in the world and then we may see less suffering.

My turn-on’s would be anything fun in life, new experiences, passionate times with someone you love, a smile from that same person, sailing and swimming on a hot day followed by a few drinks, a private skinny dip, kissing, laughing, fondling, tickling and lastly making love maybe a few times with all the mixture of everything else I just mentioned until we fall asleep in each other’s arms only to wake up and feel so alive as this wonderful feeling of love is there to stay as you feel it in return. Going out to tea with friends and seeing my girl having a great time with our friends and them loving you for who you are and mates telling me how lucky I must feel to have that person in my life as I and we look really in love and happy. I love being slightly sneaky and nicely naughty under a blanket at a great outdoor concert at the vineyards knowing we are being discreet and no-one has a clue what’s going on only that we look happy as we laugh, cuddle and kiss the night away whilst being serenaded by world class acts. I love being touched and kissed whenever and wherever but of course never crossing the line in public. I love someone who no matter what you talk about it just feels great to be chatting as you are interested in everything that person has to say and you feel so comfortable in everything that is said. Family and friends, country drives, mountain rivers, fantastic weather events, lightning, thunder, rain, hail, sunrises and sunsets just to mention a few.

Hope i haven't said too much for one email, I'd tell you more, if you have anything you want to know you can ask me. I hope to read more from you telling me about yourself, family background, what you do for a living, turn on and off, future plans, kind of man you seek and whatever you feel comfortable sharing with me.
Hope to read from you soon.
Enjoy the rest of your day,
Richard.
#239340 by Aprilnelson Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:36 pm
I'm sorry about the mix up it must have been a typographical error, my son is 9 years old and he could not live with me because he was just a year old when the mother passed and i had no experience taking care of babies plus his grandma (mother in-law) wanted to do so because he consoles her alot, my wife was her only child. I pay him visit much often when i'm not working and i have him on some weekends and holidays, he understands that daddy has to been away for work sometimes.

I have been living in Fishers Island for 3 years but work takes me out of home alot, ofcourse is by the water. I'm self employed, can't work from home but can only lobby for contracts from home. My primary objective is to seek contracts and when it's secured and the agreement is signed i am payed a 30 percent down payment to administer the project while i fund the rest capital and then get the balance of the pay when the job is completed.

My weekend was nothing close to interesting as i have to work all weekend. I work everyday so to be ahead of schedule on my ongoing project at the moment. I have been working on this contract in the last 11 months and rounding up in a couple of weeks as i'm on the last quarter of it, that's why i have taken the time to find someone special to get acquainted to prior to my arrival cos i intend taking a long time off after this contract, not completely out of work but out of the states job. Perhaps i should take this time to tell you some more about my job. as an Independent Global Construction Engineer/Mining, my work was not always without its own headaches, there are time when I've worked so hard to close a major construction, mining or dredging deal and all of a sudden it goes boom all over my face lol. I've probably seen what life could give to man and yet my faith is strong. Over the years I've come to realize there was nothing wrong with being hopeful always! My hopes guides me always; they keep me through the days especially the nights. I hope that i have been able to be more explicit, feel free to ask me any more questions and i will be more than glad to give you answers to my best knowledge.

Your weekend sounds like a great one, very admirable and i hope to have some like that in the nearby future and that's a major reason why i'm taking a long time off outside states job. Look after yourself and looking forward to hearing back from you soon.
Richard.
#239341 by Aprilnelson Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:41 pm
Hello Sweet one,
Thanks for your prompt letters, you have no idea how i enjoy reading and writing back to you, it comes with a special kind of feeling or warmth and tenderness. It brings back my sense of belonging after a long time, now my mind is occupied with imaginations, dreams and fantasies that i can't wait to make a reality. Like i was thinking this morning, i have open up to a beautiful rising sun, quite warm but tender to my body, how i wish that you were holding hands with me and taking a walk by the beach, it was only a dream but nevertheless i believe it will one day be realized cos my dreams always come through as long as i don't give up on them.

I was born 1964 and yes i was about that age when i got into the university but that wasn't my first degree as i have had other professional degrees back in Los Angeles.
sure i would have love to custody of Timmy but not sure if that would have been the best cos his grandma is really doing a great job with him, they get along so well and almost inseparable. Timmy is a good kid and an intelligent one at that, he's a gift for me.

The experience i had with the lady 2 years after my wife passed didn't last up to 2 months, she lied to me that she was never married that she lived with her boyfriend for so many years and they were separated, so we were getting along until one certain day that i was suppose to get her for lunch but i arrived about half an hour earlier and i saw her wearing a wedding ring, for a moment i didn't think it was a big deal until at the restaurant i figured that the ring was no longer in finger so i wondered and ask what about the ring you had on, she was dumbfounded for a while and then burst out into tears saying that she was sorry, that she never knew how to open up to me cos she was already in love with me. These lady had her husband living with her but she only wanted to catch flings with me, i was devastated and for a moment i figured that i must have been an object of destruction in another man's home, i stood up and walked away quietly and that was the end of it. Thinking i found her so it really dug a hole in my heart that made me stay out of relationship until this time.

The early retirement was just only on the outside states job, not completely out of work but i will rather want to come home to my wonderful wife and family at the end of my days and if work must take me must keep me out of home shouldn't be more than a day or 2. I'm a man who enjoys family value and wish to have one even though i'm not from a large one, i want to kiss that special one for me every morning before stepping out for work and come home to her at the end of my day, i want to hold hands with her while we take a walk and go out with the kids to the parks etc...just so much i want to live for and be happy every after.

How is your day going at work, hope you taking it easy, know that no minute passes by without the thought of you popping up, practically you are on my mind every moment of the day.
Warm hugs and kisses xoxo
Richard.
#239342 by Aprilnelson Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:45 pm
Hello Hearty,
How is your weekend going, it's so nice to get to know a little more about you, i seem to be developing more and more interest in you as you keep making ways into my heart, the more i hear from you the more beautiful you become, you are like an artichoke. You are a beautiful person in so many ways, pretty straight up and open, it shows how pure you are in heart, in your mind and in your thought, i'm some what of that kind of man. You are i will share alot of quality time cos i love communicating, i like to listen to the ones i care about, not necessarily do they have to speak but i love to understand and see through the faces cos i care so much sometimes. I give more than 100% to that special one for me and i'm sometimes over generous and trusting, i'm a problem solver and the smile on the face of the person next to me is so important to me. I don't see i and my late wife ever separating or divorce except for the occurrence but such is life, when i say a word, it comes from deep within me and i mean every word that i say so when i say i do to death do us part, i meant every word of it and so it goes to everyone else. I know what i want and i have a vision about our communication that i can only hope it materializes and if it doesn't, it still won't change anything about the way i feel about you, i really enjoy this time of communicating with you and i will always cherish our friendship. I want you to know that you've opened up my heart once again and i'm ready to take my chances in life, communicating with you makes me feel much functional and alive once again, feels like i'm living and not just existing, you see you have a touch on me already and it a positive one.

I'm not looking for a super model or some girl to complement my status neither i'm i looking for a sex companion, i seek for a woman with a heart that can love, a soul mate in every aspect of life, one who is full of life and ready to live it up, positive minded person and quite ideological experience an adventurous etc and this is what i see in you. I don't understand some men can be self centered when they are mearnt to live for their partner and family, the man is suppose to take the strokes, that's why he is the man, i'm selfless and i will live for that special one for me, will protect her with all my strength, shield her from every hurt cos only then will i get the best of her and i will do thesame for my family. I'm not looking for a woman to make more babies but if one comes, i will see it as a gift and i will embrace it with all my heart. write again soon.
Hugs and kisses xoxo
Richard.
#239344 by Aprilnelson Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:52 pm
Hello xxxx

Thank you for another beautiful episode of your letter :-) you see that what you always do to me each time that i hear from you, you leave a smile on my face and for the next couple of minute i feel so emotional. You seem to have a way with me cos you make it deeper into my heart with each lines of your letter and the feeling is becoming more intense by the seconds, please keep it strong and coming cos i'm enjoying every bit of it.

I'm so glad that i'm finally letting this out to a very special someone that i feel it was actually meant for. I want you to know that I've written every word of this writing with the love and passion that mix up my heart and soul. My heart was filled with emptiness and loneliness but filled with desires and dreams, fantasies and imaginations but once again i'm starting to live, thanks to you.

MY SOUL MATE
My goddess - where have you gone. I long for your sweet embrace - your tender touch. My heart is empty without you.

You are sleeping my love - I call you. My call will wake your from your dream. Wake up my love for I am near.

How long have I searched - since before creation was thought of.

How long have we been parted - since we decided to descend. But this game is over. The journey is at an end. Wake up my love.

You heart is closed. Your heart is imprisoned. But I have the key. Just a look and the chains will drop the doors will open and your heart will be free. Wake up my love.

I am so near my beloved. You can feel my breathe. You can feel my warmth. I am so near. Wake up my love. The dream is over.

I long to touch your flowing blonde hair - to hold you close - to gaze into your eyes and see myself within your heart. Wake up my love.

I am with your now. Wake up. My lips kiss your lips - so sweet. The journey is over. My love, we are united again. Our love is one - our hearts are one - our soul is one.

Your are me beloved - my goddess and I am your god. I worship in your inner temple where my heart lives with your heart. Entwined in love's embrace.

I hope you have enjoyed my writing, i titled it my soul-mate because all that my heart desire was one i could call my soulmate. I use to love the movies alot but it became a boring heart doing it alone so i rather stay home and watch. I have not seen alot of these new movies cos the T.V stations here only shows their local programmes in Arabic except for CNN and sport when i ever find the time to sit and watch. My job here ends in exactly two weeks from now which is 10th of March. Stay here! hell no! i'm home sick already and can't wait to be done, pick up my check and get on that next flight but don't know where i'm heading off to first cos i feel very anxious and excited to meet with you. I was considering flying into xxxxx, stay for two weeks and then head home cos i got quite some stuffs to attend to like my home and my son, thereafter i can return on a visit again depends on how we both decides on when we meet, so let me know if it is a good time for you. You are a very special one who deserves a special man who knows how to treat a woman with understanding, love and care that she richly deserves, i hope that you grant me the privilege of being that man. My heart is so open to embrace your want and tender loving, please and happiness. The kind of relationship i want to build with you is more of friendship, partnership and transparency, filled with lots of romance and laughter, cuddling and tickling on a sofa then carry you into the bedroom to lay you to sleep but then you found us talking again, tickling and kissing each under on the covers, make sweet love under the moon and a thousand stars in the sky...hmm sounds liker a fairytale, just explaining our fantasies. Take care of yourself for me and stop fighting the feeling, just like me, simply enjoy it and let it overwhelm you.
Loving you..
Hugs and kisses xoxo
Richard.
#239348 by Aprilnelson Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:15 pm
I have received an email online from Richard Briggs using [email protected]. he claims he grows up in LA, CA and moved to Fisher Island Florida 3 years ago, he claims he is working in Abu Dhabi on a project and he is self-employed, he said he is a widower with a 9 years old son, his wife died from breast cancer when his son is one year old and lives with his grandma, he also claims that he graduated from Robinson College, Cambridge with honors in Master of Engineering in Mining Master of Science in Mining and Earth Systems Engineering Certification, when I asked again the detailed information and i found out he went to university at 25 years old which is a bit strange, also a master's degree won’t take 4 years, at first he also said he has a son of 11 years old, then he changed to be 9 years old, there are some inconsistence in his email, as at his early email he said he met his wife in the university and they went out for 4 years and married when they graduated. In his later email he said he met his wife in the university and being together for 17 years but only married for 4 years.
He also claims that his wife kept the information she has the cancer from him and he never knew she had the breast cancer, which is very strange.
When you ask what he does for his job, his answer is very abstract, he will say he works under an umbrella of construction agency in the states, his primary objective is to seek contracts and when it is secured and the agreement is signed he will be paid for 30 percent down payment to administer the project which he funds the rest capital and then get the balance of the pay when the job is completed.
He won’t agree to talk to you on Skype by saying he is a very old fashion person and does not know how to use Skype, it is very suspicious because a master from Cambridge does not know how to use Skype esp. if a person is self-employed.
#239354 by Dotti Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:10 pm
Thank you for posting this scammer and his scripts.

I added quotes to all of his emails so that users can differentiate between his scripts and what you have written.

One point though--he is not from Redmond city, Washington. The Redmond IP is simply where Hotmail's servers are located. Many email providers no longer show the IP of the sender, instead tracing only to their own servers.

The writing (where he hasn't clearly copied it) is definitely African. While it is possible he is operating somewhere else, the scammer is most likely located in western Africa (Nigeria or Ghana) or Malaysia (which is base of operations for a large cell of Nigerian romance scammers.) The vast majority of African scammers operate from these locations.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#239362 by Aprilnelson Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:54 pm
He uses a phone +1 (561) 304-8071. He called me a few days ago and left a message. I can clearly tell he is not from LA, California as he claimed, the accent is not American accent but I don't think it's African accent neither. He got me suspicious from the very beginning,when he asked me what do I do for living, I m a professional but can't imagine a person graduated from Cambridge couldn't understand what I was talking about. Also I lived in England before and this person obviously never been in Cambridge.
#239433 by AlanJones Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:51 am
The phone number is a MagicJack number, which means that it can be used anywhere in the world and as Dotti said, the writing is definitely that of a West African.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.