Information on romance scams and scammers.
Advertisement

#232011 by willowmind Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:22 am
Yup He is alive and well, going now by Luke Sinclair [email protected]
I had the exact emails from him, right up to a couple hours ago.
This is an email from a couple days ago

Sent: Friday, December 19, 2014 12:15 AM
Subject: RE: Tuesday

Hey babe. Do you mind if I called you that? Not exactly sure what you have done to my thoughts, but you're roaming in it quite often these days. You called that brief? I'd like to say that, even after we meet, I'd like for us to write each other still. Not every day like we do now, but perhaps once in a while to remind each other of how we met. I suggest this because there is no greater joy in my day than when I read from you. Your humour excites me and my arrival date couldn't come soon enough.

I had a meeting with an old client yesterday who wishes to contract me to travel to Abu Dhabi to make some purchases. If I do get it, I'll be gone just a few days; 4 at the most and it won't coincide with my arrival plans in any manner. I'll roam my mobile and of course have my laptop with me so we won't have communication hassles. The trip will be business related, but I'm certain I'll find time to enjoy the sights. It's quite beautiful over there. There are some great looking beaches in that region although I haven't been there in ages; 11 years to be precise. Like you I work around my own schedule, which would also be a plus when we do actually meet.

Nana was up and about again yesterday, from what I was told and that upset me. Ever since I've known her, she's loved working and I understand her need to always be in motion; however she has to realize that she's getting older. She had been a teacher, worked in an animal shelter (I had once worked under her there at a tender age), worked as a teller, in a hospital...you name it. The list goes on. At some point, I recall her having as many as 3 jobs at a time. I see it in her eyes when all she has to do is sit at home and wait for me to return home, which is why I try to get her out of the house whenever she desires. She loves to cook and taught me a majority of all the dishes I know how to prepare today. Well, her and Perp, my late wife. It most certainly isn't a necessity, but the thought crossed my mind last night.

it is quite the question, but have you ever thought of marriage? I know we aren't 35 anymore, but I have always imagined what it would be like to be in such a relationship again. I enjoyed being with that special person that made me feel treasured and wanted and I miss having that person to call my own and pamper with all the love and support. It's no deal breaker by any means, but I thought I'd ask either way. Forgive me for venturing deep in the future, but it's one of my thoughts that wouldn't hurt to relive again.

You seem like the kind of woman that would make any man happy and I hope fate blesses me with that opportunity.
Luke

Oh and by the way; the email I got this morning; sadly Nana has passed away. Don't know what you do with this but if you need anything from me, just email
#233851 by Donna Barr Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:51 pm
Collin Sinclair~AKA:Mike~Charles~Chuck I was corresponding with this person as recent as December 2014. I was blown away when I stumbled upon these letters. Collin and I began our "relationship" in November of 2014. I received the identical emails over the course of about 7 weeks before they asked for money. Collin's best mates are now, or were until the end of December, Gina & Brian Johannsen. He is good ladies, I had fallen head over heels, but fortunately had them all figured out before they asked for money to get him released from custody in Dubai. Lol yes poor collin made a terrible mistake with documentation of his 1.8m gem stone and was being detained in dubai. Poor soul. If this was true, I would hope he would rot in that country....................Won't be fooled again.
#233884 by Donna Barr Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 pm
Just read message from "Willowmind" I'd like to add, when I asked "Collin Sinclair" what his middle name was, he replied with "Collin is actually my middle name, while my given name is Luke" I see he is using Luke as well as Collin during the same period. Poor "Nana" has experienced several deaths. Lol. The emails he sends are all identical with the exception of our names and "babe" or "baby" I am working on having these people busted. I do not believe for one second this is a single individual. Has anyone out there been to the Fraud squad at their local police station?
#233885 by Donna Barr Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:29 pm
I'm with you happycanuck, Let's put this bastard out of business!! Same telephone #. Called me from it only once as well. The connection was so bad, we were not able to have a conversation. Could just detect the accent.
#233887 by Bryon Williams Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:43 pm
Was the email addresses he used the same as posted here?

You will never catch the scammer. It is a wasted effort. He is using a free email address, phone numbers, fake names and stolen photo's.

The phone connection was bad because of the infrastructure in West Africa. The accent was West African.

US, Canada or any other Law Enforcement does not have jurisdiction in W. Africa.

He may be working with a crew or gang of scammers. Even if by chance you were able to locate the Scammer in W. Africa he will simply bribe the corrupt Police Force.

It is best to post all his information here for other to be able to find it after an internet search as you did.

Stop all contact with him. Do not confront him. He will continue to lie. Do not tell him he is posted here. Do not report his email address to the email provider.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#233908 by Bryon Williams Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:01 am
Scammers will often play several roles in a scam. He or another member of the scam gang is playing the role of Brian Johanssen and Gina

Subject: RE: Urgent from Collin

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, this is Brian. Although it's not exactly in my place to intervene, but I couldn't hold it in. We all know how frightening it must be to send such an amount to a man you are yet to meet, but I assure you, were you in his shoes, he wouldn't hesitate for a second.
I've known that man most of my life and he has never made such poor judgments, ever. We are human and making mistakes are part of our being as I'm sure you've made some yourself. In case you didn't know, that consignment is worth over £1.8m. He perhaps acted unprofessionally because he got excited and wanted to make the best of what he thought was the opportunity of a life time, like anyone in his position probably would have.

My wife and I have put up every penny we have, over £32,000 to be exact. What hurts me the most, is that I am unable to do what he has done for me and my family times over during my existence.
That man has gone through more than enough tribulations for numerous lifetimes and doesn't deserve to go through any more. This is the same man who paid off a £24,000+ hospital bill for me when I was out of work and had to undergo heart surgery. Till this very day, he has refused to take a penny from me. I'm doing this because I know how difficult this must be and I know how much he wouldn't want you to worry.

The reason why he's currently in a terrible financial situation is because his account was recently frozen due to him unable to inform the bank of a large amount being deposited(see attached), and now there's nothing he can do till he returns to England. Again, you should know how reasonable and smart Collin is. Had we not tried every other option, he wouldn't have bothered you with such.
It is still quite a substantial amount of money; however, I can guarantee that you will be reimbursed as he stated. I understand that this puts you in a compromising situation, but without your aid, I don't see a feasible medium out of this. I would suggest you didn't share the details of Collin's troubles with anyone, especially your financial advisor because giving the climate we live in and the stories we hear, this story would be perceived as crazy and ludicrous.

My wife is also trying to get some money across to me so, it would be best to have the funds wired to an account back home. As soon it's received, she'll make the transfer along with hers directly to me and I should receive it the very next day.

BENEFICIARY : MINA AMACHREE LIMITED
73 MILES DRIVE
LONDON, SE280JA ENGLAND

BANK: BARCLAYS BANK
SWIFT: BARCGB22
SORT CODE: 205534
ACCT: 13453154
IBAN: GB50BARC20553413453154
BANK ADDRESS: 86 - 88 MARKET STREET
MANCHESTER, GREAT MANCHESTER
M11PD

When the wire transfer has been made, I will need a copy of the wire receipt from you. As soon as the entire amount is available, we should be heading home the day after, guaranteed. I wouldn't have persuaded him to ask you had there been an alternative way out. His pride has taken a big hit, and knowing Collin, it took a lot for him to bare it all to you and ask for such a favour.

Brian

Babe, I'm so sorry I got you worried. Please understand that none of this was intentional. I made a mistake and I'm having to pay for it gravely. I got word from Brian who came in yesterday with the local lawyer who's been assisting him that they had hit a road block. Due to the strict laws of this country, I am being charged with "accidental smuggling," which I certainly did not do(I unknowingly procured the wrong exportation documents ). Well, I now have to post bail to avoid a court trial which could see me spend up to 7 months or more in confinement. My troubles here are getting out of hand, and the longer I'm retained, the worse the outcome seems.

Brian would have to post my bail, but unfortunately at this time my resources are seriously stretched, due to some of the impromptu purchases made on my trip.
He and Gina have exhausted their savings for this cause and yet are unable to come up with the total amount that's needed. My court hearing is scheduled for Wednesday and by Thursday, I officially stand to lose my entire consignment, if this hasn't been resolved.

Xxxxxxxx, as much as I'm disappointed in myself I can't pretend to have it all under control. The bail fees alone are set at £57,900(this is due to the value of my consignment) . After scrounging here and there, GBP 52,600 has been made available however, I am still short GBP 5,300(which is what I'm asking of you).
All of this borders on ludicrous and crazy, believe me I know however, I can assure you that you will be reimbursed no later than 2 business days after I return to England(which would be Friday, if I do leave here tomorrow) at the latest. The living conditions here are so appalling, I do not even wish to share the details with you.
All I know is I wish to be out of here by tomorrow and end this nightmare. Time is of the essence and I would appreciate a speedy response. I had to send this email through Brian's mobile, so do try to respond as soon as you receive it because he can't be here all day. I hope you understand that asking you for such a favour is the last and only route out of this snafu for me, considering the time frame I have to work with.

Babe, if I do have to appear in court, I could lose my visa, which would then see me denied entry to any country for the next 5-10 years. Following that, a tarnished record would make every entry process difficult. I hope you understand how extremely difficult it was for me to result to this, but desperate times do call for such measures. I'm allowed 2 calls a day, and I really would love to call you, but I do not have your number at the moment.

PS. BRIAN INSISTED HE ATTACHED THE LETTER FROM THE AUTHORITIES TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND BETTER

Collin

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#239487 by Bryon Williams Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:35 pm
This scammer has changed his name to Collins White and email address [email protected] . He is back on Match.com and other sites.

Thanks for leaving me your email address on Match, I'm so sorry I never got back to you all this while, I've been pretty much tied up with work. Well, this week won't be so busy because I am almost done with what I have been doing, I know it's been quiet a while now since you left me with your email message, I sincerely wish and really hope you're still single.

In case you don't remember me anymore, take a look at my pictures and profile at my page link… Click: PICTURES or copy and paste it into your browser and login to view my information and i hope you like my new pictures.

Talk to you later,

Warm Cheers,
Collins White