Information on romance scams and scammers.
#247746 by hotrob511 Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:37 pm
Name: Mavis Oduro Bediako
Site:Match.com
ID used: Yuhcoolen12
email used: [email protected]
Photo used: Briana Lee
phone number: +233 578457786
Chat app: WhatsAppName:
Charges Phone on: TelephoneGhana.com
Wants you to purchase food for him/her on: ghanaprovisions.com

Not sure what to say other than I thought I had vetted this one out. He/she put together video chats, called on the phone, texted through out the day....Then produced fake passport and Visa. And that is when I caught on to the game.
Last edited by hotrob511 on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#247754 by Bubbles Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:14 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners hotrob511. Will you please post up some of the early chats so we have a feel for what this scammer does, and the angle he uses.

Thank you.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#248076 by hotrob511 Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:31 pm
Delivered-To:
Received: by 10.202.108.21 with SMTP id h21csp4847828oic;
Sat, 28 Feb 2015 19:13:14 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.140.129.65 with SMTP id 62mr41871541qhb.11.1425179594536;
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from mail-qg0-x229.google.com (mail-qg0-x229.google.com. [2607:f8b0:400d:c04::229])
by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id y1si8441624qar.44.2015.02.28.19.13.13
for
(version=TLSv1.2 cipher=ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 bits=128/128);
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 2607:f8b0:400d:c04::229 as permitted sender) client-ip=2607:f8b0:400d:c04::229;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 2607:f8b0:400d:c04::229 as permitted sender) [email protected];
dkim=pass [email protected];
dmarc=pass (p=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=gmail.com
Received: by mail-qg0-x229.google.com with SMTP id i50so20120158qgf.0
for ; Sat, 28 Feb 2015 19:13:13 -0800 (PST)
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Received: by 10.140.39.70 with SMTP id u64mr39094281qgu.22.1425179593301;
Sat, 28 Feb 2015 19:13:13 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.140.95.33 with HTTP; Sat, 28 Feb 2015 19:13:13 -0800 (PST)
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 03:13:13 +0000

Mavis> Hey , This is Mavis from match and I hope you get this?

Me> Here is your reply Mavis

Mavis> Thanks ..Well I would like you to check your Social mail box and You will see my chat invitation on here.. I would like to chat and get to know more about you better

Mavis> Hello, What work do you do for a living?

Me> I work in cyber security (This was an attempt to try and weed him/her out)

Mavis> Oh I see and How long have you been doing this kind of work?

Me> Forever. What do you do? How long r u outbid the states for?

Mavis> Oh I see ..Well I am a Fashion designer but I am helping my mother to run her flowers shop business in Ghana but I am willing and able to relocate any time soon but hopefully with the rightful man to spend life with...What do you seek for in a relationship?

Me> am looking for someone to spend my life with! A real partner in crime. Take vacations with, spend time with, share new experiences with etc
How long were u in the states for.?

Mavis> Okay sounds good and I also looking for the same thing, I am seeking for serious and honest relationships as well as stable and long term relationships, someone to spend my whole life with. Well I was born in Ghana and Grew up in Canada,, I was living in the state with my father and I relocate to Ghana after the death of my father and I have lived here for about 2yrs now but I am willing to relocate pretty soon when I find my soul mate

Mavis> What do you do for fun?

Me> I enjoy movies, relaxing on beaches, museums, Nascar, taking cruises to the islands, traveling, art, video games etc.
You r up late Mavis. Do I sleep? Why r u up do early ? Beechwood tn is south of Nashville:(. Why don't u send me some more photos of ur self
What do u like to do Mavis?

Mavis> Nice to hear from you once again and I am sorry that you didn't hear back from me again.. Well I like to play and listen to musics, love to dine out, love to dance and sing, love to read a lot as well as swim, I enjoy movies and relaxing on beaches as well..How are you doing today and How was your night? Happy New months :)

Me> Why did u lock your profile?

Mavis> Because all the men I met on match are not serious with me ya know .. I am looking for someone who will be serious and ready for a long term relationship.. We can get to know more about each other better if you are really interested to get to know more about me yeah ..Thank you

Mavis> I am very glad to hear that you are very interested in getting to know more about each other and I would also like to spend my time getting to know more about you well !! Well I was very busy today that is why i haven't reply any of your email but hope you good and all is well with you as i am doing over here.. Robert, I'm very serious here and seeking for someone special to spend my whole life time with and I'm willing and able to relocate to the state any time soon but hopefully to the rightful man in my life ..Are you that man lol?

Mavis> Well am living in Ghana ,Tema with my mother and what about you ?

Mavis> I love reading novels as well as cooking and doing a lot of house works. I also like to hang out with my loved one as well I am looking for real man who is loving and caring and ready for a family .I need a man who is ready to love me 100% just as much as I am ready to give him my love.. The last book i read recently is Magazine and I love all kinds of music lol .. Tell me more about yourself! Hope to hear from you soon

Mavis> Good Evening Robert!
I'm doing great today and I am very glad to hear from you.Well how is your kids and work been? Hope you are good and all is well with you there.Well thanks for asking my questions :) ...I have one dog call Bingo and I am very good cook and I love to cook always because I am not a lazy lady lol..I'm from a small family and I have one and one sister and they are living London with my uncle due to the death of my father ya know..My favourite colour is Blue and purple and I also love to travel as well..I was born in Ghana and Grew up in the Canada because I'm a mixed race ya know!.. I'm Fashion designer as a profession but I am just helping my mum to run her flowers shop business as i am willing and able to relocate any where, any time to meet the true love of my life so that we can start new life all together. Well I am living with my mother in a my grandfather's house..I am single with no kids and I would like to have someday when i find the rightful man. Hope you would also?...Well, My roles as a wife are to be carried out by me accordingly
I must make sure I clean the house regularly and put all house accessories in order. i will cook for my husband, I will iron your clothes for you, I will be the one to always make you happy, I will be your companion through the smooth and rough times. i will share your quiet moments with you as well as satisfy your sensual desires and lots more...To add more, I am very faithful and honest. Always reliable and always with a friendly and lovely advice to share. I am very easy to get along with and can go out of my way, if need be, to put a smile on my partners face all the time. I will go to any length to please him as well..When it comes to love, I don't really think age matters as long as the love is there and its for real. Is it true that someone older in age knows how to to care and treat a lady?. How was work today and Your weekend going so far? How long have you been single? How do you treat your woman? Why do you need a woman? How many girlfriends have you had before? Thank you and Hope to hear from you soon!
#248077 by hotrob511 Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:38 pm
Mavis>Thanks for your email and the question.. Well as i told you earlier, I was born in Ghana and raised in Canada and I then move to Tennessee and spend 5yrs with my father and I have been in Ghana 2yrs now after my father passed away, I'm not Canadian citizen because am a mixed race! ...Well I have been single for about 2yrs now because I haven't met the rightful man to start family with and being is single is the dullest and loneliness thing that has ever happen to me .. I will treat my man with a lot of respect, Treat him a like a king, And promised to out a smile on his face always as well as bring much happiness and joy to his life.. I need a man to marry and build a strong family with and I promised not to hurt, cheat, deceive or lie my man and also not to break his heart or let him down.Well To be frank and honest with you, I have never had any serious relationship with any one before…I am still single and don’t have a boyfriend but I am willing to meet anyone who will be serious with me ya .. Thank you .. How are you and How are you spending the weekend!
Thank you
Hope to hear from you soon

Mavis> Hello ..I am very sorry that it took me some time to write you.. I was very busy helping my mom to get her stuff done and I have really missed you so much and been thinking about you though...Well hope you good and had a great weekend as i did over here..I must to tell you that you've been on my mind since the we started getting to know more abput about each other and I would like to continue to get to know more you well until we meet each other in person and feel the physical and personal chemistry for each other ya know...Thank you and How is your kids and work baby? Thank you

Mavis> My day went well and thanks for asking and I been very busy helping my mum to run her flowers shop businsss but you still remains in my mind..I can't wait to get to know more about you and meet you in person...

Mavis> Yes honey.. I had a great day last night and had a sounds sleep after reading from your email...You always put a smile on mh face whenever I read from you ..Hope you are good and had a good night? Well I missing you so much and I have been thinking about you all day and night but I wish was living in the state with you so that we can snuggle and cuddle anytime we are in the mood ya know....Well I have one brother and one sister but I have so many cousins down here..My brother's name is Enock and my sissy is call Mercy.I am from a small family..My mum name is Sophia and daddy was called Mr John and he was road contractor.lWell honey am sorry,I have lost my iPhone and lost a couple of pictures of me and my family but will try to get you some pictures of them when i get a new phone soon..By the way thanks for the pictures you sent me and I really appreciate it alot. Thank you and Hope to hear from you soon. Please Have a nice day at work for me..Be good

Mavis> Had an awesome day! but was very busy as usual and the flower shop business is going well but unlike Christmas time or occasions time ya know..You always made my day perfect anytime I read from you and I can't to be in your arms pretty soon cause I keep thinking about you all the time honey and I must to say that,you are very important to me in my life... I really like you and liked everything about you because you seem to be a simple guy am looking forward to spend my life time with and get married. I want to start a new life and a family with you when i come to you in the state!! I work all day to help my mum to run her flowers business always but I would like to establish my own work when i come back to the state..Well are you willing and able to pay for my trip when am coming to be with you over there?? How do you care and treat your woman?? Are you supportive?? Do you care to have kids with me when we are together?? Thank you and hoping to hear from you soonest.
Best Regards!
Mavis..
#248078 by hotrob511 Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:39 pm
Mavis> Nice to hear from you my dear one, !!..By the way how was day went yesterday and How are you spending your weekend? I hope you good and all is going well with you as am doing down here but I miss you so much and can't wait to meet you in person asap!...Well,I'm going to treat you as well as you treat me too. I'm very so much loving and caring woman and I will treat you like a king of my heart and hold you tight because am serious to be in love with you. I was raised to respect man,Love him,care for him and always be there for them. I am very understandable person and easy to get along with...Well I am very glad to hear that you would like for us to do video chat and see each other face in webcam and build trust for each one another but honestly I don't have a webcam on my desktop computer and my iPhone got broke during washing ya know so I guess i have to borrow a webcam so that we can see each other!..Well can you please get me a new smart phone on my birthday so that i can take some more pictures for you and hear each other voice sound on phone as well my dear one?? My birthday is coming up pretty soon and it's next week Thursday 19th March 2015 and I want you to get me a new phone as birthday present from you. Thank you and I am looking forward hear from you soonest. Have a nice day and Enjoy your day to the fullest!
See ya!
Mavis Oduro Bediako

Mavis> I am very glad that you feeling better now my dear one and thanks for the birthday wishes I really appreciate it so much but I am very sorry that I couldn't buy a cake for a party but I thank God for your life honey ..Hope you going to make my birthday present bigger lol..I am very grateful to God that he made you feel better on my birthday.What did you do today and How is work going today honey..I am home now and I would like to Skype with you because I have got a webcam from a friend I told you about .Do you care to see each other in webcam honey? I am looking forward to hear from you soon! Thank you Mavis :)

Mavis> Nice to hear that you got home safely honey.. I have been thinking about you all day and I have really missed you badly. Well I will discuss about the cake with you on chat yeah! I am home alone at the moment watching late night movies because am not feeling sleepy. I would like to chat and see each other in webcam because I have to return the webcam back ya know,..Hope you are free and we can do that now.. what is your Skype name or do you have yahoo messenger address? Thank you and I am waiting to hear from you soon before I fall asleep bae <3

Mavis> My skype name is Collenmavis

Mavis> Here is my address to send the phone

Name:Mavis Oduro Bediako
City: Accra
Zip code: 02233
Street: 47 Blango Street
Number: +233578457786

He/She saw me, but the web cam kept freezing on her end...Now know she was playing a video in a loop from Briana Lee's website.

Mavis> Awww am very glad to hear from you and Had so much fun talking to you last night and it was very cool seeing your handsome face in a webcam last night and you have all my trust now..Well I also had a busy day at the shop with my mom and also had a really cool lunch with my mother as well but I got home very late! Yes honey my father was born and raised in Canada but spend most of his life time in United State..! Well honey I didnt get the pictures you said you will send me last night..Hope to see them soon