Information on romance scams and scammers.
#244941 by Shannoneline Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:54 pm
a scammer from Shaadi.com (no reflection against shaadi.com) goes by the name Taj Wafeeq, Yasir Tareq, and Ben Vazi he contacted me. He came on strong but i was like whatever I'll with it. A lot of emails about how in love he is with me. They seemed scripted but it was fun and if he turned out real then good. He say his father dies in a car accident some time ago and his mother is all he has left. An that is how he plays u. At first he asked a lot of questions like he is trying to get to know you, but nvr answers your questions. He sends pictures and at first they seem real but its nvr spontaneous always posed. I asked for a pic of his car which he said was a Mercedes and the steering said Nissan that was my first clue.Last Friday he said he had to go to England for work and he will visit his mother. An once there he went on to tell me how his mother was afraid because she knows he has been hurt before and i may hurt him. He told her how good i was and now she likes me and we can be together. He is super charming and puts a lot of thought into what he says. I continued to talk to him, but with more doubt as he seemed to good to be true. There are some good guys out there so I thought just maybe this might be one. Well he isn't!!! The scam finally happened...he said his mother was sick had a fever. But didn't ask for anything till almost 2 days after his mother was sick. He said he needed 680 Pounds 1000 us$. Instinct clicked in and I told him no. He played hurt and I told him go to the NHS they good health care in England. He said he tried and i told him he makes 125K us$ he should have the money . He said his money tied up with work. I questioned why he cant us a credit card or get the money from friends. He had an excuse for all of it. Finally I thought i can get some information on him if I play along. By this time he told me his mother died and it is my fault. So after 4 days of sweet talking and apologizing to this scum scammer. I got him to trust me and believe i will send him money. This time he asked for 1600 us$ about 1072Pounds. I took a pic of me hold money and said i just came from the bank what should i do. He said to go to money gram and wire it to him. So I went home and sent him a fake confirmation He text me back he couldn't get the money the number was wrong. So i changed one number and apologized and ever wrote the number down and sent him a pic of the new number. He fell for it and made a second trip to the money gram store. he said that didn't work either and to get the money back and go to western union. He still didn't pick up that I was playing him. So I told him I went and gave him a fake confirmation number, but he wanted to see the slip so i took an old western union slip and just took a picture of the corner enough to see that it was a western union slip but not to see the number. He noticed that and i played stupid and told him to try and pick up the money He did and when he couldn't get the money he told me to call western union. When I told him i did i went on to say that it was flagged for a fraud transaction. He blamed it on his name and being Muslim. ( just disgusting) He said to send it under the hotel manager Ben Vazi (i am sure another name I am sure he goes by) So i made him wait till the next day. I said i was with family. He got annoyed, by this but at this point I didn't care. I got a actually western union for and filled it out. The next morning I sent it to him and said I was going to send the money. I filled it out with Ben's name same address 54 Houghton Street London WC2A 2AE UK. Added a new confirmation number and took a pic and sent to him. Again he fell for it and made his third trip to the store. He text me saying some stores were closed. After a few hours I got a text saying there there is no money. An i was insulting his intelligence. I said you have to have intelligence for me to do that. I asked him how it felt to be played after playing so many girls. He was a bit shocked and acted like he didn't know what I was talking about. I said don't act like you don't know what I mean you haven't mentioned your mom in two days. He said a sarcastic thank you and I can go now. I mentioned I know he went by Yasir T. and I'm already gone called him stupid and haven't heard from him since. I know this was a long story but I want everyone to know about him. Again his names are:Yasir TareqTaj Wafeeq Ben Vazi His address:54 Houghton StreetLondonWC2A 2AEUKandMadison Wisconsin phone number 447418 478676
Advertisement

#244983 by Bubbles Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:48 am
Welcome to ScamWarners Shannoneline. Will you please post up the email address of this scammer?

What you are doing is called "scam baiting". We are a warning site, and we do not support scam baiting here. Our sister site www.419eater.com does support scam baiting.

If you have been responding using an email address that is attached to your real life, it iwould be best and safest to drop all contact with the scammer. I suggest that you do some reading here and at our sister site.

Again, Welcome and please be safe.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#248172 by Jana c Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:54 pm
I googled this guy's name back in March and got nowhere. He caught me at a weak moment due to a death in the family and against my better judgement, I sent some money. Wish I had googled his name again, but everything happens for a reason. Better that I lose money than health. I've more than learned my lesson and I'll leave it to God to enforce his punishment.
#248179 by malu53 Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:46 pm
with the yahoo avatar on
lifepartnerindia.com
Taj Wafeeq
Muslim, Shia, Bengali
Master in Engineering
Current Location: Madison, WI

Well, I'm the only son of my family
#248180 by Jana c Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:52 pm
Malu53, yes that is the scumbag! Thank you for posting all this information. Wish there was some legal action that could be taken.