Information on romance scams and scammers.
#150943 by truthseeker1 Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:43 pm
Hello Bubbles. I apologize if my statement was confusing. My prayer partner is from my church. She happens to originally be from Nigeria, which is why I consulted her before sending money. She is certainly aware of the numerous scams in Nigeria as well as how ruthless some Nigerians can be. This is why she indicated the robbery could have been for real. At this point, it really does not matter. My hope is that my post will help educate someone else before they fall prey.
Advertisement

#160385 by k_i_b_a25 Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:26 am
Hey... My mom just met this guy! He is currently on Facebook under the name Andreas J Rogriguez and claims to work for Shell Oil Company. He has also given my mom the same story about his daughter being in Nigeria and says he is in the UK. Here is a transcript of their conversation when he tries to ask her for money via Yahoo Messenger...

4:42:32 PM
Andreas J Rodriguez: So worried , but not your concern
4:43:19 PM
hidden: U r my concern right now
4:44:29 PM
Andreas J Rodriguez: My daughter will be sent out from school , she has not pay her school fees and there is no way I can send money over to her in the sea and I don't know what to do now
4:45:41 PM
hidden: wow i am sorry
4:46:42 PM
hidden: Well i better go so that u can figure this thing out. Do u want to chat later?
4:47:10 PM
Andreas J Rodriguez: Babe ,Can you please help me , I promise to pay back
4:47:11 PM
Andreas J Rodriguez: Please
4:48:32 PM
Andreas J Rodriguez: Please_______ , I don't want Jewel to fail this coming exams
4:49:15 PM
hidden: Sorry, I wish i could help u.
4:49:43 PM
Andreas J Rodriguez: Please nothing is too small , please
4:50:52 PM
hidden: I'll chat with u later so that u can figure this thing out. Bye
4:51:07 PM
#168646 by leelee Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:02 am
I currently have someone using this same picture trying to start up a conversation/relationship with me on Facebook. I guess they missed the part on my profile where i went to school and studied computers so I automatically recognized the fake profile and when I searched out the picture I was lead here, where I have read some very disturbing things. If anyone is interested in the info for the new profile on Facebook let me know, I tried to add this person from my friends page and they immediately blocked that page, I just thank God that I know how to find things like this out. Anyways, let me know if you want to see what this person is up to in 2013! :yikes:
#168657 by Bryon Williams Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:02 am
Hello leelee and welcome to Scamwarners.

You can post all the information you have here. His fake name, facebook link, screen shot of his profile, any email addresses you may have and pictures.

By posting all the information here others will be able to find the scammer with an internet search. This will help others avoid his scam attempts.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#168694 by leelee Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:27 pm
He is currently using the same profile picture on all the other Facebook accounts, he is using the name Roll Nashville, I have blocked him so can't get screen shot of his profile but I do have messages he has sent me trying to reel me in......

First message ever received from this fake crap

Roll Nashville

Angel, how are you? Please don't be upset, i was doing some research trying to upload my pic and update my profile when i came across your profile and i couldn't just take my eyes off you. I must say you are charming, matured and beautiful, your beauty overwhelmed and captured my heart. I really want to know you better and be close to you if you don't mind.don't be upset with me if i say you charmed me,I like Sports games, most especially long tennis and sometimes football games, i am a nice and honest looking gentleman fill with sense of humor and high understanding, caring, passionate and loving,and a hard-working and God-fearing.man,am waiting to read your message hope to hear from you soon, God bless as long as you live.......hugs and kiss for you

Trying to get my number to call and what not

Roll Nashville

Ok dear, Dear give me your cell number so i can text you
10:53pm

i dont know you well enough for all that yet
10:57pm

Roll Nashville

Dear i know, I am a christian, You can text me at this ok 323-364-6186

Last message received

Roll Nashville

Dear ________,

Dear I am writing you this message because I can't just stop thinking about our chart, I can't even sleep just want to know you more better. I really appreciate this thing called Internet as it is a great media to communicate, your profile really gave me a big smile and i really appreciate you spending time charting with me .
I have some few question down here for you and I believe that through this medium, we can get to know more about our personal life and what we tend to do and this way we get to search deep down in ourselves and know some things we never thought of before. I won't call my family a large one cos I'm the only child of my parents. My dad and mom are late. And all I have is my little daughter, she means the world to me right now. I was born and raised in Scottish but my dad is from United State and just recently moved to Long Beach of,CA. We do drill for oil and our work is On-shore and Off-shore.
My friends would describe me as a very caring,loving and successful man that posses a very good heart.My family would describe me as a decent and Honorable young man. I will be waiting to hear your answers and please try to answer all.
I have questions for you that I would like you to answer. I want to learn about you.

What's your favorite food? I like Chinese & Mexican Spanish and Seafood and i am a very Good Cook.

What do you like to do for fun?
I love the beach. I enjoy collecting shells, walking on the beach, watching waves coming in, snorkeling, waking on the shore at low tide, and l love watching the sunset.
HOW DO YOU SPEND YOUR TIME: I love spending time with my daughter. I enjoy spending time with friends & helping those in need when I can. Example: My elderly neighbors are having problems with their vehicle. I took her to drop off some papers at her office. It meant the world to her. The trip was less than a mile to and from. It makes me feel great when I can help them out even if it is just something small like giving them a ride somewhere or buying them ice cream on a hot afternoon. (I did the ice cream on mother's day.) I like swimming, playing pool, dancing.

Favorite dance: is slow dancing in your arms would be really nice, playing darts, camping, fishing, boating, traveling, and more.

Favorite places you have been?
My favorite places: Chicago, New York, Las Vegas, Hawaii, and Japan. I went to Japan over 20 years ago for a month. I loved seeing the sites, shopping, and people watching. I love the lights and sites in New York & Vegas. I like it in Chicago & Hawaii. Chicago has many places to see any where from beaches, zoos, and museums. I have fond memories of my ex's grandparents who lived in Chicago area before is dead he was in the United State military. Hawaii has the beaches, sites, and wonderful people. They countries I've been to outside of the US are Japan & Canada Bahamas, France, Scotland A lot more around the whole of Europe. We did a day trip to Canada when we went to the state of WA.
My favorite park: to go to is Yellowstone National Park. I love the sites. Watching wildlife is one of my favorite things to do.

Please answer when you can. I would love to hear more about you and please you are free to ask more about me too. I really want to know you more and get along.

Have a warm day,
RollNashville.

There were other short messages in between these trying to find out my financial status and what not, thank god I didn't fall for it and had sense to check it out, he spews a good game!! I pray that this information will help keep someone else from falling prey to someone like this! :beer: People like this need to be stopped,!!!
#259278 by annette z. carrillo Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:08 am
May of 2015 I joined Christian Mingle . com. The first night I was on I started chatting with someone I would later know as Christian Harris Roberto. He quickly said let's interact by texting. He said he only wanted to interact with me so he'd taken his information off line. He said he was from Portugal and came to America for school and jobs. He said he was working on an oil rig in the gulf of Mexico but was planning on retiring from that line of work after his current job and was going to move to so cal were I live after his current contract was over. He was incredibly romantic including poetry. He was very attentive texting every morning and interacting all evening long via text. He said he couldn't call very often because reception was bad on the rig and he couldn't take pictures or Skype because of security on the rig. He sent me a picture supposedly from the rig and when I questioned the date on the photo he got all offended and said I needed to trust him or we couldn't continue our relationship. He very quickly said he loved me and sang to me "you are my sunshine." He led me into blind trust playing on my love and faith in God. He appeared to be the perfect man. He said he had a 14 yr old son which was one of the pictures he sent me. The others you have already seen on line. After a few weeks he said he had a problem. He said he had worked in Dubai and placed 40% of his earnings in a security box and when he went to retrieve it he found out that company had a problem with the US government. So he had prayed for them to release this and now they had but since he was stuck on the rig could I play his wife and get the box for him and when he was done with this contract he would come to me and retrieve the box. I agreed and supposedly started interacting via email to the UN diplomatic agent Jack Brown in Dubai. I was told it took $1200 to get the box out which I payed and then $4500 to pay for the plane ticket to come to the US which I payed. Chris said the box had ALOT of money in it and when the box came he would give me the code to open it and get the money out that I had spent to retrieve it and pay off my debt. Then Jack Brown told me via email that he ran into customs problems when he arrived at San Diego International Airport. Since Chris had signed a paper in Dubai that the contents of the box may not be examined a Diplomatic non inspection sticker had to be purchased and the fee for that was $27000. I said I could not raise those funds and Chris pleaded for me to help him this was his life. He mentioned my retirement so I took out a loan to help. Before I could forward the funds my daughter found his pictures on this website and showed it to me. Thank God for her at least my debt is small now compared to what it could've been. His stories were all very detailed and precise which made them very believable. He was so loving and caring romantic and attentive I thought I'd found the perfect man….one who led me into blind trust and told me he was so happy to find someone he could trust with his life and that I had proven that. When I confronted him that I'd found out about him he first got irritated and then even went to sobbing and told me that on his late fathers grave he would never do anything to hurt me. He said his identity had been stolen by someone and the FBI was taking care of that but he was the real one. I told him to Skype me and he did but kept the light dark so I couldn't see his face because of security reasons that if someone found out he did this he could lose his job. The next day he did Skype me and let me see his face but didnt look like the same person. Then I told him to have his son Skype me and i said i better recognize him from the picture. he said he didn't want to bring his kid into it and i said no proof no big money. Oh i forgot to say that since my money was delayed he made up a story about a drill head accident that killed 2 of his workers and that he couldn't get off the rig until i got the money and then sent him $180000 from the box when i got it. and he made up elaborate stories about how the workers were mad at him for the delay and his chairman was pressuring him to get done and would I hurry to help him so he could finish and come home to me. So he said his son would go to a friends house to Skype because he didn't have a laptop. the next day mysteriously the friends computer had a problem so that couldn't happen. I checked out his phone number through a website and it came from Santa Ana calif. I told him that he said his phone was on roaming since he travels a lot. Funny thing the next day he said that phone had problems and he was on his field phone….which came from Lakewood and Long Beach Calif. He begged me to trust in our love and what we had. I then checked with customs and the UN and they said there was no such certificate. I text him that and blocked the numbers. He then tried one more time to play jack Brown the UN agent and say why hadn't i sent the money as I stated i said good luck with that chris and i knew no such certificate existed and haven't heard from him since. like i read from one lady I don't know if he starts living the lie so much that he believes it because he was really crying! But he always maintained his innocence and the details he figured out to include were amazing and very believable including that he ran church services on the rig for his employees. Thank God for my daughter who saved me! I wish all others well with him!