Information on romance scams and scammers.
#243081 by tazmanian Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:02 am
If you receive a saucy friend request on Skype that quickly directs you to another site, it's ascam.

The conversation is performed by a robot. After a bit of small talk ("I'm 24/f/Florida, so what you up to?") you'll receive an offer to see "her" on camera, often with promises of saucy pictures. There will be a promise that "you only have to enter your credit card details to prove your age"or something similar specifically thrown in to the conversation.

You are chatting to a robot that is set up purely to entice people to sign up for the external site, the promise of "credit card just to prove your age" is a lie and once your details are in, you'll have no recourse when you get a huge bill.

To prove the scam, just ask the "friend" any specific question in your skype chat. You'll either get a generic answer or, more likely, a response completely different to your chosen topic.
Advertisement

#256104 by Jake1379 Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:23 pm
I can vouch. The bot will say the card will not be used. I argued and stated I would not submit my card, and eventually she started acting like I had already joined.
Me: "I can't have charges for this site coming up even if it is for 0 dollars"
Her: "hmmmm my -CENSORED-. Ok I see u connecting, I'm gonna put on my outfit now, just type here or in the chat when you can see me undressing."
Me: "It won't let me join without a card"
Her: "k.. xoxo :)~"
If this text looks familiar then you know it's a scam. Never use your credit card unless you know the source is real. :yikes:
#262559 by bruh Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:34 pm
Watcha doin??

Can we skip to the part where you need my credit card

I'm great thankyou for chattin with me. I was bored.. lol I found your name in the skype members search :) whatcha up to?

Your a *bleep* bot

You annoying twat

I would ask to exchange pics, but I think i'd rather see each other, u can see the real thing on my cam... u want to?

Ok lets use skype

I dont have skype

Yes you do have skype

Click http:// McTbtqRjm. connection crush .com it's a more secure place with my cam u will have to verify your age so I'm not showing anything to a minor ;)

Ok but you are showing something to a minor you stupid twat

u can just watch me if u want, or we can both get on ;-) make sure sign up, then it should connect you to my cam

Nooo...

ok, fill out your info,first and last name, make sure you put your correct b-day k? I got something really sexy on for u lol ur gunna like this :-)

Holy *bleep* you are thirsty

I had to fill everything out as well...everyone gets verified as being real on here, keeps the creepy people away!!! lol. cant get sexy for minors..you know? ;)

I am a minor you idiot

Youre a bot

Ok, now you really lost me?? bot???

Youre gonna ignore me again i will tell you 1 more time... im 12

dont be so mean

Wtf im 12 and youre trying to give me some weird *bleep* thing for a cc even tho im too young

wow i need to get some

Get what b

make me your b ;)

Youre a stupid idiot

especially with what I'm wearing now LOL...I'm inside waiting for you. can u see me yet??

I left your scam
tazmanian wrote:If you receive a saucy friend request on Skype that quickly directs you to another site, it's ascam.

The conversation is performed by a robot. After a bit of small talk ("I'm 24/f/Florida, so what you up to?") you'll receive an offer to see "her" on camera, often with promises of saucy pictures. There will be a promise that "you only have to enter your credit card details to prove your age"or something similar specifically thrown in to the conversation.

You are chatting to a robot that is set up purely to entice people to sign up for the external site, the promise of "credit card just to prove your age" is a lie and once your details are in, you'll have no recourse when you get a huge bill.

To prove the scam, just ask the "friend" any specific question in your skype chat. You'll either get a generic answer or, more likely, a response completely different to your chosen topic.

This is my convo with it lol... i do get a bit mouthy tho so beware
#263297 by soraangel0 Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:08 pm
FUK i got scammed then? i entered my debit card details in WHAT CAN I DO TO STOP THIS? everything on the site seems free so... IM CONFUSED

https:// gyazo . com /d03a207dbca6fa39fc347b4c1d539cea is this a reliable source? cuz i asked the people in chat rooms if it is free they say yes

Edit by dotti--broke link.
#263307 by soraangel0 Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:58 pm
i contacted the customer support on the site and cancelled my subscriptions. They said ur only on a free trial for 2 days so no transactions has gone through.Then i checked my online banking it says on hold.

I feel like crying :c so bad :C
#279894 by AlanJones Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:18 am
Did you actually enter your debit/credit card details and press submit? If so then contact the fraud department of your bank and explain the situation to them. It doesn't matter what the site says about failing to set up an account, if you entered the card details then you should consider them compromised.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#283432 by lizard5.0 Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:19 pm
My best advice is if you run across anyone saying they are something on skype or another cam based thing ask for a current photo cause the robot will say "K" and just not send you one.
#289450 by Cheese Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:43 pm
It's not a very well thought-out scam. Why go to a site that needs your credit card info, when you're already on a program capable of video calls? I almost fell for it, then I realized this fact. Sorry if you've fallen for it, I hope you can recuperate.