Information on romance scams and scammers.
#186468 by AlanJones Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:41 am
Hello dkgirl,

Yes it is definitely a scam.

US soldiers do not pay for vacation, they earn it through time served and have no opportunity to buy additional leave.

Additionally, even if soldiers were able to buy leave, there are other things that don't ring true, such as why the "soldier" can not pay for his own leave and the fact that the payment is to be sent via Western Union, which is not a method that would be used by the Government or Military.

It is a sad fact that probably 99.9% of all profiles claiming to be soldiers on dating and social networking sites are fake (in particular those showing the soldier in his uniform). Soldiers do not have time to spend all day on the Internet chatting with strangers - they have a job to do. Also, realistically, why would a soldier want to use his vacation time with someone he has known (in an online capacity only) for only a matter of days, rather than with his family and friends.

The best thing to do is stop all communiction with him and block him on Tagged - additionally, if you have received any emails from him or the people you are meant to send money to can you post them here as they may help other victims avoid being scammed.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#188233 by harlyluvr67 Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:23 am
Thank you! I'm glad I decided to check out all the peoples names that have been given to me in order to fill a leave request, which I did not do, and I found out that this Major General Dennis Celleti is someone who is retired from the military and is not deployed. Needless to say I blocked this person and a couple more people that I found wasn't who they claim to be. I'm glad that I went and did what i did to found out that it was all a scam. Lesson learned. It's sad that people will do this kind of thing to our military and get by with it. Karma will be coming around!
#188809 by gemgal2014 Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:26 pm
Hi All,

I'm from Canada, I'm totally aware of these US Military scams. (Please note,I have NEVER ever sent money to anyone.)

I was recently contact by a Micheal Robert through Facebook. His personal email is [email protected]
Please note the spelling of his first name, is technically spelled incorrectly.
Since I don't trust anything on the internet, especially strangers, I've just been having idle chit chat with him. Until he started telling me that he has to pay for his internet connection, and things are tight. He hasn't asked for money out right,,, I think he's waiting for me to offer.
HOWEVER he did give me another email address to contact him through his C.O. to verify his information and if I wanted to send him anything, there would be addition contact information. The other email he gave me was [email protected].
I say this is 99% scam, because I have a few friends in the military, if I want to send something to them, I know the channels to send things through.

Anyone out there familiar with this "person" or the emails I mentioned? And is there anyway we can "catch" him? Report this to Interpol? I know that this is probably a long shot. But I feel for the people who have been scammed out of money and personal items because they so desperately want to help a soldier.

Thanks,

Gemgal
#188812 by Bryon Williams Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:49 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners gemgal2014,

There is no doubt. He is 100% a scammer. You are correct in sending stuff to Military Personnel. You would not need to write his CO to send anything. The Military member would give you his military address. Military members do not pay for internet access while deployed it is all free.

Here is a link to Military Romance Scammers. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6527

Please read this and pass the information to friends. I you have any question please ask.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#189566 by rococo Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:18 pm
MyDailyFlog / Williamsmattis
William Mattis
42 year old , man from United States

About Me and My Life
I am sensitive , intelligent , patient and caring person . I am giving , outgoing, have a good sense of humor and am easy to get on with . I am a faithful and committed person , who is very considerate of other people's feelings . I like writing poems and like going for nice quiet walks and star gazing at being alone . candle nights dinner and Beach I like playing dancing and cooking

Hello , How are you today .... Your profile caught my attention so i decide to you , I'd like to think we are
all here to make some friends and probably start from there right ? My name is Sgt Mattis from Kansas Mo ..
At the current deployment here in Kabul , Afghanistan basis for peace -keeping mission .. well i don ,
t come often customers'm new to this online thing ...
Email me at : [email protected] , so I can tell you more about me

#265788 by Kimberlykm22 Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:32 pm
I too have recently been contacted by a person named Michael Robert on an online dating site. I knew something was up when Michael was spelled differently in his email than how he spelled it in our IM conversations. He also came on very strong and in a very short amount of time telling me "he wants me to be with him forever" and asked for money to pay for his phone to continue talking to me. I told him I would not send him money and to stop contacting me. He begged me to keep talking with him. So I did just to find out more. He took down his profile on the dating site we met on. So I asked for photos to prove it was him. He finally sent me photos. Then I asked him specific questions about his appearance to see if it matches up with what I remembered. I specifically remembered the height and age (6' and 32). When I asked for these details they were completely off. I continued to chat with him and everything he said was complete BS. Didn't make sense. He said he was in Nigeria on a "secret mission." I told him there was no way he could or should tell me that if that was true. He said he was given permission to chat with me. I finally uploaded the photos he sent to google images search. This jerk of a person was using photos from a dead soldier who lost his life fighting for our country in 2011, Staff Sgt Joshua S Gire. This soldier left behind a loving family, beautiful wife and two small children. It sickens me. I knew he was a scammer but to stoop to this level. It really makes me angry. I wanted to post this in hopes other women see this and don't believe this scammer!!
#265819 by Tim Atem Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:19 am
Thank you for posting and I'm glad you could smell the BS. Yes - they do stoop so low and it's disgusting!

Do you have his email address or IM username you can post?

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#271599 by HKrobe Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:42 pm
I too am a "victim" of "Michael Robert". He messaged me about a week before I posted this from an online dating site. I gave him my Kik name because it was just easier to talk that way. He was sweet-talking and charming me up. After two days he asked me to be his girlfriend. After four days, he told me he loved me. He also told me that he was a widower; that his wife and baby died during childbirth, and that he has an older son that lives with his brother in Canada. He told me he is from California but sold all his stuff before going overseas. He said that he is in Nigeria on a secret mission and has been there for two months. After a few days of talking, his account on the dating site we started talking on was mysteriously taken down. Every time I asked him a personal question, he either didn't answer or it was like pulling teeth to get him to answer.

Something didn't seem right with this guy. Because I have trust issues, I Googled his screen name (michaelrob2). I found out that he had several accounts on dating sites all stating different things (i.e. different ages, some saying he's never been married, all of them with different locations). I also found this site and two people mentioning him. One of them mentioned a deceased soldier's name so I looked up that soldier's pictures and, sure enough, there were the pictures "Michael" sent me. His Kik name was "michealrob2". I called him out without being too specific and he's denying the whole thing. He never asked me for money for he did ask me for dirty pictures (which I never sent).
#271602 by Bryon Williams Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:53 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Now since you know he is a scammer stop all contact with him. He will never admit that he is lying.

Post any email addresses and phone numbers he has used.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#271618 by malu53 Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:57 pm
michealrobert94 on waplog
need real love
Gender Male
Age 37
Lives in UNITED STATES, CALIFORNIA
Interested In Woman
Relationship Status Single
Looking For Marriage
Education Bachelor's Degree

#271692 by HKrobe Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:05 pm
The page that I met him on was down. I can however post the other pages that I found.

I didn't tell him how I found out he's a scammer, just that I found out. I did get him to tell me his real first name.

I want to report him but I don't know how. Even if I did know how, I deleted all messages between him and I so there's nothing really to back up my story.

http://mingle2.com/user/view/11645959

http://www.hepays.com/michaelrob2