Information on romance scams and scammers.
#245754 by Grandma Grim Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:04 pm
Scammer

no email address yet. Will update as soon as I can.
Many lady friends on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009089751833

The photograph used is well documented on Google.
Smith Williams
James Cooker
James Martins.... other names associated.

There was another soldier scammer called Ali Arif and I am wondering if this is a reincarnation of him. As his other profile is Mark Kelvin Antonio

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE never tell a scammer he is posted here....
Never Ever send money to anyone via Western Union,Moneygram or Bank if you haven't met them.
If unsure, please ask... better ask and know than trust and be scammed....
Advertisement

#266275 by FlikeNoir Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:19 pm
Most recently this picture was used on a Facebook profile under the name Samuel Uyouwisohwo. He entered into conversation with me (the entirety of which I posted as a warning to others). I was told he was a peace keeper with the army in Afghanistan and had a son in in Nigeria. His wife, I was told, had died a few years previously. He kept insisting on having my "love, trust and acceptance". When I informed him his replies indicated English as a 2nd language he got super defensive. I even suggested he was from Nigeria himself, again a massive amount of offense was taken at this though it didn't take long for him to get back on the topic of my trusting and loving him - regardless of the fact I told him numerous times I have been happily married for a decade...
#279431 by Whistleblower569 Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:01 am
This man duped an Aunt of mine out of considerable sums of money. Please be cautious and end all contact with him as he is a confirmed scammer traced the email to the location from which he is using his computer:

Country United States
State/Region CA
City Mountain View
Latitude 37.4192
Longitude -122.0574
Area Code 650
#279435 by AlanJones Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:17 am
I am sorry to hear that your aunt was scammed, but Mountain View CA is not the location of the scamemr - it is Google's HQ and all emails from Gmail accounts show that as their originating IP as Google mask the sender's real location.

Please can you post the email addresses and examples of the emails that the scammer who scammed your aunt is using. Other victims may be searching for them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#289554 by belladonnabelladonna Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:30 pm
Ugh! I was first contacted on Facebook by this super hot military guy. Since I am fascinated by our US military, I accepted him as a friend. We chatted on Facebook Messenger for 2 weeks, then he asked me for money for is "sick son" who he loves more than anything who is in the UK in the hospital. I reminded him that he is US Army 4 Star General and he has resources that he should be utilizing other than a woman he has never met. He called me all sorts of names and I blocked him.

Since this has happened I've seen his photos all over social media, even on dating sites. What a pig! But here is my question:

Who do these photos belong to really? Who is this guy, not the scammer, but the person in the photos? How can I find out? Help?

BDBD
#289556 by Bryon Williams Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:40 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Photo's are often stolen from social media accounts. In your case I am willing to bet the photo's were posted online for media purposes by the military.

Also please note the Military offers free medical care for dependents.

Only accept friends request from people you met face to face. Block and remove him from your friends list. Make your FB private. Alert your friends of the scammer. He now has your friends list and may victimize them.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#289557 by Bryon Williams Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:42 pm
belladonnabelladonna wrote:How can I find out who owns these photos? I want to know who the gentleman is - not the scammer!
Any ideas?

It does not matter who owns (Victim) the photos. He is a victim of the scammer and knows it.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#289558 by Bryon Williams Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:56 pm
Op sent me a PM saying all she wants to do is locate the person.

With that said, I've seen no good outcomes in contacting these victims. Many are cursed out, blocked, reported to their ISP's and even worse contact the same scammer or a new scammer.

Here are a couple good links to read.

viewtopic.php?f=1&p=284481#p284481

http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... 80#p239980