Information on romance scams and scammers.
Advertisement

#270096 by HillBilly Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:13 pm
it is not a real email address unless it has an @ sign in it somewhere, and the where is very important. Please double check your data.

No one can tell you based on an email address if you are being scammed. We need to know the nature of the reason you are suspicious, and general circumstances surrounding your issue. We do not want explicit details, but a general synopsis of the situation, possibly some history, and what happened to make you suspicious.

#270098 by Greeninvestor Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:19 pm
OK he has never ever asked for a cent, his English Grammer is perfect, he just told me his date to come home just changed from OCT 2015 to Nov/17/2015
His email address is:
Brian.graham us.Mil
What kinda email address is this?
His dob:
04/17/67
His name Brian Graham

I am so so in love with him , he has never asked me for a cent I just need to be sure

Thanks
#270100 by Dotti Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:11 pm
I really wish that I could give you a happy answer, but I can't.

That is NOT a valid email address for a US soldier.

Unfortunately, it is very common for scammers who are posing as soldiers to go quite a long time before coming to the money requests. Often they will wait until they are supposed to be traveling to see you to invent an emergency that will require your money.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#270104 by Mike Wilson Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:56 pm
Hello Greeninvestor.

Brian. Graham.us.army.Mil is not a valid US army email address. Someone is just trying to make it look real.

Please post a sample of the emails ( after removing your personal information ) and then we will be able to give more information.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#270150 by AlanJones Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:51 am
Whether or not there is a serving member of the US armed forces by that name is irrelevant. If there is, you are not in contact with them and the real soldier (if he exists) will not want to hear from you as he is very likely married or in a relationship.

You have been told that you are writing to a scammer and nothing you ask is going to change that.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.