Information on romance scams and scammers.
#270190 by LaraC Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:24 am
Pre-scam Report:

This suspect contacted me recently (Oct 2015) on Love Struck Hong Kong (http://www.lovestruck.com/hongkong/) dating website.

Name: Kevin
Nationality: British
Phone number (HK number): +852 6111 4129

Within a day of conversation on Whatsapp, I could tell easily that he is a scammer (I was scammed for money once so I know them now) so I confronted him and he blocked me on Whatsapp right away and hid his dating profile online from me.
Now the dating site has suspended his account but they might put him back on or there are ladies out there who are still communicating with this contact, I report in here.
Advertisement

#270191 by LaraC Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:48 am
His profile on Love Struck Hong Kong:

Height: 5'9" (175cm)
Body: Average
Hair: Light Brown
Dress: Vintage / retro
Industry: Retail
Income: Prefer not to say
Education: University degree
Children: Yes, but they don't live with me
Nationality: English
Ethnicity: Caucasian / white
Religion: Ask me about it
Smoking: Non-smoker
Drinking: Socially
Starsign: Gemini

In his own word:

Lived in Asia for a very long time, HK specially 15 years. Very happy here, work / social / activities all in good shape. Calm, organized, mature, life experiences. No drama.

Not Daniel Craig but not Frankenstein either.

Meet up, a drink & a chat. Chemistry needs to evolve, it cant be forced. Meet nice people & value their intellect.

(Notes: Spelling and grammar mistakes are left out uncorrected to show original content)

Do NEVER confront the scammers it will only educate them
Once you found out that you are in contact with the scammer(s), before you take any actions other than blocking them, you can CONSULT in the forums first.
#270195 by LaraC Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:16 am

Once you found out that you are in contact with the scammer(s), before you take any actions other than blocking them, you can CONSULT in the forums first.
#270196 by LaraC Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:18 am

#270201 by LaraC Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:52 am
Conversation log:

(NOTES: All spelling and grammar mistakes are left untouched to show how poor their English is - and yet they claim they're from native English speaking countries lol)

(NOTED: I also hid my own info)

[On Dating Website Private Messages]

ukinhk2 (suspect): Happy mid autumn festival. How's your long weekend

ME: Happy holidays to you too. Good, I live in ___ so it's going to be tad mad with fest for 3 nights. Howz yours?

ukinhk2 (suspect): Thank you to reply. I am in discovery bay lots of decorations. My name is Kevin. Very nice to know you.

ukinhk2 (suspect): Wow saw in the paper that Hugh Jackman was there

ukinhk2 (suspect): Why didn't he come to DB??

ME: Hi Kevin I am ___ Saw Hugh Jackman last night. lol So how do you like living in DB?

ukinhk2 (suspect): ___ (Good morning in my native tongue) I love DB and stay HK 15 yrs similar to u.

ukinhk2 (suspect): Try to stay in reasonable shape and brain active for balance

ukinhk2 (suspect): Very happy to know u more if it's ok with u

ukinhk2 (suspect): Sorry I realize my picture not there. I'm the MD in my office and I just prefer not to put in public. Hope u understand. I am happy to send by email if u don't mind. I'm English guy lived in Asia 30 yrs

ukinhk2 (suspect): My whatsapp is 6111 4129

ME: Hi sure, understand. You can send to [email protected] Have a good night.

ukinhk2 (suspect): Thank u I will. U are very kind.

ukinhk2 (suspect): So tired. Glad for a break tomorrow

ukinhk2 (suspect): Mine is [email protected]

ukinhk2 (suspect): Sent from my other email. Weather looks ok today

[Whatsapp Conversation]

Suspect (10:22): ____ (Good morning in my mother tongue)
Suspect (10:23): Hope my picture not too scary, I'm not suitable for Hollywood.

ME (11:20): Hi
ME (11:21): Haha. No. What makes you think you look "scary"? You look like a nice person. :)

Suspect (11:32): U are very sweet thank u
Suspect (11:33): U too actually. U really looks so nice calm and matured. Hard to find in hk honestly
Suspect (11:32): I want to tell you your English is so very good

ME (11:35): Hmm not sure about my maturity, can't tell about ppl by online dating profile lol
ME (11:37): You would think I sound very English or Aussie, that's what everyone says about my accent.

Suspect (11:38): Well if that is true of yr accent then I just find my ideal lady :D
Suspect (11:39): I can't believe u would be single tho
Suspect (11:39): Honestly u look so nice and such an ideal profile

ME (11:40): Haha... thanks... but you never know we are all normal until we get to know each other

Suspect (11:40): Try not to think too much coz relations is about fate and chemistry
Suspect (11:41): These can not be control

ME (11:41): True :)

Suspect (11:41): My age and plain looks not attractive for many ladies actually
Suspect (11:42): I can calm and organized. Good temper and don't like drama
Suspect (11:42): Many life experiences
Suspect (11:42): Very nice to know u more if u allow
Suspect (11:43): I lived in Asia for 30 yrs
Suspect (11:43): Very familiar with different cultures

ME (11:45) Have to say up front, the age gap is too large but couldn't say No before evening having a chat. Have to go now, will be back in the flat at 22:30, will ping you. Hv a nice day.

Suspect (11:52): Yes thank u for honesty. I realize that my age is unfavourable for most girls and then I am still single. I will be also home around 9:30pm onward. Happy to continue.
Suspect (11:53): Please don't feel any kind of pressure or difficulty if u want to say thank u but maybe I'm not what u search for. I am strong and matured to handle it. :D
Suspect (12:46): I could say I look younger than my age tho haha
Suspect (12:51): (With a photo of rice and chicken) Even my healthy lunch chicken and small rice try to keep in good shape :D

Suspect (21:33): Hey
Suspect (22:09): How are u
Suspect (22:09): What's yr job
Suspect (22:12): I like u. Kind of wish u might give me chance

ME (23:12): Hi sorry just came home
ME (23:17) And sorry I am no sure if I want to continue. Don't want to give you a false hope. I don't think I am suitable for you. Hope you find someone you are looking for.

Suspect (23:18): Well thank u
Suspect (23:19): Thank u be so kind and honest
Suspect (23:20): Nothing I don't know

ME (23:21) Not at all
ME (23:22) In the pile of "junk" you do find nice ppl online sometimes same as in the real life

Suspect (23:24): Thank u
Suspect (23:24): Well I give up
Suspect (23:24): Wish I can know more

Suspect (00:38): Eer = think u

Suspect (07:59): So sad. I try to be realistic but a ___ girl with an Aussie accent is top of my list
Suspect (08:02): If only I were 10 years younger and more handsome.. Oh well
Suspect (08:07): Thinking to close my account and stop being a fool. Need to realize my age and looks are not in my favour
Suspect (08:14): Thank u to reply me I do appreciate that
Suspect (08:43): I don't prefer Thai and Philippine. Too dark. But at my age it's difficult to be choosy.
Suspect (08:52): End of this month will close

Suspect (10:02): Didn't tell u my story. I was married for 10 yrs. Wife died of cancer. 2 kids boy band girl both grown up and overseas
Suspect (10:03): Anyway. Wish u happiness. I will leave LS end of this month

ME (11:43) Good. How abut Nigeria? Is it too dark for you?

Suspect (11:44): Hehe
Suspect (11:44): I prefer quality

ME (11:44): Which part of Africa are you from?

Suspect (11:45): I'm british

ME (11:45) And how many of you operating in HK?

Suspect (11:45): Huh?

ME (11:45) You always operate in the gang?
ME (11:46) And why is that you guys chose someone in older age much older than you when you know you only sound like a kid in your twenties.

Suspect (11:47): What?

ME (11:47): British huh?
ME (11:47) So your collection point is in... London?

Suspect (11:47): What are u talking about?

ME (11:48) You know EXACTLY what I am talking about
ME (11:48): You got a video of... uh... "Kevin" as well?
ME (11:48): Send

------- The scammer immediately blocked me on Whatsapp--------
------ Then he hid his dating profile online from me -------------------

You can easily tell that he is not who he says he is, surely not 56, surely not a Managing Director of a retailer in his office in Hong Kong, surely not from the UK, but only and exactly sounds like a young uneducated and unintelligent man from developing countries.

Although the "email letter" they will send you after you developed an intimate emotions towards them is written with PERFECT ENGLISH, a script written by a native English speaker obviously. The letter could start by a love confession to you, commitment in life and relationships, or their plight in the past, then it will develop into the "email letter" asking you why and how they need money. - also in PERFECT ENGLISH.

These "email letters" (and they send you ONLY by email not by Whatsapp) were crafted by professionals (like by a HQ of the scammer gang) then edited by English native speakers, then circulate amongst scammers in the same gang so the "catch" stories always sound perfect with perfect English but each scammers working on YOU can't keep up with that as they have to improvise random conversations on Whatsapp. THAT is a big give away which they can do nothing about.

For more, pls read my other post of the case of Johnson Mosley (I will put up more information later)
Last edited by LaraC on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

#270221 by LaraC Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:25 am
malu53 wrote:email address leads to a profile on tagged
without pic :(

Kevin C
Last Active: 3 months ago

Hi

Thanks for your report. Then I guess the website (Love Struck Hong Kong) has released him back to the fish tank. I can't see his profile because he has hid his profile from me when I confronted him.

The web site said they will suspend his account "ukinhk2" while they investigate, and I guess they did and found "no suspicious activities" so they released him back. Scammers move onto Whatsapp too soon they don't leave a trace of "suspicious activities" on dating site private messaging functions where admins can access.

As you can see on my report, I did not get "scammed" by him. I stopped it way before he could even try anywhere near. I don't know if you can tell he is a scammer but to my eyes he is TOO OBVIOUS.

If the website put him back on, that's too bad, but then I have to hope the potential victims will do a Google search of his email or tell phone number when they become suspicious and hope they will find this report before they send money to this contact.

PS: And no, as you can see on his message to me that he doesn't want to put his pix on profile because "he is a MD of his office and want to be private about it". So he only sends you photos by email after he made contact with you.

PSS: And is it from Love Struck Hong Kong web site? Then "Last Activities: 3 months ago" is a false. The last he used to contact me through the web site was last week. Which address did you use to search? Apparently he has two, [email protected] given to me through website PM function is apparently by a mistake, he mistakenly sent me his "another identity as being Harry", he sent me his pix by [email protected] telling me his name is Kevin.