Information on romance scams and scammers.
#267797 by Bryon Williams Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:48 am
I am a nice person. You made me be blunt and drive the point that you are being scammed.

It is now up to you.

The bigger question is are you willing to help others like we helped you? My guess is not.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#267814 by Dotti Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:53 am
Bryon and Alan have already made it very clear.

There are literally tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of fake soldier profiles out there, created solely for the purpose of scamming people for their money. Only a small percentage of them have been reported.

I have put his name on this site in the search box few time, his name and middle name and last name and every time it says 0 match, then I tried his DOB and name it says 0 match

You will NEVER find a listing of every name/DOB used by military scammers, for one simple reason: They are always changing. Some scammers use the same name for a long time, but others use a new name and DOB with each scam, or they use the same name for just a few victims. Not finding a name here does not mean he is not a scammer. It simply means that he has not used that name before, or has only used it a few times and it has not yet been reported.

i have looked through 1000 pictures on every military scam site his pic is not there,

Which means he went to the trouble to find a social networking page of a soldier whose photos have not been widely used yet. That requires a little extra effort on the scammer's part, but not much, there are thousands of soldiers with facebook pages, twitter accounts, etc.--and many of them leave those pages open so anyone can find them and steal the photos.

I have read only God knows how many threads with the names of every scammer and cant find any thing
Again, the only thing this tells you is that he has taken the trouble to use a new name.

I asked him to give me his military id and he said that is for special purpose

Translation: he doesn't have one, because he isn't a soldier.

I have done an email search and it goes back to him,

Which means absolutely nothing except that he used the same fake name when he created the email address that he is using to scam. If I'm going to use a pen name of "Helen SmithJones" for my anti-scam work so the scammers can't find me, I'm going to use the name Helen SmithJones to register the email address. It doesn't make me Helen SmithJones.

Bryon has already stated it very clearly. Ultimately you are going to do whatever you want to do, and there is nothing we can do to stop you from making big mistakes. We also can't force you to post anything you don't want to post. But posting the information could help you by enabling us to point out more things that are important, and it could help other victims he is scamming using the same fake details or scripts.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#267929 by Greeninvestor Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:55 am
OK ladies:
I refuse to be a victim my heart and soul fell in love with a picture, yours too , BTW any love letter you get emailed to, just copy it and pate it in a Gogle browser bar and voila, all the live letters he has been sending you will pop up,I am too valuable and worthy of a woman to let some Nigerian THUG fool me, it is our fault, get up and take full responsibility for how you are feeling , you allowed this, they are laughing at us all the way to the bank, WAKE U!!!!!!
#267930 by Bryon Williams Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:27 am
I wrote:
All his poems were stolen off a website. Search parts of it and you will see. He sends the same scripts to hundreds of women daily.

Now you believe me. I knew you were a strong woman. You just needed to get back on track.

If you wish to get back at this low life scamming "Bxxxxxd" and prevent other women from his scams post his details.

Post his fake name, email address, phone numbers, photo's and a couple of his initial emails to you.

The thief wanted to steal your money. You owe him nothing. He did not care about you. He saw you as an ATM.

This is your chance to get back.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#270325 by Greeninvestor Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:06 am
Mod Note: This post was made by a victim that a few days ago she knew she was being scammed. Today either her scammer asked her to remove her post or he has her back in his grips.

Well I am here to tell you that your information and replies were incorrect, the fact that this site or any site could not come up with any answers and just randomly put everybodyas scanners and you can't even give a straight answer I truly think this site had to maintain a negative response to all posts or they would lose credibility, please REMOVE all my posts and inquiries from this and any affiliate sites, I ask you to do this immediately as you are reporting the incorrect info. at least in my case and remove my profile since there is no feature here that I can do that with. :mrgreen:
#270326 by AlanJones Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:28 am
Greeninvestor wrote:Well I am here to tell you that your information and replies were incorrect, the fact that this site or any site could not come up with any answers and just randomly put everybodyas scanners and you can't even give a straight answer I truly think this site had to maintain a negative response to all posts or they would lose credibility, please REMOVE all my posts and inquiries from this and any affiliate sites, I ask you to do this immediately as you are reporting the incorrect info. at least in my case and remove my profile since there is no feature here that I can do that with. :mrgreen:

So, a couple of weeks ago, when you said
Greeninvestor wrote:I refuse to be a victim my heart and soul fell in love with a picture, yours too

you were either lying or you have fallen for yet more of your scammer's lies.

The information that you have been given here, based on the vague details that you have been given is 100% accurate, it's a pity that you are too blind to see it and to provide sufficient details for us to give you definite proof.

At the end of the day, it is your money that you are wasting funding some lazy scumbag's drug habit or paying for some jewellery for his real wife or girlfriend, I just hope for your sake that you don't end up bankrupting yourself doing it.

For posterity

Greeninvestor wrote:Is this a real email address?

Brian. Graham.us.army.Mil?

Greeninvestor wrote:For my own info how would have this email address would have been formatted for it to be real?

So there is no Captain Brian Graham with the D.O.B 04/17/1967 in the Army serving in Syria?

Greeninvestor wrote:Please check the name and see if there is a person by this name serving as a united states serviceman not necessarily I Syria

Brian Scott Graham
Born 04/17/1961
Anywhere

Thanks

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#270390 by Bryon Williams Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:02 pm
Greeninvestor wrote:OK ladies:
I refuse to be a victim my heart and soul fell in love with a picture, yours too , BTW any love letter you get emailed to, just copy it and pate it in a Gogle browser bar and voila, all the live letters he has been sending you will pop up,I am too valuable and worthy of a woman to let some Nigerian THUG fool me, it is our fault, get up and take full responsibility for how you are feeling , you allowed this, they are laughing at us all the way to the bank, WAKE U!!!!!!

Thanks for the advice.

#270577 by Bryon Williams Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:53 pm
This thread reminds me of a victim who was hard to get off the hook.

I want all to read my post here >> viewtopic.php?f=13&p=240306 it will show the scammer picking up monies from various women. You will also see him with his wife/girlfriend celebrating the victim sending money. There is a reference to the woman/victim on the cake.

This scammer bought jewelry, cars and alcohol and bragged to his friends.

#270610 by Dotti Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:25 am
First, let me clarify a few things:

Posts will NOT be deleted, and neither will accounts. It is standard practice not to delete accounts, and as for the posts themselves, while we routinely remove posts that falsely accuse people of scamming, that is not the case here. The.posts are legitimate, and we are talking about a scammer, period. Removing posts about an active scammer only serves to eliminate a warning that may save other victims and potential victims. If you want to throw your own life away on a scammer, we can't stop you--but we can certainly do our best to stop you from bringing others down with you.

If the person calling himself Brian Graham is going to continue to maintain that the posts are false, and he would like them removed, he can contact myself or Bryon. Either one of us would be happy to have a chat with him to give him the opportunity to verify his identity.

As Alan has already stated, the more information you provide, the more evidence we can provide that you are dealing with a scammer. But in reality, there is already no doubt whatsoever.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and swims like a duck--it's a duck.
If it combines an over-the-top online romance approach with copied romantic emails, photos of a soldier, a fake location, and a fictional military email address, it's a scam. It really is that simple. It is a scenario we have dealt with thousands of times.

I truly think this site had to maintain a negative response to all posts or they would lose credibility,

Do you have any idea how illogical this sounds? It's the sort of rationalization that a scammer will use to try to convince his victim that the warnings are wrong. Scamwarners is not a paparazzi or gossip site. We don't score points for accusing more people of wrongdoing. The credibility of a site like ours is based entirely on the quality and accuracy of our information. If someone is not a scammer, then we will say so, period, and in most cases we will remove the topic. Falsely declaring someone to be a scammer is no more accurate than declaring a real scammer innocent--either will reduce the credibility of the site and will negatively impact the work that we do. It's simply not how we work.

We are volunteers at scamwarners. We are not paid, and we spend our own time (and often money) for the sole purpose of preventing people from being victimized by these scams, and that includes the victims whose photos and identities are used in these scams. We do it because we care. Nobody posting here benefits, financially or otherwise, from calling someone a scammer or from ANY part of what we do. Our goal here is to help you to understand the truth, however unpalatable it may be, in hopes of preventing further harm to you.

On the other hand, the scammer has a clear financial incentive here. He needs to convince you that he is real (or that he is a threat if he chooses to go in that direction) in order to financially benefit. In his case, everything he says is for the purpose of hooking his victim tightly enough to get back to the money, which is his true goal. He is without conscience. He sees the women he scams only as a means to an end, and he will say whatever he thinks will get him to that end without blinking. He will tell you he loves you, offer you a future, knowing that he never intends to deliver, without hesitation. He will send you fake certificates, forms, or letters. If he can find video of the man in the photos or a similar-looking man, he will create fake webcam for the sole purpose of convincing you he is real. He will make up nonsense about military policy to explain his demands. When accused, he will declare his innocence, tell you that the world does not want you to be happy, say that a woman who accuses him is an unstable ex (and he will say the same about you to other victims.) He will even threaten you and your family if he thinks that better serves his purpose.

While I expect these words will not mean much right now if you are still listening to the scammer's lies, i hope that you will think about them:
-when he is asking you send bogus emails to fake military addresses (the real US military would have absolutely NO contact with you)
-when he asks you to pay imaginary fees for leave, phone, retirement (none of which the soldier pays for,) -when he asks you to receive or send money for him because he can't access his funds (another common scammer lie about soldiers, and another tactic which makes you an accomplice to the scammer in his crimes)
-when he is telling you that he needs you to send money for his child's medical emergency (soldiers' families have military-provided healthcare)
-when he asks you to send money to his child's nanny (soldiers cannot leave children with nannies to go overseas.)
-when he invents any other story that somehow can only be fixed by your money.

I see two key support members who have tried very hard to make the truth known in this thread. They see a victim who appeared to be starting to see the truth, headed right back into the clutches of a low-life thieving con artist. That is very frustrating to them because they do care, and their frustration shows in their posts. I hope that someday you understand that, and I hope that day comes before you find yourself both lonely and bankrupt.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.