Information on romance scams and scammers.
#276093 by Kathlee Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:56 am
One guy claims himself a UNDSS and is now in foreign country for a purchase assignment for refugees in Syria. Is it real that UN assigns this type of task to its associates?
Advertisement

#276104 by Tim Atem Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:08 am
No, that's doesn't sound legit, but we need more information. Could you post some of the emails (with your personal information removed) to give more of the story he's telling you. Is this someone you've been communicating with over the internet that is telling you this story or was this an email you received out of the blue?

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#276429 by Kathlee Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:00 am
Tim Atem wrote:No, that's doesn't sound legit, but we need more information. Could you post some of the emails (with your personal information removed) to give more of the story he's telling you. Is this someone you've been communicating with over the internet that is telling you this story or was this an email you received out of the blue?

===> it's from the guy that I have been chatting with in the past couple months. I knew him from match.com but never met in person. He claims himself a UNDSS man. He said he recevied a purchase assignment and went to Cambodia for rice and garment purchase for refugees in Syria camp. He's running out of money as he didn't expect the country to be that corrupted and also the customs clearance fee is so high. He asked me for money. Every time i asked him to preveil his identity, he always said that he could have gone to jail if he does that as I still haven't passed clearance yet with the job he does. I am so stupid to have falled for him and have sent him quite a lot fund to 3 different Cambodia accounts under different names, none of the name is same as the name he uses to register at Match.com. He said they are his agents in Camboda. He continues to ask me to send more money and claims that it would be the last one as he had one best deal there, that's when i realized that he could be a scammer. Too bad that it's too late. :(
Last edited by Kathlee on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
#276430 by AlanJones Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:19 am
Kathlee wrote:He's running out of money as he didn't expect the country to be that corrupted and also the customs clearance fee is so high. He asked me for money.

Anyone you meet on a dating site, who asks you for money is a scammer, no exceptions - if he was legitimately working for the UN then they would take care of him while he is on assignment.

Block him and don't respond to any more mails from him or let him know that you know he's a scammer - he'll just deny it and try to keep scamming you.

Please also post his email address, etc so that other victims can find them if they search.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#276440 by malu53 Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:38 am
email address leads to an empty profile from 2015 on FB

facebook.com/phillips.contessa
Phillips Contessa

email address also leads to a profile on Skype
Name: Noe

IP used: 103.21.154.214 <<< Organization: REDtone, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

your buddy is a West African student, currently studying in Malaysia :evil:
#276444 by Kathlee Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:12 am
Many thanks, too bad that I found out this late. a big lesson well learned. Any chance that he can be caught? suggestions? thanks,
#276446 by Kathlee Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:16 am
pls also help to teach me how he was able to find some many pictures of other people? He sent me many pictures of the person in the picture at different time, with friends and families... All looks so real. Thanks,
#276468 by malu53 Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:36 am
@Kathlee
you wrote

Any chance that he can be caught? suggestions?
sorry to tell you this
no way
scammers from West Africa rarely - if ever - get caught
I heard of police raids in Malaysia, but also there it's not common to catch scammers
though the police is not as corrupt as in Nigeria and Ghana.

Anually, billions of Euros, dollars are taken out of the economies of countries where scammers are present on social sites, Europe, Asia -Australia, New Zealnad, the Americas, scammers operate around the globe;
and as long as people fall for them it is and will be an easy and perfect income for these criminals.

how he was able to find some many pictures
stolen from the internet, from somebody's profile, flickr account or whereever