Information on romance scams and scammers.
#217713 by mjager56 Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:41 pm
There is a guy on facebook calling himself John Elias who has the same pictures as Erik Jonas. He says he lives in Ocala, FL but is from Columbus, GA. I have been talking to him for about a week now and he asked me for money today and I told him no to go get a loan. I told him I figured he was a scammer and now I knew he was. He also goes by the name of Erik Jonas and unfortunately I did get scammed by Erik Jonas over 12000 dollars. So if you ever come in contact with an Erik Jonas or John Elias, they are both scammers. They are both on facebook and have the same pictures on their profile pages. Please don't fall victim to their scams. I am still digging myself out of the debt I put myself in. Please be careful. thank you.
Advertisement

#217715 by Bubbles Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:52 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners mjager56I am sorry you were scammed by this criminal. Thank you for posting up the email address he used This will help others who encounter him.

As you know, stop all communication with him and unfriend him on Facebook.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#277035 by Lyoung123 Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:18 pm
I am talking to this person right now via messenger on Facebook. I met him on match.com, but he said he preferred to talk on Facebook. His name is Charles Olive Ing. He says he is self employed and is a widow. This is the second scammer I have been involved in , in the last 2 months. UNBELIEVABLE! !
#277036 by Lyoung123 Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:23 pm
I just told him I was involved with a scammer a few weeks ago and he said he had to go and meet a friend and that we will talk later. I guess he knew he wouldn't be able to con me with his lies...On match.com his user name is :matchcharles58. Loser!!