Information on romance scams and scammers.
#118755 by woman scorned Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:12 pm
MET THIS CREEP ON MATCH.COM. HE IS A STORY TELLER. WIDOWED, SINGLE PARENT. HE CLAIMED TO BE A PROPERY DEVELOPER AND HAD LOTS OF CASH????? NO WAY. ASSOCIATES ARE BARI ABUDIN, ANIEBIET STEVEN UDOH, PAUL KELECHI OKEREKE. HE MAY ALSO USE THE NAME RAFEE JAHFAR. HE CLAIMS TO HAVE HIS WALLET/CREDIT CARD STOLEN. NEEDS CASH SHORT TERM. REFERS YOU TO A FEMALE CALLED KIM TO VERIFTY WHAT A CATCH HE IS. CLAIMS TO LIVE IN LONDON, MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA BUT CAN'T CONFIRM ANY OF THIS. TALKS ABOUT MEETING BUT THIS NEVER HAPPENS. CURRENTLY IN KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA. OR WAS! FREQUENTS 2 JALAN RAJA LAUT. K.L. TO GET MONEY. I HAVE PHOTOS OF THIS SCAMMER. RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN FROM THIS MAN. HE HAS SCAMMED MYSELF AND OTHERS. ON SCAMWATCH, SCAMCHECKER. ECT.
:evil: PERSON
Advertisement

#118762 by Dotti Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:35 pm
Welcome to scamwarners.

What you describe is typical of an African romance scammer. One small correction, though--you don't have photos of the scammer; rather, you have the photos the scammer is using.

If the photos are not of a young, black, African man, then they are stolen, most likely from someone's facebook or myspace page, a modeling or acting site, or a photo-sharing site.

Please post the email address the scammer was using, as well as his early emails to you and the ones around the money request (remove your information first, if there is anything that is really personal--though often when you review the scammers' emails again, you end up realizing that they were actually somewhat generic. These emails are often scripted, and they are reused again and again on new victims, even after the scammer changes names and/or photos. Having them posted can help others to avoid being scammed.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#283866 by Terminator5 Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:09 pm
Can you private message me the details that you have on him ?

Daniel 8 :25