Information on romance scams and scammers.
#282833 by Hate liars Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:13 pm
I'm new to this site. Met a man on Christian Mingle stated he was a Staff Sargeant in the Infantry stationed in Syria, and that he was about to retire in 2 years after 18 years in the military. Sent me his phone number so we could text off the site as it "would be easier to talk" which soon changed to Viber texts and phone calls. He is going by the name Howard Thomas Young and uses the email [email protected]. Used the name: holuvislif71 on Christian mingle. He sent me many photos of Sgt Young but when I asked him to send me a photo of him blowing me a kiss (I was getting increasingly suspicious) he got uncomfortable sounding. The previous weeks he had been dropping tidbits of info talking about care packages, said that they had gotten package bombs disguised as packages from family members so there was now a registration process that involves the benefactor to send funds to a second party who would forward the needed supplies to the selected soldier. I told him I did not feel comfortable sending money if he wasn't willing to send me the picture I requested. He tried to sound hurt that I didn't trust him. He was pretty convincing. He told me to forget it, to NOT send him the "care package" by the end of the conversation, I told him that I WOULD send the package just to prove that I trust him. He declined. Then said he would call me later after he licked his wounds. I had no intention of sending money, just wanted to see what he said. He sent me the email address of one [email protected]. I received an email back 48 hours later that said he was in charge of care packages and that their new system requires you to go through some necessary military registration to have your name assigned to the solder named. (Exact quote) and that he would get back to me ASAP to let me know the procedures on how to send the desired items.

Having been introduced to your site by a retired Marine just today, I read through a lot of your material and sounded eerily familiar scenarios. I did NOT alert "Howard" that I found this site and I want to send an email BACK to this "colonel" so I can provide more info to your site and its readers to help stop these MONSTERS who obviously lack human souls. I will try t send photos of this man if I can figure out how to do that.
Advertisement

#282840 by malu53 Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:56 pm
same pics and profile on okc
holuvislif71
44 • New York, NY • Man

My self-summary
I am an honest hard working man with a great sense of humor. I enjoy movies, music, sports and outdoor activities. I would say that I'm easy going with a great attitude toward life. I love trying new things (its the only way you'll learn). I am always good for a laugh, you usually don't see me in a bad mood. I'm easy to talk to and get along with, and I'm a good listener. relationship with mutual respect, warmth, loyalty and acceptance is a must. Maybe because I am open to new things flexible and feel there is so much to learn and enjoy about someone that finding someone who likes to do what I like to do is not that important. I haven't discovered everything I like to do yet,it I like animals even though I don't have any. am on here looking for something serious, not here for jokes or drama or game...I'm looking for someone honest, I can love and care for and knowing she loves me back So let me know if you want to talk.

I’m looking for
Women
Ages 39—59
Located anywhere
Who are single
For long-term dating

Last online Yesterday – 11:07pm
Orientation Straight
Ethnicity White
Status Single
Education Two-year college
Offspring Has kid(s) and doesn’t want more
Speaks English

#282843 by Bryon Williams Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:17 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners Hate liars,

Yes, 100% scam.

The scammer made excuses why he can not accept care packages because he does not have a real military address. Plus the scammer would rather have cash.

The fake colonel is not using an official military email address. [email protected] << is a free email address like gmail, hotmail and yahoo.

The scammer is playing both roles.

Thank you for your post.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#283026 by Bryon Williams Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:50 pm
How to post photo's viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219 use scamwarners and mark the photo's as stolen.

Blot out any children faces.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#284027 by TALGel Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:38 pm
Hi There,

Sadly I have dealt with the same scam apparently and sent a care package in late November. He is still in contact with me after more than 3 months and has sent me a number of photos during this time. Recently he started asking for large sums of money, a thousand dollars and then three thousand dollars. He has also sent me photos of him in his Army uniform as well as photos of his "daughter". I will try to figure out how to upload all of the photos (minus those of his daughter knowing children are out of bounds) so that others won't get caught in this ugly trap... I want to believe the best in the world, but sometimes, when this kind of sickness happens, it is hard to remember why I should be kind and caring!

When you search the web for Howard Thomas Young, there is like nada out there. Pretty hard to believe that there is no trail whatsoever for a 44 year old guy. Same story with Viber and the rest.
#284032 by TALGel Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:38 pm
I see I am not the first to be scammed by a "soldier" claiming to be Staff Sergeant Howard Thomas Young, age 44. He posted on OKCupid and responded to my profile on OKC. States he lives in NY, NY. He went quickly from texting to an app called Viber. I sent a care package in November around Thanksgiving time, although in truth, the care package was actually money sent to a moneygram location for a pick-up by someone who would do the shopping for him. The person "brokering the package" was a Colonel Jefferson Barnett with a [email protected] email address. He is using the cell number (341) 321-7581. He is using the email [email protected]. He claims to have a daughter, Mary, who is 15 and even sent photos of her. She has enough likeness to be believable. Below are all of the thumbnail photos I have of him. I used scamwarners to make them right for this site. He recently started asking for $1000 and then $3000 for trouble he has gotten into in Turkey. And he will repay me once he gets back to the states and can access his bank account. He has continued talking with me on the phone and texting for over 3 months at this point, promising he will be home soon and is looking forward to meeting me. He is very charming, asks about how my work and family are doing. Writes love letters via email every few days. I will post more when I have the time, this should get some things started. I will sort through emails another day. Its devastating to say the least.

#284043 by Hate liars Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:13 pm
Luckily for ME, I sent no money. Knew it was a scam when he mentioned "care packages". Told me he didn't WANT me to send one if I thought it was a scam. I said, "DUH" and that I knew he was a scammer. Then I sent him hate mail to the fake colonel address (who died a year ago he's from Southfield, MI.) then I proceeded to contact ALL the major dating websites with all the information email address, etc. got him kicked off 4 of them. I NEVER mentioned this site to him SO DONT DO IT EITHER!!! And I blocked him on Viber and my cell phone. That was my first venture on a dating website (Christian Mingle) and MY LAST!
#295732 by Kshep Sat May 21, 2016 10:37 pm
malu53 wrote:same pics and profile on okc
holuvislif71
44 • New York, NY • Man

My self-summary
I am an honest hard working man with a great sense of humor. I enjoy movies, music, sports and outdoor activities. I would say that I'm easy going with a great attitude toward life. I love trying new things (its the only way you'll learn). I am always good for a laugh, you usually don't see me in a bad mood. I'm easy to talk to and get along with, and I'm a good listener. relationship with mutual respect, warmth, loyalty and acceptance is a must. Maybe because I am open to new things flexible and feel there is so much to learn and enjoy about someone that finding someone who likes to do what I like to do is not that important. I haven't discovered everything I like to do yet,it I like animals even though I don't have any. am on here looking for something serious, not here for jokes or drama or game...I'm looking for someone honest, I can love and care for and knowing she loves me back So let me know if you want to talk.

I’m looking for
Women
Ages 39—59
Located anywhere
Who are single
For long-term dating

Last online Yesterday – 11:07pm
Orientation Straight
Ethnicity White
Status Single
Education Two-year college
Offspring Has kid(s) and doesn’t want more
Speaks English

Well he changed his name to.Steven and his daughter is now only e
#295733 by Bryon Williams Sat May 21, 2016 10:46 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Did he change email addresses?

Where did you find him and what user name did he use?

Can you please post a couple of his initial emails to you minus your personal information..

#295764 by Kshep Sun May 22, 2016 2:46 am
I don't have an email for him. I found him on tinder the name was Steven phone number is changed to 347-797-1764 we have just been texting and yesterday he asked me to send a care package. I asked for the address but have yet to receive one. But this is the same guy cause I got the same pictures. I am still in contact with him so I will see what he does next.
#295765 by Bryon Williams Sun May 22, 2016 2:56 am
He is a scammer and a thief. Just stop all contact with him. He will continue to lie.

Do not explain anything to him just disappear.

This phone number can receive and make calls any where in the world with internet.
(347) 797-1764
VoIP - Enflick