Information on romance scams and scammers.
#293468 by malu53 Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:37 pm
probably the same scammer, the user name on okc and mingle2 is rather unique

tagged
Walters A
Relationship Status: Divorced
Religion: Christian
Orientation: Straight

same pics here
farmerscrush.com
Nickname: Walkonwaters
City: 27804
Province: 155
Ethnicity? Mixed
Height? 5'7
Eye color? Brown
Hair color? Black
Do you have children?? Yes
Do you want children?? Yes
Information about yourself? Simple, caring , loving & passionate
Explain why you are here? Looking to find someone special

on picassa
Walter Allen
caption: cheeky me

Skype ID: walkonwaters123
Name: Allen Walter
Loccation: Sydney, Australia
Skype avatar shows the first pic of tagged profile
Advertisement

#293469 by malu53 Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:05 pm
also an option <<< the outlook address

Skype ID: live:walkonwaters123
no location

Skype avatar

the second pic on scammers's FB profile, this Skype avatar, and the first pic mezz posted, i.e.:

all the pics are stolen from the FB profile of a married American Army personnel, garrisoned in Hohenfels, Upper Palatinate, Bavaria, Germany

Removed link so others will not contact the victim of the stolen photo's. (BW)
#316387 by Ozgirl74 Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:26 am
Hi.

I have been communicating with this same person. I first made contact with him on OKCupid under username Freeminded2.

His profile stated that he lived in Sandgate, Queensland. Once we started chatting he informed me he was in Iraq serving with NATO on a peace mission.

This all started in November 2015 . Not long after we were chatting, he sent me flowers to my home address. He got my details via a form which I foolishly filled out to enable me to speak to him via military phone.

I have also sent him an amount of money.

I also had parcel started to turn up. These were supposedly from a Charity that his base unit were part off and I was to wait for a courier to pick them up.

The information on the address lables was part of my name, not my full name, but the address details were correct.

I then started to receive letters from Virgin Mobile, Vodafone and Telstra regarding new phone accounts that I had supposedly opened. These accounts were opened only using part of my name.

The Telstra bill ended up being $4000.

These have now been sorted out but it was stressing me out.

I mentioned this to Clinton and he denied any knowledge of what was going on.

I have filed a police report with ACORN but I doubt anything will be done.

mezz wrote:I've been chatting for a while with a man claiming to be a sergeant class E7 with NATO and is currently on deployment in Iraq on a peace keeping mission, which was due to end the second week of May but has now been extended to December. His name is Clinton Walter. Email is [email protected] and he has a user name of walkonwaters123 on OK Cupid where I met him and as it seems also mingle2.com in Australia.

He claims he lost his parents at age 5, and is divorced with a 16yr old son at boarding school. When we met, not long into our conversation he brought up the subject of scammers and frauds, saying he was afraid to get involved because of them. I'd never really known much about these fraudsters and the things he was telling me seemed so believable. We have been talking for months now and sadly I have given him money. I'm only on the disability support pension and have put myself into debt now and am going to lose everything I own basically as I'm getting suspicious now.

He says NATO is different and the benefits are amazing so it costs to 1. Become his contact. 2. They have to pay for Internet, 3. The food supplied is so bad so he has to buy other stuff. 4. he loves me and wants to marry me so let's do a proxy marriage 5. He now wants to come home on emergency leave and needs me to pay for it.

He has said once he gets home we will get married and all the money I have given him he will return to me. He tells me if I have any questions to ask him instead of researching online as NATO is not like any other army and I won't find the correct information. After looking at US army sites I find information stating leave does not need to be paid for and spouses can't apply for their leave, only they can. But he tells me with NATO only I can apply for his leave.

I'm so confused and in debt now. I have multiple health issues and I've used everything I own for this man. He told me he had plenty of money but just can't access it whilst on deployment. At one stage I called him out on it and he was able to make me believe he wasn't a scammer. He told me he didn't want my money as he had plenty and was going to pay it all back etc. he seemed so genuine, talking about stuff that happened on his days, on duty, being attacked, ambushed, going out on patrol, doing safeguard duties etc etc. all seemed so legitimate.

Today I wised up a bit though and did an IP address search on him. All it gave me was the country code. But that was enough to make me suspicious. It was BJ, which is Benin, right next to Nigeria. The so called army email address was firstly [email protected] and now [email protected] because they were attacked apparently and lost their server. (I only today found out mail.com is a free mail site). He went on all about the SIRP and NIRP systems etc and how they'd been hacked etc. and even sent me his so called NATO security pass but I've today seen warning of them being photoshopped. it was all so believable and now because of that I'm possibly going to have to go bankrupt as I have no way of paying back these debts (in the thousands).

I've looked up the name on Facebook, on Google, anywhere possible but cannot find anything anywhere. On him, his son. Nothing. Ive done name searches, image searches etc. I'm feeling so vulnerable and stupid right now. I can't believe I fell for it. I only looked at local people on dating sites. His profile said he was from Melbourne. Then he told me he was on deployment after we started chatting. How can these people get away with this?!
#316454 by mezz Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:00 am
Sorry to hear you've been scammed by him too. These people are the scum of the earth, but I'm glad you were able to sort out the bills etc. I gave him all my details too so who knows what has been done in my name! I haven't received anything as yet thankfully. It has been really tough financially for me since then as I cannot work due to illness and I borrowed money to give to him which I cannot pay back. It sucks big time.