Information on romance scams and scammers.
#291984 by Been Betrayed Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:38 pm
He got me too!!! A lot of the same photos, same contract from the same oil company. He is very smooth and knew all of the right things to say. I sent him a lot of money. I was even a fool and borrowed money for him. I recently texted him on the 713-322-9906 number on 03/26/19 at 10:49 pm CST, surprisingly received a return text at 03/27/16 at 12:57 CST telling me I had the wrong number also telling me "Sorry for whoever hurt u". That made me very angry. I texted him again on 04/03/16 at 2:29 pm CST and he returned the text at 2:35 pm saying you have the wrong number I'm from the Bahamas. I am ready, willing and able to help get this man. He had me send the money from my Chase bank acct to another Chase bank. He provided me with the name on the account and of course the account number, it was in California, which was verified by the bank teller. I know I will never recoup any of my money but I want this man stopped and will help in any way.
Advertisement

#291987 by Mike Wilson Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:35 am
Hello Been Betrayed,
Sorry to hear that you lost money to this criminal. If you have any new contact information for this scammer please post it in this thread.

You have a message from me.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#292045 by Mike Wilson Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:30 pm
It’s really busy here sweetheart..Work is getting really hectic.The reception out here at the work site is Messy. I had my phone with me because I knew you would try to reach me. If you try to wire the funds directly to China international transactions takes 3-4 working days to get to China and will also cost you some transfer charges. To avoid all that Roy made them provide a US based banking details of their affiliate so you can deposit the check.. I just don’t want to stress you sweetheart. You’ve gone through enough stress already. Below are the list of PNC branches . If any of the locations is close to you,you can easily drive down to the branch to deposit the check which makes it easier but if you can’t, then you can go to your bank and have them credit the PNC account details. Have them also give you a copy of the slip

Below is the banking details.

PNC Bank.
Act Name. KDK AUTOBROKERS INC.
Act number 42xxxx6513.
Routing 041000124

Noted MW

Thanks for everything you’ve done sweetheart.I love you very much.I’ll spend the rest of my life showing you everyday how much I love you.You’ll never have to wonder if I still care.Roy is very grateful too sweetie
When going to the bank write down just the account information or have it in your phone.

I love you

--
[Marc-Andre B Greenwald]
[Director][SeaBay Global Services Inc]
[+1 (204) 813 7655][ [email protected]]
[http://www.seabayglobal.com]
[LinkedIn:https://ca.linkedin.com/pub/marc-andre-b-greenwald/b6/a34/a39]

The email domain is no longer functional..

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#293511 by catfishfinder Sun May 01, 2016 6:10 pm
We have a friend who met "Marc Andre B Greenwald" on a dating website and is in a long distance "relationship" with him as we speak. We have suspected that he was a fake. He has told her everything that y'all have written on this website. By chance, have any of you actually met him in person?
#293514 by AlanJones Sun May 01, 2016 10:43 pm
No one will have met him in person as the person sending the email is not the person in the photos and is most likely a young black man located somewhere in Africa or the Far East.

He has no interest in your friend, just in how much of her money he can steal.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#295084 by Cestmoi Mon May 16, 2016 9:41 am
Last January I started chatting on tinder with a man named John Larson.
After two days he asked me to chat with him via viber.
His phone number +19189216879
He told me he lived in Greenville SC after leaving Winnipeg Canada where he lived with his wife and two children until his wife died of cancer four years ago.
He worked on contract base with different major oil companies.
After two weeks he called me he was in big trouble because his bankcards were hacked and had to bail out a friend who was in China buying some materials for him and was stuck there. I refused to give him money I told him I couldn't help him out. After two days he called me back to tell me all the problems where solved his bank helped him out.
After another two weeks he told me he had to leave Greenville to go to Houston to sign a contract with Marathon Oil.
I became slightly suspicious and tracked the flight he said he took to fly to Houston.
He made a mistake to tell me he arrived safe and well in Houston and was waiting for his friend/assistant Roy to join him in Houston. The flight didn't arrive in Houston yet because of a delay of 5 hours in Greenville. At that moment I knew he was a scammer.
Once in Houston he kept on chatting daily telling me he was so happy he won the contract with Marathon Oil and Roy would leave very soon for China to buy the materials.
Once Roy was in China he started asking money to help him out to buy the materials to complete the contract and to be able to start the works on the platform.
I got several calls from a man named Roy Scofield supposed to be in China his phone number is +85258087763
Because I was convinced that they were scammers I kept chatting with "John Larson" and played the game and I asked him to send me the proof of their contract with Marathon Oil. He could only send me pictures of it because there was no scanner available.
The contracts of Marathon Oil are similar of those with marc Andre Greenwald.
The company name is different.
Since "John Larson" realized I would never pay something he started to stalk me on the phone by trying to call me via viber day and night. I didn't answer the calls.
I blocked all his contacts viber and phone since end of April.
#318181 by mousse28 Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:36 pm
Dear Cest moi,

I am a French citizen and have been scamed by a guy named John Larson.
He was in France in May and he contacted me via the dating site Tinder. Very quickly he told me to come on Viber to chat. When I Contacted him and started the chat i noticed he were very closed to me (Paris) and sometimes 8000 kms from me. The localisation changed.
Your story is exactly mine. He is a widow, his wife is dead from a cancer, he has two children in Canada and his mother.
I have been manipulated by this guy who is very dangerous. He was first living in Greenville (you can not find him at this address).His mobile number is exactly the same that you mentioned and his other cell phone is +1 610 894 0745 in September he was so happy to tell me he got a market with a very huge oil company Marathon Oil in Houston.
Quickly, the was in troubles and explained that he needed money to buy Chinese materials. He asked me money and I was having a romance story with him, such a "nice man", he was very nice and polite and very patient! I accept to loan him money which was sent to a China account.
His associate was Roy Scofield who was sent to China to control the shipment of materials necessary for his job with Marathon Oil Company. He kept to be very trustful and told me he will reimburse me as soon as he got his second payment of the company.
Again, he asked for the third time money to pay Chinese customs fees and planned to come to meet me.
4 times he told he was going to come to meet me and each time he cancelled for professional reasons.
Now he tried to manipulate me again telling me that it is my fault if we cannot meet soon. I must have paid him again.
He had the last final meeting with the board on last Friday. He has breach te contract as he wasnt able to finish the job..

I really would like to be in touch with you. Do you have pictures of him? We can exchange informations about him by our mutual emails.

I need your witness for the case I am going to put to the police for scaming.

Thanking you in advance.

Mousse28 :(
#318186 by AlanJones Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:56 pm
The previous poster is unlikely to reply to you as they haven't been back to the forum since they made their post 8 months ago.

I can tell you for certain thought that you are being scammed. The person you are in contact with will never meet you as he is not the person in the pictures that he sent you. He will just keep finding excuses to ask you for more money and blame you for his failure to travel.

The best thing that you can do is block him and do not respond to him any further. He does not love you, just the money that he steals from you.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.