Information on romance scams and scammers.
#285257 by STLee Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:31 am
Name used : Alexander Alvarado
currently in West Africa Nigeria on a peace keeping mission
he posted numerous photos with army in it, i asked is it allowed to use handphone when on duty?
and the answer given was

"I'm using military device to chart with you I'm in charge of monitoring unit like bombs, missiles, radio activities and gun I'm doing this in secret because if am caught doing this I will be punished by the military and I may loose my job but I'm doing bit because I see that you're sincere"
:lol:
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotation.
Advertisement

#295932 by enlymited Tue May 24, 2016 1:04 am
Hi

I also met someone for quite sometime now. he said he is US Army from Camp Leatherneck in Afghanistan. Should I believe in him?

He's been upto to ask me to help him send leave for pay. I said I can't help him. he said he will still love me regardless.

I find it dubious because he has this "COMMUNICATION DEVICE" which has no audio and video for security purposes.

I met this guy from wechat a very strange random way. i Don't know. i Am scared and I am somewhat attached to him already.
#295963 by AlanJones Tue May 24, 2016 3:58 am
Any "soldier" that asks you to pay for leave, communications equipment or anything else or asks you to contact his commanders is a scammer. None of this happens in the real armed forces.

Please post your scammer's email addresses and also examples of the mails that he has sent you.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#296064 by enlymited Tue May 24, 2016 11:58 pm
Too bad i already sent out a sum of $1000 USD in less than a month's time. :? And now this: (below) **can't imagine a shipment would cost me $2000 and more**

~~~
The agent's name "handles" my special delivery is: Christopher Bells [email protected]

Who's last email to me was:

Dear Customer,

Attached to this letter is a flip copy received from the
International Homeland Security in charge of cargo and consignment Clearance.
They have requested that you pay for the Clearance yellow tag to avoid disturbances from other government offices.
The box will be released and delivered to you once the payment is made.
The Management have decided to help you by contributing 400 USD to the said fund.
You are thereby required to pay 1720 USD to complete it.
The payment will be made to our corresponding agent that is handling the fund.

Thanks.

This is different from the "leave" yet. I told the "soldier" that i cannot afford to help already. He said i should not pay.
But after a while he begs to pay for it still. Also, He said either i pay for leave or get his stuff!
I said no and said goodbye. But just won't let go :(

I am still having SMALL hopes.
Coz is has not been asking for anything right now, SO FAR.

Big thanks
#296106 by Tim Atem Wed May 25, 2016 7:15 am
He is a scammer and any money you've already sent him is long gone. Do not send anymore money, stop all communication with him and do not tell him you are on to him. Just let him think you've dropped off the face of the planet.

Please post his email address and any emails he has sent you with your personal information removed. This will help warn others who may be searching.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#296109 by enlymited Wed May 25, 2016 7:43 am
When i bugged him about what to do ehen i get his stuff (repeatedly asked of it)

All you need to do when. You get the box is to mail [email protected]
Tell him you are Mrs ______ or mrs _____. That you want your husband free from camp and that you wish for him to process my leave here and make arrangements for me to be you that you will make the necessary payment.

No offical email addresses.
Yeah i will slowly do that. I am so sad. Too good to be true.
#296125 by enlymited Wed May 25, 2016 10:35 am
Whoa,

This is I assume the point person who gets
Money from moneygram

I found an address which is for sale 6years already!!

Here is the address the agent Bells gave me:

Address: 735 N 2nd st,paragould,AR (NO ONE LIVES HERE :o :o )

Zip Code: 72450
Contact no: +1 512 523 4962.
The parcel would be delivered to the address given to us through a private delivery agent.
You are kindly advised to use the payment details below in making the payment through MONEYGRAM.

NAME: BRANDIE BAKER (found A facebook user for this when you type Brandie Baker Paragould but of course profile is empty)

STATE: ARKANSAS
CITY: PARAGOULD
AMOUNT: 80 USD

The delivery of your bags is kept pending as a result of incomplete delivery charge.
You have 48 hours left to make this payment.
Your bags is fully safe and secured under our custody for the given period of time.
You are advised to make the next payment within this period of time to avoid risk of theft and other form of insecurity.
Failure to make this payment on or before then could put your bags at risk and we would bare no responsibility for whatever happens as a result of this.

#296183 by enlymited Thu May 26, 2016 12:03 am
slammed myself by checking the mobile numbers given to me.
amazing how people can scam another. where's the conscience :(

and here I am, a victim. hahaha

lesson learned.
added bonus: Brokenhearted (slight!) but i am ignoring him already.