Information on romance scams and scammers.
#301738 by 1967dml Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:13 am
Hi
I've been talking a guy who claims he is us army officer based on deployment in Somalia. He's been very friendly and is trying to get me to pay for his leave to come and see me. I'm convinced it's a scam but can you help?
This is email I received

Dear ms D

In regards to your mail, I am pleased to tell you that you can now proceed with the Vocational leave application of your fiancee ''Sergeant Gilleran R Charles with service number:- 25130582''. You should also be aware that, during this transit process, you are going to remit some amount of money to one of our finance agent in the USA Or any other continent. This will be refunded to you as soon as your fiancee's safe arrival is confirmed.. I have attached to this email a copy of the policies and instructions for a vocational leave request and there you can choose the minimum of month you want your fiancee home with you on leave, Please find the attachment, read and get back to us on the month you want, I'm expecting your reply as soon as possible, this will facilitate the payment for bringing another soldier who has the same Skills and training with ''Sergeant Gilleran R Charles with service number:- 25130582'' You will have to make this Payment through Western Union or Money Gram outlet(s). Once you provide us with this information you are no longer anonymous to us. (We) protect your privacy. We do not insist you to provide extra personal information than necessary. All information collected will not be used for any illegal activity. The information is what we are going to use in registration of your name with the Military family Transit Department. Your urgent Attention is needed regarding this matter as you have a limited time to process.
Thanks.

Regards,
General Joseph A Miller.
Center Commander of U.S. & Nato Forces
Multi-National Corps,
Mogadishu , Somalia,
Public Affairs Office,
APO AE 09342.
--
Sent from US Army Server, Mogadishu

there was also a notice stating prices for leave eg £750 for one month

am I right is this a scam??

Any help gratefully received
Advertisement

#301741 by malu53 Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:26 am
100% scam
please read the information posted here
viewtopic.php?p=21549#p21549

can you supply the email addresses of 'Sergeant Gilleran R Charles' and where you met him?
also an email address of 'General Joseph A Miller' would be helpful and could prevent others from getting scammed.