Information on romance scams and scammers.
#260933 by MacGyverduesouth Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:31 pm
More about me I am single never married with no kids and currently seeking for a relationship, but not rushing myself.I`m 5`7" with athletic build,mentally stable,physically fit,a bunch of laughs,warm,caring,honest, good listening,and a positive person. im a full time fashion model and im right now in Turkey on a Modeling Seminar and will be back home hopefully in 5 daystime.I've got a great sense of humor,I am more conservative politically than liberal.I work hard,and know how to have fun. I am real easy person to talk to and a good listener. Ilove to play golf and I enjoy chilling` with my friend/family ,Ilike going to the movies,or watching movies in my room,Ilike swimming , fishing,listening to music and dance to any kind of music,traveling,going bowling and also a good cook.I am a family oriented person.I am really interested in wanting to know about what makes you the special person you are today,what are your goals,f I want to know more about your family, your background,What do you do for fun, are you an outdoor person and where do you see yourself in the nearest future?I don't wanna be too inquisitive so i'll stop here talk to you latter
i really love all you have to say about yourself,I see you have a really bright prospect and i like your outlook on life it really means a lot to me. So tell me what are your what do you think of relationships?.i really want to know about your past relationship. have you ever met anyone off the internet?What was it like?well i have a diverse background my Dad from Canada while my mom from Australia,im the only child of my parent,I grew up mainly in canada cos i had to go there and live with my Aunt after my dad's death and mum got to marry to another man .I came down to oz cos i had a job offer, more so to stay with my ground ma before she passed away early this year and moreover i had to have a change of environment from my Aunt who's deeply in drugs and alcohol because I have such a strong understanding of what I feel my role in life is suppose to be. my goals and dreams is to have a successful career and to live a good life,and maybe meet someone that believes in unconditional love,sure that cant be complete without a honest husband,someone who know the true meaning of what we call a Family, its really something i have always dream of and im really Working hard towards that direction .hope to hear back from you soon.

thank you so much for getting back in touch with me as it actually made my day!! I know you will think what is a pretty lady like me doing on here .Yes the reason I came on to the internet to find the special person who deserves all the love and passion that makes up my heart and soul is because I do not have the time to meet others out in a public setting,and the fact I feel you can learn so much about someone through letters,as a person has to take there time and think about the words they want to express,so it allows you to gain a better understanding of someone than you would probably otherwise.I have spoken to a couple of people of the internet but i haven met anyone off the internet,i could have met this due of the internet sometimes back but I chickened out cos i thought it was dangerous and a lot of things happens over the internet ....Well,i see relationships as one of the most natural l things that can happen in life and i believe a good relationship is built on trust, honesty,togetherness and prayers.I have had my fair share of relationships and i have been hurt but it do sent put me off totally its only made me wiser.I have been into just 1 relationship all my life and he was my only sexual partner.We dated each other for 3 years and the relationship ended because of my partner's betrayal and infidelity(cheating)My ex boyfriend was a photographer.I met him in canada where i lived for several years before i relocated to australia .He told me i am a very pretty and will be a very good model after some months we started dating each other and he put me through a modeling training just for 1 week and that was how my modeling career started.We dated other for 2 years after some time he started enrolling other girls like me into same modeling training and he started fucking anything under skirt.I have been going through this pains for years but later i had to move on cause the relationship was all about business and i realized he never loved me but was just using me for money. I was badly hurt when this happened so i decided to move on with my and walk away from him .He never wanted me to do anything other than what he tells me to do,i cant make friends all i do is to stay at home and when he gets a contract then we go for it. i am more matured and i know what i want in a man now.
when ver i get a photo shooting and advert i go for it
im really worried right now things have been crazy down here with me.
when i get back i would like us to hang out and know more about each other.But i am worried right now because the seminar had already been concluded but something happened that is causing delays on my flight back
What happened is that when i tried booking my flight,the airline agent told me that i don't have enough funds on my credit card,so I had to contact my card company since i knew the funds i left there and when the reports came i was told that i purchased some phones which i never did.i called my bank that issued the card and all they told me was that someone must have hacked my card and an identity theft was placed on my card and the investigation would be on when i get back ,it shouldn't take more than 2days to refund my money but i have to be home.Now the airline agent is insisting i gets the remaining funds before my flight can be scheduled as soon as i get through i will let you know.hope to hear back from you soon.

I have really been trying to patch up things, but it's getting out of hands now,because i have tried to contact my mum she is really sick right now she is in hospital bed and also called my bank all they are telling me was that i have to be home before any solution could be done, now i have already used the remaining cash i have to settle the hotel bills and pay a deposit with the airline agent,i have less than $40 with me here and i have to pay a balance of 950$ to the airline agent so they can book me on a next flight out.i don't really like getting too forward though but things have been hard for me out here so I just have to ask you for a little favor, maybe i should ask if there's anything you can do for me,i mean if i can get some help in anyway from you till when i get back home even if it is a short loan,i will refund it,just to get my account reactivated.hope to hear back from you soon.

my mum is Australian,I know it's bad to ask u for help after just meeting u few days back but i was just going to tell u what i'm facing down here and feel i should confide in u.I know you would have your problems and maybe financial capability too and i also understand your cautiousness but i promise on my late father's grave that i will never disappoint you if you could make this work and i will refund whatever short loan you give me immediately i get my card mishaps solved and that shouldn't be more than 2 days after my arrival.I'm completely new to this and if i'm going the wrong way i apologize as you can see shit happens and you know the bad 1 spoiled the good one,I don't want u to victimize me with some experience you must have had with some lady on the internet i'm so new to tall this.I properly checked my finances before embarking on this trip and didn't know this unfortunate incident would happen to me I could get all the business in the world back home i think i was just too lonely to stay alone that's why i made that silly decision and now i am in a mess.in fact i have not been eaten anything since the issue came up. my hotel bill has expire and i don't want the hotel to kick me out on the street cos i don't have cash with me anymore.i will so much appreciate if you could help me out on this.but i wouldn't force you it's your money and it's me that know the pains and hell I'm going through down here.Please follow your instinct and try and safe my life.

thanks for your concern over situation i really appreciate that and i promise never to let you down. all i need is just a short loan of 950$ because i have paid part of the money to the airline agent but i would be glad of you can add an extra 250$ to the money and make the money 1200$ so that i will have extra money to sustain myself till when i fly out and also to take cab to the airport.i have asked on how the money could be get sent to me right here it is only through western union money transfer or money gram because i dont have any access to my bank account here,u can go to the any post office near by or store u would see western union money transfer there or ask of money gram ,when u get there u will be giving a 10 or 8 digit number and your sender's name u fill on the form form i will need both to pick up the money here,pls get it send on time so that i will fly out with the next available flight more so i will send u my flight detail so that u will know when im touching ground.here are the info u need.......

receiver's name.......Katie Glover
city.......Istanbul......
country....Turkey.....
address:10 faith Istanbul, Turkey.
hope to hear back from u so
Advertisement

#260940 by HillBilly Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:21 pm
MacGyverduesouth, thanks for posting this scam script.
Take a look at this one, does it ring familiar bells?? http://www.stop-scammers.com/letter.asp?id=11658

letter #2 of this one? http://www.stop-scammers.com/letter.asp?id=12140

parts of this one? http://www.stop-scammers.com/letter.asp?id=11423

I think you get the idea..... absolutely none of what your scammer is telling you is real. Its all copied/ pasted from other scam letters in an attempt to be original.... no 2 people in the world write identically like that. Even if it is the same person, why would "SHE" ( more likely a HE) have so many different personalities, and why would the letters be so identical. Even the same person has different moods and will write accordingly to those moods.

brings a tear to my eye.... :laugh-s: :roll:

please post the email address(es) of the scammer, so that others may be warned.

any time anyone you only know through the internet is asking for money, especially by wire transfer, it is a scam.

#260962 by vonpaso xlura Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:43 pm
Please post the complete headers of the email and any other contact information you have of this scammer. The writer is not Canadian or Australian but quite obviously West African. He is a scammer. Drop all contact and do not tell the scammer that the email is posted here.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#274487 by apfeff Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:40 pm
i was just barely able to avoid losing over $300 to this scam(scammer had a different FB profile name), but as it was said no two people would talk the exact same way, but i was able to cancel the money transfer in time, thank god. the first warning i got was when i couldn't find them in my phonebook and i live in a small town. and than it said there FB profile needed verification and they changed their name but same profile pic. where they messed up was when they put a different hometown(than their first profile). i have already blocked and reported them on FB. thank you for posting this.
Last edited by apfeff on Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
#274488 by Bryon Williams Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:43 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Can you please post the fake names he used a link to the facebook profile and any email addresses used.

Also a couple of his initial messages to you. Please remove any of your personal information prior to submitting.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#299021 by [email protected] Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:15 pm
Gisela J. Hood on Facebook hit me up outta nowhere don't know her from adam, say it ain't so she is way too cute. We start talking exchanging stories than the thing about money came about the ticket for 950, I was concerned but a lil suspicious cuz come on, then I discovered this forum, and no doubt word for word just a few alterations and boom she's at a seminar in ukraine instead. Word for frikkin word. Good thing I caught it before giving up a couple hundred dollars. Yup pretty girl though, whoever it is it's not her, prolly some guy, people these days, get a job
#299111 by DGJMike Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:52 pm
Sadly,

Been hit by life, fell below rock bottom, found this similar experience, and based on many life experiences thought hey this cant hurt. Anyone received an pictures from this type of conversation from the "Girl"??

I received one during our conversations and this is what made me more comfortable with continuing contact

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3VaqS ... p=drivesdk

Are these familiar to anyone??

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3VaqS ... p=drivesdk

Sounds stupid but wish she was real....haha. Been a long time going...

Feel free to chime in, it'd be appreciated.

-Mike
#301866 by TGBingo Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:46 am
Dont want to revived a dead thread but i haven been hit by this person as well never got to the money asking part but the way she talked sounded off you generally dont give out really personally info to people you just meet online. so i googled part of her message and ended up here.

i will list the Facebook name and modified script it used.
Name: Eliza Pottie
First message: Hi,i don't think we have met before i saw your profile while trying to search for an old school friend who coincidentally share the same first name with you!!can you tell me a little more about you then it'll be my turn, take care.
second: How are you doing?,as for me am cool and lonely and i'm new to (Insert town here){removed this since it is my town}. Well more about me I am single never married with no kids and currently seeking for a relationship but not rushing myself.I`m a model by work i'm 5`8, with a athletic build, physically fit,warm,caring, honest, good listening, and a positive. Am right now in Ukraine Europe on a Modeling Seminar and will be back home hopefully in 3 days time. I've got a great sense of humor,I am more conservative politically than liberal.I work hard,and know how to have fun. I am real easy person to talk to and a good listener. I love going to the movies,I like swimming,fishing, listening to music and dancing,going bowling and also a good cook. I will like to know about what makes you the special person you are today,what are goals,what do you do for fun and tell me about your background? I dont wanna be too inquisitive so i'll stop here talk to you latter and hope to hear back from you soon.
third: I like what you have to say about yourself. So tell me what do you think of relationships? i really want to more know about your past relationship. have you ever met anyone off the internet? What was it like? well i have a diverse background too, my Dad from Australia while my mom from Canada,I'm the only child of my parent,I grew up mainly in Australia my Dad passed on, Mother had to remarry. too bad she married the wrong guy! My step-father is a drunkard and i suspect he uses drugs also. Twice he attempted to rape me, thanks heaven he did not succeed! when i told mother about it, she didn't believe me and both of them started intimidating me in the house. so I came down to Canada cos i had a job offer, more so to stay with my ground ma before she passed away late last year so ever since then i live alone.Am not much party like my career takes the better part of my time and life. my goals and dreams is to have a successful career and to live a good life,and maybe meet someone that believes in unconditional love,sure that cant be complete without a honest husband, someone who know the true meaning of what we call a Family, its really something i have always dreamt of and I'm really working hard towards that direction. hope to hear back from you soon.
foruth and final before searching it up: I know you will think what is a pretty lady like me doing on here .Yes the reason I came on to the internet to find the special person who deserves all the love and passion that makes up my heart and soul is because I do not have the time to meet others out in a public setting,Well i see relationships as one of the most natural things that can happen in life and i believe a good relationship is built on trust,honesty,togetherness, i have been hurt but it doesn't put me off totally its only made me wiser.I have been into just 1 relationship all my life. We dated each other for 3 years and the relationship ended because of my partner's betrayal and cheating. My ex boyfriend was a photographer.I met him in Australia where i lived for several years before i relocated to Canada.He told me i am a very pretty and will be a very good model after some months we started dating each other and he put me through a modeling training just for 1 week and that was how my modeling career started. he started enrolling other girls like me into same modeling training and he started fucking anything under skirt. I have been going through this pains for years but later i had to move on cause the relationship was all about business and i realized he never loved me but was just using me. I was badly hurt when this happened so i decided to move on with my life and walk away from him. i hope to hear back from you soon.
#305660 by MCPilot18 Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:26 pm
Hi,I know that it has been a while since this article was posted but I wanted everyone to know that this stuff is still going on.I fell prey to this same scam on Facebook as well.They did not receive any money however.The facebook profile is Pickens Rosella.There are 3 profiles in this name that are being used as scam profiles.I have reported all 3 and ask that anyone else seeing this reply do the same.Furthermore,it would appear that a company or group of some sort is responsible for this.Notice in the photos of the three profiles I mentioned,different models are used with the same tattoo.But where they messed up is that the tattoo is is on a different arm in each photo.Some left and some right.I think that the person in these photos needs to be notified of their use or charged with fraud if in compliance.Thanks for your time.
#305695 by Tim Atem Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:30 am
Thank you for posting. Do you have an email address for her?

The photos are stolen photos, not compliant people. Unfortunately, there's nothing they can do about their photos being stolen and are probably already aware that they have been stolen. We do not contact people who's photos have been stolen and do not recommend others do it either.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#308296 by veedgo Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:46 am
I have been contacted by a very similar scammer. The name used is Sarah Anthes and the email used was [email protected]. "She" claims to be a Christian and a lingerie model. It was a slight variation, but "her" emails contained many of the same telling remarks: attempted rape by step-father, in a seminar (spelled seminal) in Turkey, etc. A couple of things: we first contacted on POF. All of her pictures were similar between POF and ones "she" emailed to me. But for once not lewd (I've usually seen catfishers use lewd photos, so a twist for "authenticity" maybe?). One showed a picture of "her" with "her" supposed son and another of the same boy by himself.

"She" did answer a few emails directly, but most were blather and I felt like "she" wasn't really listening to many things I was trying to discuss with "her", especially that I was agnostic, but "she" was looking for a "God-fearing man". I can tell something is up when I feel like I am talking to a Teddy Ruxpin doll: someone who just says all these things they want to do and be with you, but you can't nail them down to an actual conversation.

"She" is supposed to be flying back from Turkey to wherever sometime tomorrow. I am now at the ticketing agent angle of her emails, so I am expecting anytime the request for money. Interestingly, watching Lost and Leverage has shown me a lot about being set up as a mark. LOL I had my suspicions.

I was first suspicious that I could hardly find any Internet presence for the above named person. Also, almost every model I know of has an online portfolio somewhere and "hers" was nowhere to be found. Even my niece who is from a very small town and only did one photo shoot, I could find online pictures of, let alone a full-blown supposed professional. I was also suspicious when "she" posted a profile on POF where "she" said "she" was about 40 yet later on confided "her" birthday and that made "her" only 30. And all of the talk about intolerance for dishonesty in subsequent emails really clashed in light of that.

I didn't find this type of scam until I came here looking up "turkey" "seminar". So that's what I am going to call this scam although I see it could also be from the Ukraine.

BTW, I live near Portland, Oregon and that was the city used by this scammer on "her" POF profile. Also, "she" pulled "her" POF profile right away after contacting me which I though odd as well. I am also not sure how to share picture links. But to describe "her", "she" said "she" was Greek and Filipino and the pictures could have reflected someone of that descent: lithe body, slightly darker complected, long black hair with rather full eyebrows. "She" stated "she" was 5' 7" and 137 lbs.

Let me know if there is anything else to report.
#326398 by BrutisAK Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:46 pm
In contact with a Brittney Davies from Glenview, IL. I thought something was fishy immediately. "she" hasnt asked for money yet but is supposedly attending a fashion seminar in Turkey soon. Now that Ive read this, Im going to mess with "her" by saying I've practically got a job with the FBI and so on, We will see how far it goes... Here is the original letter. Notice all the spelling and grammar errors. This is from someone who supposedly went to college:

On Monday, April 17, 2017 6:51 AM, brittney davies <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the message and for sharing a lot about yourself with me...I think its nice corresponding with each other this way coz i believe this is the best way we can learn much about each other as I'm not ready for games ....Well i would like to take my time to write you and i hope it will provide you good understanding of who i am, you know having this std makes it more complicated and harder finding the right partners for a serious relationship that's why i want to give a trial if i could meet someone in the same condition for a serious relationship.... it would be nice meeting someone in the same condition to talk to and build a relationship with cos this life is too short.

I have to be specific with you, I'm here searching for a serious and long term relationship that will eventually lead to something great,age difference or distance does not really matter to me coz i believe love can be found anywhere and i also believe that age is just a number in any relationship,the real love is all i am searching for.

These are few things you should know about me,I'm Brittney a 29yrs old lady and the only child of my parents,i have a very small family and i dont really know much about my mom side,my dad side consists of my dad,his sister and grandparents,I was born and raised up in Israel,i am a mixed race thou,my mom is from Poland while my dad is Originally from the states ( Colorado ). I was raised by my dad and grandparents in Israel. My dad got divorced when I was 13 years old coz my Mom was a severe alcoholic and the kind of reckless life she lived. My grandparents raised me the old fashioned way with morals and values which is really helping me till today, I graduated at Safed city college in Israel as a Professional Fashion Designer 4 years back and that is what i do as a work presently since i have not meet a reliable clothing company who knows my worth,i design and sew for interested people for now.

I lost my mum when i was 21, my Dad passed away 2 years back,since then i have started to live my life by myself then i decided to come down to Glenview where i am presently to move on with my life and carrier,I'm single never been married and have no kids i'm 5.8 tall with an average body as i stated on my profile,I'm mentally stable, physically fit, a bunch of laughs, warm, caring, honest, good listening,and a positive person.My goals and dreams are to live a good life and meet someone for a serious relationship that will eventually lead to something great. I’ve got a great sense of humor also.

I work hard and know how to have fun.I'm easy person to talk to and a good listener,I'm a family oriented person.My hobbies are reading,cooking,traveling,sewing and swimming but it would be better for you to find some things out by yourself.
For fun!i also i like sewing,swimming,playing golf and long tennis.
I'm interested in knowing you better, such as your interest,background,work and anything you wanna share with me,i think i have to stop here till i read from you again....Attached are some of my pictures for a better recognition of whom you are conversing with..Have a wonderful day.

Brittney...
#326399 by Bryon Williams Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:51 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Stop contact with the scammer.

Do not play with the criminal. He has all your real information. He is using fake information.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/