Information on romance scams and scammers.
#307674 by kb71774 Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:07 pm
I have now gotten this request from two people I am talking to. Too much of a coincidence to be real. They are wanting to wire their allowances (supposedly military) to my bank account because the only way they receive their money is directly deposited. I have said I won't give out my bank information so they want me to go open a bank account for them in my name! I am talking to a guy right this moment named Ray Best who says he should be the one afraid that I will take all his money. Total scam, right?
Advertisement

#307677 by AlanJones Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:16 am
The US military takes care of its soldiers - they do not need to go on the Internet looking for people to receive their pay for them.

The scammer wants you to receive money from his other victims and send it to him - when those victims realise they've been scammed, the only real details they will have will be yours, so it is you that the authorities will be investigating for fraud.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.