Information on romance scams and scammers.
#310202 by RolltheDiceAgain Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:25 pm
Hi guys,

I'll start this off by saying I did something stupid, but I'd like some feedback please. So on a night when I had particularly bad judgement, I was finding girls who were selling nudes on Kik and paid for some nudes (I asked her how old she was first and she said 18). She sent me the nudes and then I deactivated my Kik account because I didn't want to keep wasting money on this. About two weeks later now (today), I get an e-mail from someone claiming that I broke the "Indecency with Children Act of 1960" (which was a UK law, by the way. I'm not in the UK. Also, fun fact, that law was repealed in 2004). He posted my name and phone number in the email along with several addresses that I've been associated with and said that if I don't pay him $400 (in bitcoin), he and his "colleagues" would press charges and go for a prison sentence. What's also scaring me is they said my Kik conversation is recorded for evidence.

Is this a scam? Please help. I'm super worried.
Advertisement

#310279 by maticore78 Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:38 pm
Caddy guy wrote:Thank you guys so much for the info!
I have never head of this until I came upon this sight.
I will make the report and hope these bastards get caught eventually.

This literally just happened to me just a couple of hours ago with the same "girl" and "parents". I was freaking out! Glad it's a scam. Friggin crazy!
#310285 by Mddw Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:07 pm
This happened to me today. I'm in Pennsylvania. The girls name was Sarah. Her pof profile was removed. The fathers number was 4842228308.

I googled the number and the number from the girl (which I erased). Both came up as VoIP via Pinger. I had no idea what that meant till I came here. Thanks guys.

I reported to the authorities and they had me right a statement. Hopefully they get stopped. Super stressful day.
#310286 by Bryon Williams Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:12 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Thank you for the post.

(484) 222-8308
4842228308 is a VoIP number provided by Pinger with an area code in PA

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#310361 by Terminator5 Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:09 pm
You can report that to your state or local police and on the IC3 website .

Daniel 8 :25
#310382 by Godzilla90 Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:40 pm
hatebreeddiehard1027 wrote:I looked up the name of the "Agent" listed and the only person of that name I found affiliated with the FBI was a Data Analyst and hasn't worked for the FBI since 2003. He's currently what looks to be a business owner and lives in Virginia.
guys looking at this I just got scammed by the same exact guy "agent Douglas Lacey" unit 768 the same exact contract the civil settlement and thanks to going on this site before I sent more money thankfully I got saved. I sent money thru those green dot cards not moneygram I wasn't comfortable with it. He didn't get my account number. Message me if u want to know the rest of my story

Mod Note: If you want the rest of the story just ask OP here. Do not send Pm's to a random poster.
#310385 by Godzilla90 Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:54 pm
3245 wrote:I have read this entire thread and I'm still worried that my situation is real.

I met someone on POF we exchanged numbers and out of the blue she sends me a picture. next thing I know I get a call from an Agent (803-225-2499) claiming to be a part of IC3 and he sends a picture of his badge which looked real. he says this girl is underage and broke a laptop and the dad wants to talk to me. I talk to the dad and we agree to settle it out of court and just pay 500 to replace it. I send the money through moneygram and the Agent emails me this email [email protected]

"Civil Settlement Contract #01
Date: 09/03/16

Mr Common and family are seeking compensation for damaged personal property. Mr Common swears under penalty of perjury that if Mr MY NAME HERE, confirms the settlement and is in acceptance and agreement, then the conditions of the settlement can be handled through a third party mitigator and the cost of damages have been met and that will seal all past involvement and allegations from which the agreement is binding, the financial certificate and contract are recognized and properly filed.

Total amount for damages: 1000.00 confirmed and reduced to half which is 500.00 dollars. Pending.

Administrative fee 50.00 dollars. Pending.

Damaged Electronic Property estimated value 1000.00 dollars, only liable for half of the total which is 500.00 dollars. Pending.

I swear that these proceedings were true and both parties are in agreement with the terms and agreement.

#Mr ***************Type your name.

Mr Common and family. 09/03/16

Witness/Mitigater Agent Douglas Lacey unit # 768.

Document AO240 / financial certificate submitted on 09/**/16.

151 westpark blvd, Columbia, S.C 29210

0011000211"

A week or so goes by and then I get a call saying the daughter tried to kill herself and social services is getting involved and he said in order to prevent this from becoming a big deal he is going to charge me with a misdemeanor "illegal use of a cellular device" with a fee of $500 and an expungement fee of like $24. I still have no idea if this is real or not. I was convinced this was real until I found this thread. I still think it's real because of how convincing the emails and everything is.

"From: Administrative Justice

Sent: 09/18/2016
Subject: Administrative Report

File Number 2016-01088

AGENCY I.D
U.S0390111
Your file ending in 088 has recorded a 142.46 dollar payment and closed your file with the expungement process . Agent Lacey is handling this case and additional information is noted on file.
Case Closed.

District Attorney Richard G. Whiting.
Judge Terry L. Wooten.
Agent Lacey unit 768
Case Number 2016-01088
Docket Number 2016 00**

151 westpark Blvd, Columbia S.C 29210
Forensic Science Communication

0011000211"

How can I figure out if this is real or not??

Dude same contract I got. My story is about the same but on vampirefreaks it happend. His number is different now too ending in "5515"
#310387 by Godzilla90 Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:16 pm
The daughters name was "amanda Stacey" and the fathers name was "mr. White" Sadly the numbers I deleted and blocked weren't worth my phone space but mr whites number ended with 0806. But I'm so thankful I went on this site. Same issue with a broken laptop and to pay money thru this "agent Douglas Lacey"