Information on romance scams and scammers.
#310440 by soraya marlie Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:21 am
Someone by the name of Carlson Sharma, added me on facebook, claims to be living in America but on a peacekeeping mission in Libya, he has asked me if i was married etc, i told him i was.. i assume he is looking for a patner,he has a facebook page but not much information on there, i also noticed his friends on there are mostly older woman, and i feel this guy is a scam, the picture of the boy in there he says its his son,
please can you tell me if he is a fake.. i mean i stay in south africa why would he contact me for chatting etc.
Advertisement

#310441 by Tim Atem Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:29 am
It's a scam. We don't have military in Libya and even if we did, they wouldn't be taking spending their time on Facebook looking for love.

Can you post the link to his Facebook page?

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#310443 by soraya marlie Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:58 am
thank you
DO you want me to paste the link of your website to his page, or should i just ignore and block him
#310448 by malu53 Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:35 am
the link unclickable or just the user name on FB would be helpful,

I wonder whether this is the guy you are talking about
check this thread, please
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=129374
on FB he goes by the name of Carlson Sharma too
#310746 by soraya marlie Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:12 am
yes it is him...
but eventually on Saturday he gave up.. me knowing that he is a fake tried to get me into sending him a picture I refused, after back and forth his tone of words change he became aggressive and demanding.. he then ended up sending me a creepy emoticon .. reading see you in the after life.. I freaked out that when I thought enough now and blocked him