Information on romance scams and scammers.
#313634 by Renosolja Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:43 pm
Hey guys. About this Mr Michael Bradley. He tried to call this morning, his phone number is blocked, so he tried calling me from 2 different numbers and has left a text on another. Here are the numbers

Nevada # 775-384-8762
Arizona # 480-712-5327

I have found that both numbers are landlines but also they are voip numbers
Really seems like spoofing.

Has anyone with this pof scam had calls from multiple numbers like this?
Advertisement

#313635 by Terminator5 Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:39 pm
We have no way of knowing if the numbers are spoofed or not . Report this new contact to your police and ic3

Daniel 8 :25
#313706 by Darth Noctis Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:51 pm
So I was on PoF and this guy views my profile but doesn't send a message, so I go to message him. He responds and we have a short conversation before he tells me he doesn't log on PoF very often so asked if we could text, so I said sure. Gave him my number and he texts me, his profile said he was eighteen but he said he was in school, so I assumed he was in college, but we text a little and then he says "I've got a big c**k." and I was like "That's cool, I guess." So later that day while I was asleep he sent me a picture of his d**k, then asked for one so stupidly I sent one... then he asks for more but I said no, then he asked if he offended me and I said no I don't care what you send as long as you're of age... so he proceeded to send me two videos of himself j*r*ing off. Then the next morning I get a call from his dad, who called himself James, trying to get in touch with someone who wasn't even me saying that his son, Jamie, was 15 years old and his wife was pissed and wanted to go to the cops. He said he didn't want to embarrass the kid so he was trying to resolve it without police involvement, so he said he wanted me to pay half of the cost of the phone and laptop that belonged to Jamie's mother, since he'd allegedly broke it trying to get his own phone back from her. I told him I had to go to the bank but I'd be in contact. Proceeded to tell my mom what'd happened, so she calls the number back and tells him that she wants the police office name and the name of the "detective" because she's going to have my Uncle (who is a police officer in SAN Diego) contact them... he began getting angry and yelling at my mom then when she asked again the name of the police department he hung up. Later I got a call from a "detective" who called himself Jessie Lance with the Lexington County Sherrif's department in South Carolina. I didn't answer but immediately blocked the number because I figured it was more of the scam. "Officer Lance" contacted my mother and told her he needed to speak with me, but it was the same voice as the father. We told my uncle and he called the number that the officer called from but he didn't answer and when he left a voicemail explaining who he was, my mom got another call (from a blocked number) that was really creepy and threatening. She forwarded it to my uncle and he said it sounds super suspicious.

James: +1 (843) 310-2725
Jessie: +1 (803) 701-0498

Jamie's number I don't have anymore because I stupidly deleted it and all the text messages sent between us. I also do not remember his PoF profile name, but I do remember is was Jamie with a bunch of numbers following behind.
#313711 by Bryon Williams Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:59 pm
(843) 310-2725
8433102725 is a VoIP number provided by Pinger with an area code in SC

(803) 701-0498
8037010498 is a VoIP number provided by Pinger with an area code in SC

Block the numbers. Screen unknown numbers, let them roll into voice mail. Do not respond to any text. You may have to change your number.

Please read page 1 the first post.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#313712 by Terminator5 Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:05 pm
Well the terms of service on POF clearly state you must be over the age of 18 to join the site . That fact alone should tell you its a scam . With a few minor variations , this the exact same scam as posted on the previous 31 pages .

Proceeded to tell my mom what'd happened, so she calls the number back and tells him that she wants the police office name and the name of the "detective" because she's going to have my Uncle (who is a police officer in SAN Diego) contact them... he began getting angry and yelling at my mom then when she asked again the name of the police department he hung up.

Of course he got mad and hung up . Because its a scam . These scammers build FAKE PROFILES on dating sites to attract victims . We've actually found multiple profiles using the same stolen photos in previous cases . All these FAKE PROFILES they create are all over the age of 18 . Later on they change the age to 14-17 and frequently the fake profiles they created get deleted and than the Blackmail / Extortion attempts begin .

DONT PAY THESE TURDS ANYTHING . REPORT THIS TO THE IC3 WEBSITE AND YOUR LOCAL POLICE DEPARTMENT .

I have a question . Did you finally determine it was a scam from finding our BLOG ?

I also have a request if you could sanitize your post a little . Using terms such as C@#K and J@r%!ng off . We like to keep it as clean as possible while still getting the story out .

THX

#313720 by Terminator5 Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:13 pm
Warnings as four men kill themselves after online sex blackmail scam

Criminals in the Philippines, Morocco and Ivory Coast are using British women to dupe victims before blackmailing them for cash.

Wednesday 30 November 2016
http://news.sky.com/story/warnings-as-f ... m-10677414

FBI Discusses Sextortion

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/fbi-di ... itter-chat

https://www.fbi.gov/sextortion

1-800-CALL-FBI.

FBI’s Twitter page or by using the hashtag #AskFBI

Sextortion Scams

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/17/sunda ... .html?_r=0

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. We can all help prevent suicide. The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals. 1-800-273-8255

#313722 by Darth Noctis Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:45 pm
Terminator5 wrote:Of course he got mad and hung up . Because its a scam . These scammers build FAKE PROFILES on dating sites to attract victims . We've actually found multiple profiles using the same stolen photos in previous cases . All these FAKE PROFILES they create are all over the age of 18 . Later on they change the age to 14-17 and frequently the fake profiles they created get deleted and than the Blackmail / Extortion attempts begin .

DONT PAY THESE TURDS ANYTHING . REPORT THIS TO THE IC3 WEBSITE AND YOUR LOCAL POLICE DEPARTMENT .

I have a question . Did you finally determine it was a scam from finding our BLOG ?

I also have a request if you could sanitize your post a little . Using terms such as C@#K and J@r%!ng off . We like to keep it as clean as possible while still getting the story out .

THX

Well my uncle had suspected that it was a scam so I decided to dig and do a little research, which is when I found this website and it was here that I became content in the knowledge that it was scam.

Also I do apologize for that.
#313724 by Terminator5 Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:17 pm
Thank you for sharing your experiences and posting on Scamwarners . Your post will help warn other potential victims of this BLACKMAIL / EXTORTION / SEXTORTION SCAM .

#313790 by Ncjosh18 Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:36 pm
Hey I have encountered this also I'm dealing with the father atm but luckily I didn't send anything and also a good thing that I don't in general. If anyone can please hmu to talk about this matter.
#313811 by Bryon Williams Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:45 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Please post the names, profiles and phone numbers used.

It is a scam.

Follow the directions on page one first post.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#313814 by Guyfromtexas1997 Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:57 pm
Yes I posted about the scam he still texting me but his number is +1 843-226-3902 I forgot his name but he suppoly the Kid James dad I mean now he's saying alot of stuff should I just ignore him cause it's not true and if so can he get anyone else number I have
#313816 by Bryon Williams Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:56 am
Block the numbers. Screen unknown numbers, let them roll into voice mail. Do not respond to any text. You may have to change your number.

Please read page 1 the first post.

#313830 by Terminator5 Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:24 am
843-226-3902 is a Verizon wireless number and has another post for what looks like a Sextortion Scam on a Telephone Number Reporting site .
Dated August 17 , 2016 . You should change your phone number and be sure to report this crime.