Information on romance scams and scammers.
#340211 by KingR913 Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:52 am
I want to find out if the person I am emailing is real. He even has a website, but it doesn't seem to do anything other than tell about himself and have his picture plus pictures of his "antiques" for sale. How do I find out more?
Thanks in advance.
Advertisement

#340212 by AlanJones Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:29 am
Post all of the details that you have of him here, including the URL of his website and we will be able to tell you if he is fake or not.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#340213 by KingR913 Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:48 am
His name is Michael Elliot Bauman. He says from Newnan, GA and his mom lives here, but he lives in Los Angeles. Email address is [email protected]. His website is http://m.antiquesandfabrics.com.
At first his language skills were great and he sounded so legitimate. But his emails are longer and seem to be some rather "customized" language. And he doesn't always answer my questions.
He say his son is getting degree in medicine and surgery. His dad from Netherlands - lost his dad in 2003 and lost his wife 8 years ago of cancer. Now wants my phone number and I'm really hesitant to give any other information.
Thanks for your help.
#340217 by AlanJones Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:18 pm
He's a scammer.

He claims to be in the USA (website has what looks like US phone numbers on it, but no address)
TEL: 01 678 734 1527
TEL: 01 678 335 4201
Email: [email protected]

but was only created a couple of months ago by someone in South Africa
Creation Date: 2017-07-08
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-07-08

Registrant Name: Cox Mbadu
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 4 Church Street
Registrant City: Johannesburg
Registrant State/Province: Gauteng
Registrant Postal Code: 2140
Registrant Country: ZA
Registrant Phone: +27.0747974518
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

The best thing to do is block him and don't respond any further. Don't make excuses or confront him, just disappear.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#340905 by malu53 Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:56 pm
email address leads to a profile on g+
Michael Bauman
Employment: Antiques and Fabrics

pics show two diffferent men

Image <<< John "Hollywood" Pierce, Actor / Model