Information on romance scams and scammers.
#352847 by connanjudy Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:16 am
It all began on facebook when a young man named carlos lopez messaged me. He was very sweet and wouldn't talk much about himself except for that him and his wife divorced, he has 1 kid named Jay. He said he was from Missouri. He had a way with words that would swoop an older woman like myself off their feet. He had this plan that he was going to move here to Nevada and marry me but first he had to go on a trip to China to pick up his diamond as he was a diamond miner. He was a charming man always talked to me even though his night in china was my day. It was all to good to be true but he made me believe that I deserved it. He told me that all he had to do was pay the tax on the diamond then he would be on his way home. He stated that he even had a document with me as a beneficiary for the diamond if something were to happen to him. His son Jay always talked to me. Made me feel like he wanted me as his mom. I would get so many pictures from carlos of him or holding his beautiful granddaughter. Right after he got to China he deleted his facebook. I would about once or twice a week be asked to send him a 15-20 dollar Itunes card. When it was time for him to come back to the US I got so many excuses from Carlos and his "lawyer" mr woo as to why he needed money but I fell for it. He needed money because his visa expired, he got picked up because of that and needed money to be bailed out of jail, he got a sick disease and couldn't travel, he had to pay other things before china would let him go after I sent over $10,000 to him I finally told him that I was no longer gonna send money he would convince me he was real and I would fall for it. Once I realized that someone was using love to scam me I was so hurt and told him off. After that he changed his number and stopped all communication. I was very foolish. I am 68 years old and I am ashamed I fell for something so cheesy and obvious. I wanted to pass this on so that others can be aware.
Advertisement

#352872 by Tim Atem Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:49 am
I'm sorry this happened to you. Could you post any email addresses and/or phone numbers he used? If you could post a couple of his emails with your personal information removed, it will help warn others.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5