Information on romance scams and scammers.
Advertisement

#371834 by will_walley Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:12 pm
So a few months back I created an OkCupid account out of pure boredom.

I got back on about a week ago and found a chick name “Brittanie” from a nearby town and added her, also sending her a message. Her profile was pretty decently filled out. It wasn’t until last night that I finally hear back from her. We exchanged numbers and texted for about 5 minutes before she got sexual. It was late at night, I couldn’t sleep, so we sent pics back and forth. It got to about 12:05am when I finally went to sleep after she stopped responding.

I text her good morning today around 8am and then 2 hours later around 10:30am get a call from a Greenwood, MS number. Didn’t answer because I don’t know anyone from a Greenwood. 662-475-8519. A Mr. David Wood. Sounded like your typical country guy or typical southern African American. He stated that it was very important that I call him back before he has to go to police.

So I call him and he explains that his daughter is actually 15, not 18 like her profile on OkCupid stated, and that Brittanie’s sister had walked in on her doing some dirty stuff and told him. He then took her phone and placed the SIM card into his and saw what we had been doing I then listen to him scold me for a bit while he asks for my side of the story while he tries to wrap his head around what exactly happened. He admits that, as a guy, he understands my position and doesn’t want to go to police but his wife he has no clue about. She’s going through a lot and he’s gonna talk to her about it. He tells me that he wants us both, myself and his daughter Brittanie to be held responsible.

His solution is for me to foot the bill for a plane ticket for his wife, who’s going through chemo, to go to California. About $800 and wants me to go to Walgreens to transfer money to his wife’s Walgreens card.

He states that if I agree to pay it, both sides will he handled and we’ll go our separate ways and no more contact and he won’t contact law enforcement.

I talk it over with my mother and we get close to just transferring the funds but we decide to go our local PD. We get help from them and also contact the AG’s office. Both seem to be in line that it is clearly a scam. Our lawyer also agreed with that, though far more emphatically.

During this time period(at the police Department to calling the AG’s office) his wife “Rosa” texts me from a Laurel, MS number, 601-340-5990, asking me, quite nicely I might add, if I’m free and if everything is going okay she just wants to be filled in on what’s going on. After that I followed our PD’s advice and texted the “father”, David Wood that we had just left the local PD and they advised us not to transfer any money. To which he replied “Understood. I was just informed by my lawyer to just file the charges” at 1:20pm He has not replied since nor have I received any calls yet.

I google searched each number
662-475-8519 David Wood the “father”
601-340-5990 Rosa the mother/wife in Chemo
601-453-6576 Brittanie the daughter

Wood’s number was a VOIP number in Greenwood(though another site had it as a Wireless CellCo Verizon number)

Rosa’s number was a landline number in Laurel

Brittanie’s number was also a landline number in Meridian, though her profile stated she lives and works in Flowood.

This is a scam, right?
I have to give them props for how elaborate it is.
#371835 by Bryon Williams Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:23 pm
It is a scam as your police, AG and lawyer stated.

Read the first post of this thread and apply.

Report this to IC3 https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#372595 by Terminator5 Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:26 am
It's a scam . Don't pay these cockroaches any money . Deactivate your online accounts and file a report on the IC3 Website .

Daniel 8 :25
#373436 by Canadaguy57 Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:47 am
Hello, there was the scam I ran into on kik. After we talked for a bit, “she” wanted a full body pic plus face and I’m a lapse of judgement I did. Then they took that photo and were threatening to post it on Ellen’s Facebook page unless I paid. I never gave them one of my main email accounts, I didn’t pay, and they don’t have my Facebook account, I haven’t seen anything posted yet, and I sent my privacy to friends only immediately. How worried should I be??
#373555 by miked1179 Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:41 am
i was chatting with a guy his profile shows that hes 18 any way been chatting with him he asked me for
my phone number didn't hear any thing tell later at night asking questions then he asked for a nude pic
i told him i don't think your parents would approve he like gos nuts like hes his own man that hes not a child an
so on i sad sorry and he said to make it up to me can you please send a nude pic with face well i wasn't going to
send with face so i sent with just my junk pic after that he sent me 2 picks without face after a bit i said i'm tiyerd
need sleep the next day i was vacuuming the living room went back to my room i noticed 2 missed calls from
816 234 5000 not knowing what it was i did a revers phone number search and its a real police station sow
i called to see what was for the lady i spoke to said there's nothing in are datebas showing they called so i
just didn't thank anything was wrong just a wrong number layter in the afternoon i get a call from that same number
from i believe is a policeman he tells me he got a complaint from a mother that i was sending nude pics he then proceeds to tell me that the father wont's me to call him i wish i could have written the badge number and name but i was freaking out like crazy so i then called the father what he tells me i was chatting with his son that's 16 wich i had know clew that he was 16 he tells me the mother wants to pres charges but instead of that he wants me to pay for her laptop tha her son was using to make a nude video to send to me and was coat with nude pics on the phone now i was unaware that he was making a video i was never told of by the son any long story short the mother destroyed the laptop which i don't understand why any ways hes willing to destroy all evidence if i pay for the damage for the laptop and iphone for $2,500 ok i'm starting to think this is some kind of scam i don't really know for sure but he tells me that i send him a picture of my drivers licence which i wont do and he will send the police mean email not to go any further until he hers from the father now the father said he will call me on the 2 of october give me info on where to send payments he then has the policemen call me that its a deal and tell the chef or what ever to not proceed any further now i called the police and asked to speak with an police i asked him if this is forreal or not but he did tell me that thy are not going to give out the fathers number and he thinks this might be a scam cuz wen i first talked with the father i cued hardly hear any thing he was saying so i got him to speak louder and to my surprise he almost sounded like the police mean that called me the first time an the odd part is hes not the same race as the son is wight and the father is black any ways the fathers phone is 1 8032075718 now i believe there spoofing the police phone number 816 234 5000 hiding the real phone number to make it appear real now ether way i'm still freaking out over the hole ordeal which i'm never going on any dating cite ever do to this
#373560 by miked1179 Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:45 am
Someone0319 wrote:How can they call from a police department number?

there spoofing hiding the real phone number using a program to mask the number
#373573 by Terminator5 Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:05 am
Same scam . Don't pay these cockroaches anything . Report it .

Daniel 8 :25
#373798 by miked1179 Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:22 am
the profile shows 18 but wen asked know reply
what made it more suspicious is he new my name and my brother name plus others
but only first and last name my profile has know info of ho i really am nor any family from HORNET app
i did a revers phone on mien and only has m and d so i'm not sher as to where he got it from
the app isn't linked to facebook
#374350 by miked1179 Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:33 pm
miked1179 wrote:oh i will report it i'm waiting on october 2 is wen he text me his info to send money i;m going to yous that info
wen i report it
october 2 nothing no call or text i'm guessing he was busted knowing his scam wasn't
going to work with me its now 10-5-2018