Information on romance scams and scammers.
#389256 by renrut Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:38 pm
Messaged me on Match, exchanged phone numbers and he immediately fell in love with me. Claimed to be an Exploration geophysicist living in the Dallas area, but working in France on a project. After 2 weeks, of daily contact, he asked for $400 in iTunes gift cards to fix equipment one of his workers broke. His emails IPs were coming from California. His email was [email protected]; phone number he used 304-362-4018.

Here is one of the emails he sent:
Hey beautiful, how is your day going? I spent my break writing you this long email. Sit back, relax and read. lol!!
I hope we get to learn about each other and progress with this friendship/relationship. Let’s get to know each other bit by bit. I have lived almost half my life already and in the past years I have assessed my main priority and goals in life. I want to live my life full of joy and happiness but to obtain this I know I need the love of a special woman. A man or woman regardless of their achievements in life are really nothing without a life partner right? A partner to love, cherish and to call their soul mate. I want a woman who will hold hands with me even during arguments, small or large ones. I want a woman who can be silly with me and one that will be my partner in crime. One that can laugh at my goofy things and still smile when she is mad at me.

I am going to split the following in sections like a case study of Joseph. I must warn you, it is going to be a long email I took so long to get it written!

My name is Joseph Edwards as you already know. lol, I was born to a loving couple who loved each other as I want to love my partner even more. My father was an Hungarian who grew up in Budapest with his mother. My mother was born in Houston and is of Spanish heritage. My father traveled the world and was in Houston for a contract when he met my mother. She had been raised by friends because her parents had sent her to the US to get an education. She never went back home because she fell in love with the US. Soon after high school, she met my father. He was 5 years older than her. He would never give up on his dream of making her his wife lol! She always said she really had no choice but to say “yes” to this man who she said had a twinkle in his eye and an everlasting smile on his face. She tells me I have the same twinkle in my eyes is that true?
I was born within two years of their marriage and we traveled the world with my younger brother. We studied at home because of all the travel. When I turned 13, my parents thought it was best that I went to study at a boarding school. My dear, at the time it was the worst thing that could ever happened to me. I was torn from my loving family and thrown into a school where I was at times picked on due to my accent, being too lean and being homesick. I now see that those years made me a stronger person. I started to work out and gain muscle. I was still shy but I joined the Football (soccer) team and excelled as a defender.
In my final year in Holland, my parents had settled in Budapest and Houston. I decided to seek my first degree at University of Nottingham. My father passed away from lung cancer right after my first year in the university. I met my late wife in Nottingham. She was two years ahead of me at school and we met in her senior year of Applied Music studies. Sadly I lost my wife and daughter a little over five years ago. They were hit by another car as they went grocery shopping. Although the losses almost drove me insane but I am glad I eventually moved on.
When they were taken from me, I sold the house, car and everything else. I dedicated myself 24/7 to a new job. I will tell you about that now. I am an exploration geophysicist and I recently retired from working with chevron. I am into consulting for some notable oil companies in the US and Canada.
For the past 10 years, all I did was work. I took on long contracts to escape and try to get over my wife and daughter's death. I took risks that paid off handsomely but I was not happy. The past years had made me realized that I am ready to move on. It is hard to date when you are away months at a time, so I have tired online dating. I have been set-up by friends but none of the women were what I wanted. Now I am financially set and ready to find my soul-mate and my wife. I am not looking for a beauty queen just my queen. Someone who I can grow old with and still chase around the nursing home. LOL!

I’m an adventurous spirit and always ready to try new things. I love to play football and can still defend against younger men. I exercise daily. I started in high school and never really stopped. I run here and there, I love hiking and finding the perfect spot to watch the sunset or sunrise. I am looking for the woman who wants to explore my world and maybe see the rest of the world with me. I don’t have set type of woman in mind. I believe we have to be open to how ever love manifests itself. I am an honest man with a big caring heart. I am very loyal to my family and friends. I am not a cheater and treat everyone with respect. I have a very loving family and friends that I consider family. I am an open book. As you can see a very open LONG book (lol). I am open to begin a friendship with the hopes it leads to a marriage that will last until we pass. I am affectionate, romantic, and silly and rather love than fight. It takes a lot to annoy me. Life is to live not fight.
As for me happiness would be holding hands with someone special and watching the sunset and sunrise or walking in the forest. I love to be active but understand not everyone wants to go go go, so I know we will need time for our own activities. I love to dance but sadly I’m awful. I love to sing but again I’m not very good but it doesn’t stop me from singing or dancing.
A dear friend sat me down during a conference and got me to try online dating. He tried it with success. So I put myself out into the dating world hoping to find THE ONE. I want to find my soul mate a woman who can communicate her feelings, a woman who will not be afraid to fight for our love, a woman who is willing to stand by me through anything. I want a woman I can comfort and one who can comfort me. I have met some woman on dating site and made a friend or two but no true love connection.
I hold to the thought that anything that has minimal levels of risk is less rewarding of an endeavor be it in business, life or love. To make this work we will need to take a risk with our hearts and be open to letting love grow. I am not vain but I do like to look my best at all times. It can be a casual look but I want to be neat and look groomed. I am not demanding a perfect woman just MY WOMAN.
Let’s get to know each other. I am an open book, so ask any questions you may have. I hope you are open to me asking questions of you in order to get to know you better. I will like to believe that you will always give me honest, frank and heartfelt response not matter the reply. This will make for better understanding of each other’s personality and what we want from each other. I took my time and wrote all of this because I think you could be special to me. It was hard to put myself out there with this email but I think it will be worth it in the end. I am looking forward to learning more about you. Please be open to us.
Enjoy the rest of your day and I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

The request for the gift cards was via text.
Advertisement