Information on romance scams and scammers.
#388695 by Giu_R Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:29 pm
Hi everybody!
I received Sunday a message on WeChat from a certain sergeant named John Steven Proctor, that actually is Syria. He, after sweet words about eternal love, have tried to scam me. Indeed he said that I had to apply for an emergency leave if I wanted to see him. I did that, but today, when I received the email from Army ([email protected]) that asked me money (minimum 1000 usd), I've begun to make some research on internet, because I'm not American and I wanted to know better, and I found you.
I read stories that were like my story so I decided to end chatting with him.
I've also screeshooted all the conversations if necessary.
Here I put the Army email:
- from me: I am *** here by applying for the Emergency leave for John Proctor - UN/US ARMY 009/167850/UNAMIS.
I want his Emergency leave to be granted soon because I have to constant conversation with him as I am he's future wife. We are planning on getting married soon, so that is why I need the Emergency leave on behalf of my fiancé.
I will be grateful if you can grant my application.

Thanks for your consideration.

-from army: Attention: **my name**

We received your Application for the Emergency Leave request for Officer John Proctor - UN/US ARMY 009/16770/UNAMIS but we would want you to give us some time to check our records, and also contact his unit headquarter 3rd U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard) for their records, before proceeding, so we advise you to give us 24 hours to get back to you.

Regards,
Colonel Kenneth Jordan.

- from army: Attention: ***,

Carefully read the document attached and fill this form and send it back to us with any of the documents requested. Before we can commence with Emergency leave of your fiance you are required to provide a scanned copy of any of these identification:

-International passport:
or
-Drivers license:
or
-Birth Certificate or any Government approved identity: This is required for possible identification get back to us as soon as possible.

Colonel Kenneth Jordan.
(NB: he sent me a document, with U.S. Army symbol, to fill with my informations and his information that I put down here:
neme: John Steven Proctor
position: staff sergeant
birthday: 01/22/1982
currently location: Rmeilan airfield in Syria's Northern province of Hasakah)
marital status: widowed
email: [email protected])

- unfortunately I sent the documents and I've received today this attachment, in .doc format:
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA JOINT FORCE WITH NORTH ATLANTIC TREATY ORGANIZATION – NATO- SYRIA PEACE KEEPING
BASE ALEPPO
UNITED STATES MILITARY INTERNATIONAL LEAVE BOARD

Attention: ***,

RE: EMERGENCY LEAVE APPLICATION FOR SERGEANT JOHN PROCTOR.
This is to acknowledge the receipt of your leave Application made on behalf of your fiancée Sergeant John Proctor a US troop on peacekeeping mission here in Aleppo, Syria under my command and military jurisdiction. I understand through this application and the previous discussions with him on his affairs and marriage proposal to you and that he is to proceed for a marital arrangement with you and has so much talked on this matter and seeks now to conclude with you to be his legal wife.

I must inform you here that he is of an important mission holding a profound position in security and monitoring duties as one of our military intelligence here.

Accordingly, you should also note that this is not time for his official leave but not withstanding he will be granted an emergency leave basically on your explanations and comprehensive introduction of your true personality coupled with his zeal to seek for this leave opportunity in other to get to your country to get a finalizations for marriage with you.

I must also bring to your notice that the United States military authority does not ask our troops to pay for their official leaves or holidays/vacations assigned and approved by the military authority but in a situation where any member of the US army on his or her own discretions and agreement with his or her fiancée apply or request for an emergency leave it must involve payment of fees in line with the number of weeks or months leave duration will be chosen as available for only emergency reasons on request by troops on peace keeping mission only.

It is very important that you understand these points very well and the more reasons you must pay and support in other to give this office the support to give approval to your request to have him home only for marital reasons.

We have the following leave durations to be considered and approved for accepted Applicants seeking for coming home of their fiancée on peace keeping mission and as I have offered you the chance to choose from the below leave durations with non-negotiable payments attached to each leave duration.
The United States military officers seeking for emergency leave to fulfill marital proposal and promises are entitled for the following leave/ emergency vacation options as stated below and must use it as requested and no misconduct is to be tolerated:

EMERGENCY LEAVE CATEGORIES:

(A) 5 WEEKS LEAVE DURATION: $1,000.00USD

(B) 16 WEEKS LEAVE DURATION: $2,050.00USD

(C) SEVEN MONTHS (HONEY MOON LEAVE) LEAVE DURATION: $3,198.00USD

The above leave Durations are made available for you to choose and send payment according to choice made for your fiancée depending on your capability and expected time that you will want him to spend with you.

The reasons of payment for emergency leave Application is to assist the US military authority in replacement expenses and supporting of troops coming to take over duties from any one going on emergency leave and must be considered worthy and a way of ensuring that our troops are protected and allowed to judiciously make use of their times for reasons they are applied and paid for.

This must be well understood for any applicant/fiancée, and instructions made herein must be dully followed with the payment of the amount fixed on each emergency vacation choice made in accordance of the rules and all guidelines clearly stated on this memo to avoid mistake or termination of approval.

NOTE: For payment of any choice of leave duration, applicants are to choose to pay all fees at one time or in two or three installments’ beginning with nothing less than 30% of the total charge for the leave duration option or choice made by applicants.

On the receipt of the full payment in less than 7 days of this notification the name of your fiancée will be processed and listed on the list of emergency leave to allow him to proceed on the applied emergency leave at the time you expected his arrival in your country and to get married to you legally.

Your fiancée will only be listed on receipt of the payment of the leave duration chosen or on receipt of the part payment of 50% of the total amount or nothing less than 30% all depending on choice made among the leave durations as stated above in categories A to C.

For any choice you have made from the above leave durations, payment must be made in full within 7 days from today either in full or part of the fee to get his name fixed on the vacation list on time and to avoid mistakes or miscalculations in replacement expenses as explained above.
Thank You.
COLONEL KENNETH JORDAN.
UNITED STATES INTERNATIONAL LEAVE BOARD
TRIPOLI UNIT SYRIA PEACE KEEPING OFFICE.

- then, sniffing the scam, I replay with category A and I request the details for payment and the army replay:

We received your email chosen category A. And requesting for payment details. You will have to pay 60% first than 20% and the remaining 20% when he gets Italy. You will make the payment to our account officer through Moneygram with the payment details below,

Surname : Odu Magnus Obidike
State: Colorado
City: Denver
Address:17836 E Nassau PL Aurora Co 80013

Inform us as soon as you make the payment and send us a copy of the payment slip for confirmation of payment by our account officer.

Colonel Kenneth Jordan.

Obviously John told me that his bank account were blocked, so we argued and then I ended chatting with him. Fortunately I haven't sent and I'll never send money!!

This is the end of the long story... sorry if I've written much, but maybe it could be help someone else.

Thanks to you all to help me open my eyes!
Advertisement

#388760 by malu53 Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:53 am
was it this guy?

I received this email as attach.
I tried to get us army email but couldn’t find it.
This guy claims as Doctor Proctor John, who is presently station in Syria Damascus for a mission.
We meet in social media, he want me to help him for a buy a calling card. He gave me this email [email protected]. ...

name tag says Proctor
#388771 by malu53 Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:45 am
the pic was stolen from Steven Proctor
since July 2007 a FB member
uid steve.proc
Last edited by malu53 on Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
#388772 by Giu_R Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:59 am
I really didn't know it... does he know that someone has stolen his photos for scammering?
#388775 by malu53 Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:16 am
does he know ...
not sure ...
but don't contact him about this issue
he's a victim too
#388777 by Giu_R Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:27 am
It would be not fair don't let him know about this issue, but probably if I contact him, he wouldn't believe me... So I'll follow your advice.
#389017 by Giu_R Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:42 am
Update:
He has another account on WeChat, called Proctor, he has used a photo of the same guy.
#389770 by Giu_R Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:09 am
Sorry, but I need for an advice from you all:
I’ve received today this email from the fake US military email that the scammer gave to me: “Compliments of day. We are still yet to get a response in regards to your email.
Col. Jordan”.
I haven’t received any messages or email from the scammer...
what do I have to do?
#389780 by AlanJones Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:48 am
Just block them and don't respond.

Scammers will keep contacting victims as long as they think there is chance of convincing them it is all legitimate and they can steal from them.

If you block them and stop responding then they will eventually give up and look for someone who is likely to reply.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#389781 by Giu_R Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:09 am
Thank you very much! I already blocked him and put this email address in junk email last week... and I supposed that he has given up... I hope that it will happen soon!
Thanks again for your daily work :)
#390924 by Giu_R Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:08 am
Sorry but now i’m too scare... I’ve received this email this night from John proctor..

“You think you can mess up with a military personnel by blackmail him and blackmail our base. We have your records with us and we will track you down by all means. You went and uploaded things on internet about solider. You have signed your death warranty and your family members nothing is going save you and your family. Watch your back from now because you will never know where you will be hit from. Is not a threat is a promise we are going to start by uploading your naked pictures on the internet we see first before we get to you and your family members you. You and your family are dead people. Nobody will save you is a promise be assured of that”

What can I do?
#390925 by AlanJones Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:53 am
Just ignore them.

The scammer is a pathetic little creature who is only capable of sending empty threats. He's not a real man, he's too lazy or too stupid (or most likely both) to be able to get a real job.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#390926 by Giu_R Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:57 am
AlanJones wrote:Just ignore them.

The scammer is a pathetic little creature who is only capable of sending empty threats. He's not a real man, he's too lazy or too stupid (or most likely both) to be able to get a real job.

But can it help to delate my email account?
#390927 by AlanJones Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:15 am
That depends on whether the scammer has other ways of contacting you.

The best thing to do is just delete the emails and ignore them. The scammer is trying to scare you into removing your post and if you show that you are not scared, he will eventually give up.