Information on romance scams and scammers.
#391691 by Ivanice44 Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:28 am
Hello, I have met Mike on the POF dating website. His username is philman269, his email is [email protected]. He claims to be a CSM based in Afghanistan at the Bagram Air Base. He says he is from Washougal, Washington. His English is very good, minimum mistakes and became affectionate very quickly using babe and sweetie a lot, discussing future and live together.
He has send me the following email, from which I have found a part on Google under scammer letters:

Hello xxxx,

I’m so delighted and privilege to have the chance to complete these email about myself for the past few days due to work.. ........Just got back from meeting with my team mate so I thought it would be nice to send you a message about myself and would be very honored to receive yours in return.

I would love to tell you more about myself.....I’m a catholic, I go to fellowship mostly every Sundays, I don't judge people of their belief , past nor criticize...I am one woman's man, i don't play heart game because i know how hurtful it is to be cheated by the person you trusted so much or who claimed to love you , i believe in Karma which has always been my guidelines because it’s a bitch and will definitely come back to you.

As I told you before that I'm serving the US Army under the division of Infantry and presently in Afghanistan for peace keeping mission..... we are the ground soldier who fight on foot.

I'm fortunate to command a small, very specialized unit and get to interact with many guys on the tip of the spear: US service members of all branches and ranks, Coalition forces, contractors and locals.

I want to remind you again that am a man of one woman, i treat my woman with respect and care. Am an affectionate and passionate man.I love kids and pets. What do you seek in your idea man? Am a caring man, who show my woman what true love means, i work according to word of God sometimes because am human... I'm a romantic man, I love going to the beach, listen to musics, love taking a walk, love going to the cinemas. I would describe myself as very caring a gentle and positive person, Very generous and like life and like meeting people . Have a good sense of humor. Life is too short so i live life to the fullest.

I had like to meet a woman who is caring and considerate, someone I can trust and who will trust me and will always be honest with me, someone who enjoys laughing at the silly things that happen in life. Someone who is willing to share the work to make our home a comfortable place. Someone who likes to live in a tidy house too, I do not like to have things very messy.

What would you like to know about me, just ask and i will be sincere with my response....I pray our friendship leads to something good.
Hope to read from you soon.
Regards.
Michael.

If I wouldn´t have found the part of this letter online I would have never known he is a scammer. His pictures are genuine, he has several on his profile. When I asked him to write my name on piece of paper and take a picture and send it to me he declined saying they are not allowed to do that for security reason and cannot send a letter or video chat either. He gave me some said story about terrorist hacking their system and stealing 50.000$ from his account. He didn´t ask for any money yet and I told him that as long he doesn´t ask me I know he is not a scammer lol and don´t mind. He replied that he only want´s my heart and soul.

I would like to post his pictures but its not working.

<snipped - Tim>

Please be aware of this scammer, he is very good.

Thank you
Last edited by Tim Atem on Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed links to photos, not watermarked.
Advertisement

#391692 by Tim Atem Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:17 am
Thank you for reporting your scammer here. I had to remove the links to the photos because they're not marked as stolen or used by scammers.

How to post photos: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219

Can you re-post the photos and make sure to mark them as stolen or used by scammers?

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5