Information on romance scams and scammers.
#6382 by bellasmart Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:28 pm
I was Tagged by an Edwin Williams, from Riley Kansas, he is looking for love Please read below. He has posted a picture of a handsome guy , for some reason that guy looks very familiar... I think I've seen him on tv , or a magazine... check out the site ( Tagged.com.. His Name is Edwin Williams and his email is [email protected]... Does anyone know who he is??

Hi, this will let you know a lot more about me. Then after you respond, I will ask you a hundred questions. Just kidding: I will ask questions but I like conversation to just flow and we can follow where ever it takes us.
As it is obvious by my profile, I am a Christian. I have been asked many times to describe, explain, or define how I use the label “Christian”. To answer that would take many pages but for now, I will give you some idea of what God means to me. God has been a very active part of my life, for about eleven years now. Before that, He was active in my life, but I just wasn’t doing my part. Life is a lot better when God leads me than when I jump out there and take control. To get to know me it doesn’t take long to find out that God is number one in my life. He deserves that position and not just because “He is God” but because of what he has done in my life. I can, and most likely will if given a chance to share with you these stories of the miraculous evidences of God moving in my life. After hearing those stories, you will understand that I owe Him much more than I can ever repay. However, I don’t stand on the corner with a sign around my neck that reads REPENT. I, of all people, probably should but I don’t. I don’t hand out tracks. I don’t walk around with a Bible under my arm just waiting to smack someone over the head with it. If God points me in someone's direction I will obey, but I am not going to try to force Jesus down someone's throat. Now, if they ask or if I bring it up in conversation and they are receptive and want to know more: Well let’s just say we had better sit down because this could take a while. It’s only natural to want to talk about the ones you love and I could, and have no doubt will again many times talk about God for hours on end. I will not point my finger in anyone’s face and tell them that they are living wrong and headed straight on the fast track to hell. I let the Holy Spirit do the convicting. We are all sinners and fall short so I don’t feel that it is up to me to beat anyone up over their failures. But don’t think that all I do is talk about "God is love"; having a relationship with God is very much like and is often a reflection of a marriage and if you cheat on your spouse they aren’t going to like it much at all and cheating on God is no different. Ok, let me step down out off of my pulpit here. I hope you are still with me and haven’t just deleted this message.
I have had only a few serious relationships in my life: I never have been big on dating around or the dreaded bar scene. Met some interesting people there, (in the bars), but there is always where I left them. I have never left with someone. I value commitment very highly, and I want to invest in someone; and, I would like to get a return on those investments. Now so far as sex goes that is a capital investment and I honestly feel that when two people join together and make love you are joined and you have just given to that person a apart of yourself that you can never get back. They now share with you your intimacy, your love, and a special part of you that few people ever see. Unless you are like my sister, and go for anything that moves. I say that jokingly, but in honesty I look at his life and I see no heart in it. sHe has given herself so casually and loosely and so often to men that today she probably wouldn't know who they are or remember their name; now she has no love left to give. That is sad! Ok, enough about sex: I think you can get the picture. Just one note though: Don’t think that I’m all Mr. Control. I have blood in my veins and I have a “very active sex drive.” Hey its fun, and I like it.

Wow: I went straight from God to sex! That’s weird, guess that shows where my priorities are ....lol. I skipped right over food, job, hobbies, goals, family etc., but it looks like if I spend as much time on these things as I have so far, we'll be here till the wee hours of the morning.
I’ll tell you all about my goals for the future; and what I’m doing to get there, and what I have been doing for the past years if you can bear to hear it all (but not right now).

I am a “very affectionate person”: I love “to touch and be touched.” I love to “Hold hands” while walking, and at times while driving. I don’t like being smothered though; and I won’t smother someone else. Some times, just “the softest touch can carry a lot of weight.” “I love to kiss”, not tonsil hockey; but the “soft, sensuous kind” that make your knees weak or your stomach tighten like a balled fist. Just a breath on the nape of your neck...
And I like to wrestle play laugh and cut up run and swing just have a good time no matter where I'm at.

I am very protective.. When out in public I will physically place my body between the one I’m with and anything, person or object that I don’t like the looks of.

Independence is great, and like I said: I don’t like to smother anyone, but “personally when I am in love” that is the only woman I care about except Mom, well, and my daughter, but they can’t give me what that “special person can..” “I enjoy pouring myself into that person.” “I want to be so in tune with her that we know what the other is thinking without saying a word.” That kind of relationship takes time to build and communication is the only way that kind of relationship can be achieved. I am pretty much an open book: I don’t believe in, nor do I want to keep you guessing. I don’t know how to keep secrets from my mate. Christmas and birthdays are excruciating for me. If I buy something long before a birthday or Christmas, I usually have to go out and get something else, because I can’t wait and want her to have it so bad, I give it to her early. So sometimes, I am a last minute shopper.

Ok, now I’m just rambling. I am looking for a woman who is not afraid to Love. I am looking for a woman with heart. I am looking for a woman with a heart of worship; a heart of love; and a desire to be loved. I’m looking for that woman with a heart, and to share with a woman who can handle it gently without breaking it.

Well as for what i do for a living, ive told you and i have been to several countries where i buy and sell antiques.i have been to countries like Europe, and especially UK, so I guess you know that traveling is one of my hobbies. I do love it, honey. So I will stop here, if none of this has scared you off; then send a reply .......and tell me more about your self
Edwin

This is Letter #2

Hi Thanks for the e-mail u sent me i was travling to Uk but dont knw yet if i would be going cos i needed to go and donate for the charity homes there .. for kids in xmas do u also like to Donate cos my Organisation is doing Donation and sunce we are going to be together would u like me to put your name on the list but u would have to donate cos this is for kids not me ok ..
What a wonderful beginning to a new year! It began late in the previous year -- me finding you, chatting online, confessing my love, and then it happens all over again. The feelings that I’ve felt for you all along begin to resurface. Only this time, I am free to act on them without fear of upsetting anyone.
Thank you, Danelly . What more can a man say to the woman who opened her heart to him, allowing him to feel the warmth of her love across the great distance that separates them? You truly have no idea what I feel for you..
I try to put this feeling into words, but fail miserably. This feeling of being both scared and at peace, of having both butterflies and a sense of calm, is a feeling that I have only dreamed about. As the days continue to pass, my love for you continues to grow. I never thought I had the capacity to love anybody as much as I love you right now. Yet, my love for you continues to mature, growing beyond the realm of my heart. It seems that you have become the fiber of my soul, the very reason for my existence.
I have no other words to describe the way you make me feel. No words, no actions could even come close. I believe that Ronald Regan said it best to Nancy in a letter, telling her only that, "I more than love you". Their love was a strong love, surviving everything, even death. I believe that even after his passing, Nancy felt Ronald's love for her raining down upon her. That is why she has always seemed at peace after the death of such a truly loving husband. That is the love that I feel for you.
Edwin .

And this is letter # 3( I have never meet this guy)

There are no words to express how I feel about you. I constantly search for the words, and they all seem less than I truly feel. You are my life, my heart, and my soul. You are my best friend. You are my one true love. I still remember the day we first met. I knew that you were the one I was meant to be with forever. As the years went by and we drifted apart, I still held onto the memory of you. I thought of you every day, and dreamed of you each night. Just when I thought you had forgotten me, you would call and make all my dreams seem real. The sound of your voice on the line, was the sweetest sound I would ever find. Then one day you gave me a call, and told me I might have a chance to rectify it all. My heart was beating hard within my chest. My hand was shaking and I could barely breathe. Then you came out to see me and I knew it was meant to be. Those were the sweetest days, of memories of the past. It went so quickly, I wanted it to last. The day you left, I wanted to die. You called me again, your voice on the line. I had to be near you, lying on your chest. I need to show you, that you were the best. So I made the decision to tell you how I feel. When you said you felt the same, I felt it was a dream. I packed up my stuff and altered my life. I never looked back, now you will make me your wife. I am on a cloud, living in a dream, and a few days from now, it will really feel real. I wrote this letter for you to keep, and when you need a reminder of how I feel. I've said it before and I'll say it again, words cannot express how you make me feel. I make this promise to you my dear, to love you the way that you love me. I now look to the future and forget the past, your life is mine and we will make it last. I love you more today than I did yesterday, and I'll love you more tomorrow than I do today. With all my heart I am forever yours.
Edwin
Last edited by bellasmart on Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#6383 by Jillian Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:50 pm
Hi bellasmart and welcome. You may be interested in looking at this topic, in which the scammer is using that same format with a different name.viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1572&start=0

I'm glad you recognized the scam and thank you for posting!

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#6386 by Ralph Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:19 am
Hi Bella, Welcome to Scamwarners,

The picture probbaly came from www.focushawaii.com , in all other cases I have seen where that scripted email is used the scammer will get you on chat where the level of english suddenly drops dramaticaly, you will also see sections where the scammer has added his own touch to the email where all of a sudden the writting skill dissapears.

If you would like to post the pictures or forward them to me if you prefer, I may be able to find the source
#6390 by Ralph Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:03 am
Bella kindly sent me the photo used by the scammer, I have done a Tineye search on it but couldn't find any other examples of the photo being used.

The photo sent by Bella is this one

I suspected it may have come from focushawaii but after seeing it I doubt that, the photo may have been stolen from a persons picture folder, the one thing I will point out is that the person in the photo is NOT the person writing the emails
#76921 by kimloveslife Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:34 am
I am current receiving the same mail from this guy under a different name. Here is the letter he sent me after just one day of knowing me.
What more can a man say to the woman who opened her heart to him, allowing him to feel the warmth of her love across the great distance that separates them? You truly have no idea what I feel for you. I try to put this feeling into words, but fail miserably. This feeling of being both scared and at peace, of having both butterflies and a sense of calm, is a feeling that I have only dreamed about. As the days continue to pass, my love for you continues to grow. I never thought I had the capacity to love anybody as much as I love you right now. Yet, my love for you continues to mature, growing beyond the realm of my heart. It seems that you have become the fiber of my soul, the very reason for my existence.I have no other words to describe the way you make me feel. No words, no actions could even come close. I believe that Ronald Regan said it best to Nancy in a letter, telling her only that, "I more than love you". Their love was a strong love, surviving everything, even death. I believe that even after his passing, Nancy felt Ronald's love for her raining down upon her. That is why she has always seemed at peace after the death of such a truly loving husband. That is the love that I feel for you.
I recognized the work immediately but not sure what to do now. I didn't surrender any of my information and when he asked for my address to send me flowers I gave the address and phone number to the police station. He's not the only one. There are many on zoosk.com and okcupid.com. ladies beware. He goes by James1king on those sites.
#76924 by Helen Halper Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:58 am
Welcome to Scamwarners, kimloveslife!

I'm glad that you knew that you were dealing with a scammer and didn't lose any money to him.

Would you please post the name and email address that the scammer is using?

#414847 by AndreaGarcia Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:09 pm
I have been chatting with someone since july 16, and i believe is fake. He just wrote me this "I never thought I had the capacity to love anybody as much as I love you right now. Yet, my love for you continues to mature, growing beyond the realm of my heart. It seems that you have become the fiber of my soul, the very reason for my existence."
It´s the second time he sends me something from the internet. He tells me he´s a lawyer and lives in Germany, but he´s from san Francisco. He even gave me his passwork and show me his bank account.
This sounds familiar to you?
#414849 by AndreaGarcia Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:12 pm
If anyone knows about this please contact me to [Removed - AJ]
Last edited by AlanJones on Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal details
#414879 by AlanJones Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:24 pm
It's not possible to tell without actual details. Please post the details you have of him, such as his name, email address the website that he gave you to see his bank account.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.