Information on romance scams and scammers.
#417707 by Helpme123 Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:39 pm
This person contacted through a dating website we have been texting since Feb. I have looked up everything I could and not find anything out. i have confronted him, but all he said is he has nothing to prove he is real . I have sent money, but it was going to his supplier, because he is out of the country supposable.Is there any way you can help? And yes I have sent money

Subject: My Confession

Hello XXX ,

I don't know how to start this letter, because I am afraid it might be the
end of our good acquaintance, or if I am lucky, the realization of my
dreams, which is for you to love me as I love you. I told myself I might as
well take the risks because it's the only remedy I know that could unburden
this feeling I've been keeping ever since.

XXX, I love you. I know you'll find it hard to believe me if I tell you
now how much you mean to me. I could hardly understand what I feel for you,
knowing how to endure those long sleepless nights just thinking only of
you. I've never been like this before. I just don't know how to pour out my
feelings for you. I wanted to find the perfect words to make you realize
how much I need you and love you, but words continue to elude me, what
would they be? Something poetic? I'm sure it should be heartfelt and out of
the ordinary. I'm afraid it's no use; every time I look at you, the words
came out the same… I love you!

Love always,

Müller
Last edited by AlanJones on Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal details
Advertisement

#417708 by AlanJones Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:56 pm
Anyone on the Internet who asks you for money is always a scammer, whether they ask you for it directly or for you to pay it to an agent/supplier/employee.

The money that you have paid is almost certainly lost, but you should report the crime to your local law enforcement and also to your bank/money transfer service depending on how you paid.

The best thing to do now is totally block the scammer and stop responding to him and anyone connected with him. Don't confront him or accuse him, he will just deny it. Just disappear and leave him wondering what went wrong.

You should also be aware that as you have paid money to a scammer, you are now likely to receive other scams as your details will be passed around as a paying victim. So it may be best to change your email addresses so that you can start afresh.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.