Information on romance scams and scammers.
#14792 by Ralph Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:51 pm
Name used: MARK SPENCER
Known email address: [email protected]
Telephone numbers: +2348033442558
+447045770446
+447045747711
(The 4470 numbers are UK redirect phone numbers commonly used by scammers)

He likes to send poetry that he has stolen from the internet and tell you it's his
We have a special friendship,
and I don't know how
it got its start.
I don't know when
it happened,
but its warmth dwells
within my heart.
It arrived along
with happiness
that gives
my soul a lift,
and I'm convinced that
your friendship
is a precious gift!
i care so much about you
Mark

He stole that from here Turn your volume down before clicking

He will try to get your phone number so he can speed up his scam

Hello removed,

Removed a section of the email that is written for his victim

I am really serious about me getting a new wife that will occupy my home and take care of my son and i also will take the person not just as my wife but also my sister.I asked you what do you to when you are less busy and can you send me your pictures too.I want to show it to my son.I will wait to hear from you again.

Mark

He will try to get his victims to call him on his redirect phone number as that is much cheaper for him although insanely expensive for his victim

Removed section written for his victim
HAIL MARY FULL OF GRACE THE LORD IS WITH THEE BLESSED ARE THOUGH AMONG WOMEN AND BLESSED IS THE FRUIT OF THE WOMB JESUS.HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD PRAY FOR US SINNERS AND NOW THE HOURS OF OUR DEATH.AFTER THIS SAY OUR LORS'S PRAYER.

It is very good to say your Rosary also and be close to God.You know since i lost my wife i have been so closed to God and any woman that will come around will real enjoy me and it is not that i am saying it,I need somebody that will stay with me and share our love together.I show Owen your picture and he really like it and he said he cant wait to meet your son too.

Right now i will start calling you my darling if you do not mind.Once i finish my contract here,i will come and spend time with you and if possible i will take you back to London.So i will send you my picture tomorrow.

take care and God bless you.My Phone number is below.

Mark Spencer

+44 70457 47711

He will quickly tell you he is in love and want to be with you

Hello Maria
Thank you so much for this kind words of your in your message, i am really so glad i have met you.i am so sorry if i have rushed you but i am only telling you my mind cos i do not know how to pretend. I am so glad to know you i think you are a nice woman to be with. If you feel am rushing you i will then have to slow it down. i wish to meet you soon so we can know each other face to face and consolidae this relationship. i have two years contract here and am rounding off this december i will then go back to california. i will send you my pics on monday please i left my flash drive where my pics are in the office. please bear with me until on monday. This is my mobile number so you can get me here instead ok. dont call the other number, this is the number to call +447045770446. i will have to stop here for now. please take care of yourself for me ok
muah
Mark

Hello honey
I am so exceited to read this sweet email of yours, this is so wonderful to know that you are in love with me. i love you so much and wish to be your man forever. please honey promise me you are not gonna break my heart. i am seriously in love and wisho to be your husband. i didnt beleive in internet dating until God brought you my way. you are so special and wonderful to know. muah muah muah, three big kisses for you and another muah. i love you i will book my flight tommorow here and send you the itenary.
i have to stop here now. i love you honey
Mark
Advertisement

#14866 by Ralph Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:41 pm
Hello Removed,

I called you one the phone but i was told that you have gone to work.So i just said let me know how far with you and i want you to always say this prayer every morning.

HAIL MARY FULL OF GRACE THE LORD IS WITH THEE BLESSED ARE THOUGH AMONG WOMEN AND BLESSED IS THE FRUIT OF THE WOMB JESUS.HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD PRAY FOR US SINNERS AND NOW THE HOURS OF OUR DEATH.AFTER THIS SAY OUR LORS'S PRAYER.

It is very good to say your Rosary also and be close to God.You know since i lost my wife i have been so closed to God and any woman that will come around will real enjoy me and it is not that i am saying it,I need somebody that will stay with me and share our love together.I show Owen your picture and he really like it and he said he cant wait to meet your son too.

Right now i will start calling you my darling if you do not mind.Once i finish my contract here,i will come and spend time with you and if possible i will take you back to London.So i will send you my picture tomorrow.

take care and God bless you.My Phone number is below.

Mark Spencer

+44 70457 47711
#15255 by Beltane4C Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:20 pm
I was recently approached by this gentleman (?). He need $1200 so that he could get an order out of customs so that he could ship it back to the states. He could the open his own business, so he wouldn't have to travel (right now he says he is in Nigeria) and we could live happily ever after or forever. Does this sound familiar? I am a widow, I not gorgeous but I am not ugly. I am relatively well educated and generally smart. He almost had me up until he asked for money. The red flag went up and that was that. He even sent me flowers I am keeping the flowers and he isn't getting one red dime. Do not fall prey to this man. I pretty much told him he should be ashamed of himself. I know it is the same guy because it is the same type of letters, he had a son named Mike, he was a widower and was looking for the ever lasting love. Do not fall prey to this man. WARNING.
#15256 by Ralph Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:07 am
Hi Beltane

Welcome to Scamwarners,

I am glad to hear you have avoided losing money to this scammer, thanks for sharing

Many scammers use the same or similiar names and many of their stories are virtually identical so it is hard to say with certainty that it is the same scammer. None the less, the person you are dealing with is a scammer.

The flowers that were sent to you were more than likely paid for with a stolen or compromised credit card, he may have later asked you to receive and forward other goods purchased in the same way.

There is little you can do but be mindful you may get a call in regards to the flowers you received as you are the only real person attached to receiving the goods.

If you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask.

Could you please forward the emails from this person which will help to prevent others from being scammed? I am not interested in your own information or emails from you as they can identify you to the scammer, but emails from him will be scripted emails that he will send to many others.

If you know how to find headers from these emails that will also be handy. If you dont know how to find the headers please tell us who you email provider is (yahoo/hotmail for example) and we can give you specific instructions.
#15296 by Beltane4C Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:48 pm
Dear Unknown

The first time I heard you say the words, "I love you", it was like I have been taken to Cloud 9 and I haven't gone down until now. Right after you uttered those words I asked myself, "Do I love you?", and as I look for the answer, I again asked: have you given me any reasons not to? No. I then realized that I have already fallen in love with you, and yes ... I am so in love with you,.In the past, I had always yearned for someone to love, to cherish and to take good care of - to whom I would share my dreams with and make them come true. I'd always walked around feeling so empty with a hole in my heart that I thought would never get filled... You filled that hole. I think back to how empty my life was without you, and I am so grateful that you are here. I have found in you what it means to "love." I tell you a million times a day, each day that I love you. Although you reciprocate these feelings, I am sure that you have no inkling of the magnitude of exactly what they mean to me. You can do the slightest thing and it warms me. You may not even realize it. Each day has me falling more in love with you. I love you more and more with each passing day. And it eases me to know that as tomorrow approaches, I will love you more than yesterday and tomorrow will be more than today. You are really God's gift to me ... my answered prayer that I will forever cherish in my heart....You are the most wonderful, kind, compassionate, romantic, smart, sensible, intelligent, talented, kind-hearted, thoughtful, congenial, affectionate, appreciative, loyal, caring, loving, passionate, handsome and an incredibly sexy woman I have ever met and I thank God everyday that you are mine! I love you with my whole existence, my whole life and nothing in this world can take that away! I love you more than I could ever explain. More than I even understand. You touched my heart in ways no one could ever comprehend....I hope today turns out to be the day I wished it to be for you. Today, I'd like to give you this little glass that holds the unrelenting memories of my past that shackles my being. I just have to give this to you and I have to do this for myself, for you, and for us. Today, I give my life to you - my heart, my mind, my body and my soul ... I belong to you now.
This may start sounding like a poem ... I don't know. I just wanted to let you know that you are my heart, my everything, and the other half of my soul, that I love you with everything I have and hold. Now, when I look towards the future, you are always pictured there. Maybe, in this lifetime, you will never know how much I love, care and cherish you. Your love gives me the feeling that the best is still ahead. I can't wait to spend forever with you

Mark Spencer <[email protected]>
#15297 by Beltane4C Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:51 pm
Removed quote of above post - Ralph

I have loaded one of the letters down below he was using yahoo I copied his e-mail address to the bottom I the letter he sent me. He sent me a few in fact but they say all about the same as the other ones.

Thank you for adding that email, it all helps.

In order to get the headers we will need to know which email provider you use. then we can give you instructions for you to extract the headers, this link will explain a little further but it can be quite confusing to those who are not familiar with headers http://spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/19.html

Let us know how you go and we can give further advice if you need it, being able to find and analyse headers is not hard to learn and it can in many cases identify a scam straight away
#428695 by kingjones Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:49 pm
Hi there, I know this is a stretch because this post was created in 2009 but I would like to talk to someone about this.
I’m gonna be straight up about what was going on, so keep prudishness to yourself when reading this but here goes:

I was advertising my Only Fans account because I’m trying to make more money and times are hard and I’m very broke. I was linking my pictures and my username from OF on Tumblr.com and a man with the username markspencerchr approached in my me Messages and claimed he wanted to be my sugar daddy, basically.
I was fishing for a specific kink (Feederism. I guess it’s where you eat a lot and some people really like that? Seemed easy enough to me and not TOO sexual, right?) His whole blog was dedicated to wanting to be a feeder (someone who feeds another person for their enjoyment) and he wanted to be my personal feeder and promised money.

We texted for a bit through his email [email protected] and he told me he had a wife and adult daughter and his wife and he lives in NY (he shared his location with me breifly but it wasnt long and I saw his name was listed as “Mirrorboy Swagz location”) and she was sick so they hadn’t had sex in years and didn’t want to tell her about it. He sent me pictures of himself and he claimed to be an older white man.

He said he wanted to give me a weekly allowance of $300 or so and At first, he tried to do CashApp but sent me a screenshot claiming it said my account gave him a “scam” warning and that we would have to do a different way so he could “trust me.” (Looking back now, I know he was lying bc he spammed texted me about it) So instead he had to pay me with echecks out of his payroll account because he shared another account with his wife and she would find out and his payroll account he could only write checks for no less than $1500, and he was gonna ask his payroll guy about it.
At this point I assumed he was like some old guy with a business and was taking the money from said business he owned because he kept referring to talking to his payroll guy about it! So he writes me this check for $2000 and it has someone’s name of Phillip J [Removed - AJ] and an address in California(I’ve googled him and he used to work as a city planner in a city there) and asked him about the name and he said “that’s my payroll guy.”
I knew something didn’t add up but I didn’t think it was going to effect me on my end, again I thought it was like his business he was taking money from which is his life……
Well once it finally got into my account he asked me to Zelle a good chunk of it back to his Payroll guy because he only wanted to send me $300 but the checks had to be written for no less than $1500.
Well I sent some of the money to this person (the name was not the Phillip guy from the checks but again I kinda thought everyone was just going along with this crazy old man and his complicated way of doing things so they wanted to stay private) But then the next day, he asked me to send the rest of the money to his daughter and someone else, leaving me with $300. I thought that was weird too but idk I was -$90 before all this so I guess I just wanted it to work out.

My bank didn’t stop the first one, probably because it was over the weekend on Colombus Day recently so I thought it was just this complicated plan of his.
But then he wrote me another $2000 check and asked me to send money out but keep some of it with that one too…. Well, I was stupid and deposited it and sent it out some of it. (My bank only deposits $500 on the first day with large checks and the rest the next day)

This time my bank caught it.

They CLOSED my account on me. Haulted the checks because they were from a closed account however, I had already transferred the money out to Mark Spencer’s “payroll guy”, “daughter” and one other person so NOW I owe the bank almost $1900.
I told him my account is closed now and he tried to say “are you trying not to give me my money back.” But I called him a scammer and he blocked me.

A couple things I learned from him: he’s crazy about god and fasts every Sunday? he also uses the name “Mirrorboy” or “Mirrorboy Swagz” He asked me to play pool with him on this 8Ball Pool app constantly(again, just thought he was a lonely old man.) The supposed pay roll guys name is Sasha Offen and his daughter’s name was Sandy Mathis and the third person was named Kenielle Antwood.
Couldn’t find anything when I googled Sasha or Sandy but I found a few Instagram account for Kenielle Antwood. When I looked for anything pertaining to Mirrorboy Swagz, I found a Tweet from an account advertising a new song by MirrorBoy Swagz and that tweet had a link to an Instagram account Adedoja Promise (Iamflexview) and it’s some young black man (who is also crazy about God I guess.)
I saw someone mention above that he asked them for money to get out of Nigeria and that makes me wonder if this is the actual man- not this old white dude named Mark Spencer.
I have a ton of messages with him still and his tumblr account was reported but he blocked me and anyone else that contacts him on my behalf.

Does anyone have any advice or further help involving this person? I didn’t have money before this started and now I’m really screwed because I owe $1900 :(
And before you say “well you should have known better,” I am pretty young and never had something like this happen to me and my parents don’t talk to me because I’m LGBT so I didn’t really have anyone to ask for advice on this, I just thought it was this guy hitting me up without wanting anyone to know :/
Last edited by AlanJones on Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed
#428696 by AlanJones Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:16 pm
The checks that were sent to you were either fake or stolen and the scammer has no interest in you, except for using you to cash the checks. Unfortunately, your bank will hold you responsible for the money that you sent to the scammer and could well report you to the authorities for passing fake/stolen checks.

It would therefore be in your best interest to be proactive and contact the authorities yourself and let them know what has happened and that you are a victim of a scam.

The person behind this is almost certainly not an old white man, but very likely someone from West Africa or possibly the Far East.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#428698 by Arnold Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:13 pm
A couple things I learned from him: he’s crazy about god and fasts every Sunday?
Many scammers claim to be religious. Whether they really believe it, or think it makes them appear genuine is debatable.

And before you say “well you should have known better

Nobody here will say that. You're a crime victim, that's all. As Alan says, tell the authorities before they find you. And keep the emails etc, as evidence that you've been exploited.