Information on romance scams and scammers.
#252735 by West Ham Mon May 25, 2015 2:41 pm
I have been speaking to a U.S. Sergeant James clarkson for three weeks how has told me he is a widow of 4 years with a young son of 12 years who lives with a gardiuan in the UK he has a cocoa company in Africa which was left with him by his deceased father he then told me he wants to retire as he is 50 and start a life with me in the UK his email is [email protected] he also said he had been to the UK 3 months ago and bought a flat which he now tells me is not his but he rented it which was probably a lie to he probably has never been to the UK he has also sent me his phone number this is to make you think they are geniune I have texted him on this but never had a reply I would be very interested to know if anyone has been contacted or having contact at the moment with this scammer

Mod note: The correct email address is [email protected]
Advertisement

#252740 by Bryon Williams Mon May 25, 2015 3:08 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

What was the phone number the scammer used? Post it even if it does not work.

Also could you post a couple of his initial emails to you along with the one requesting money for the fake leave.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#252750 by malu53 Mon May 25, 2015 4:17 pm
found him
the correct email address is
[email protected]
as he's currently online, I dropped him a line :lol:

he's got a profile on FB with the yahoo avatar
with this address (April 30)
except for the name, no add. info
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009260904314
Last edited by malu53 on Mon May 25, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#252753 by West Ham Mon May 25, 2015 4:56 pm
Can you tell me if he reply to your email and can you tell me if I need to do anything as he has my phone number email address full name address and date of birth please ?
#252757 by malu53 Mon May 25, 2015 6:09 pm
generally, when they cannot squeeze any money out of their vics they move on
not worthwhile spending their time :lol:
so don't worry too much, just ignore him and his messages

could you provide his phone number please?
#252759 by malu53 Mon May 25, 2015 6:13 pm
To [email protected]
Opened 2015/05/25
Location Frankfurt Am Main, Hessen, Germany (86% likelihood)
Opened on (31.186.228.57:51769), (31.186.228.32:54569), (31.186.228.60:46536)

IP: 31.186.228.5
ISP: InterNAP Network Services U.K. Limited
Organization: Voxel Dot Net
State/Region: Istanbul
City: Istanbul
#252762 by Bryon Williams Mon May 25, 2015 6:24 pm
From James Clarkson Mon May 25 22:01:19 2015
X-Apparently-To: Xxxxxxx; Mon, 25 May 2015 22:01:26 +0000
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received-SPF: none (domain of yahoo.co.uk does not designate permitted sender hosts)
X-Originating-IP: [212.82.98.80]
Authentication-Results: mta1181.mail.ne1.yahoo.com from=yahoo.co.uk; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=yahoo.co.uk; dkim=pass (ok)
Received: from 127.0.0.1 (EHLO omp1017.mail.ir2.yahoo.com) (212.82.98.80)
by mta1181.mail.ne1.yahoo.com with SMTPS; Mon, 25 May 2015 22:01:23 +0000
Received: (qmail 75738 invoked by uid 1000); 25 May 2015 22:01:19 -0000
Received: (qmail 26803 invoked by uid 60001); 25 May 2015 22:01:19 -0000
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s1024;
Received: from [31.186.228.60] by web172201.mail.ir2.yahoo.com via HTTP; Mon, 25 May 2015 23:01:19 BST
X-Mailer: YahooMailIosMobile/0.0 YahooMailWebService/0.8.203.740
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 23:01:19 +0100

Hello........
Hope you are ok with pics?
it was lovely having to chat with you a bit on the site and more also getting your email.
Just thought i should tell you more about my self as well and if your still
interested in me we can get on knowing more about each other, just hope we get along well and much better, really wish for that, cause you really sound interesting.
I'm 50 years old..I'm from New York (NY) and i am from London too,you are wondering how could it be,well dads from London, but my mum is from the states in New York (NY) . I lived with my parents first in France then later relocated back to New York as a family while i was 12,my parents started having problems while i was just 8,my mum was not very faithful to my dad and knowing that as a child was not very good for me,my dad won custody of me,mum left with another man to a far place and we never saw her again after going to court,dad moved to California where i grew up.Growing up as a child with a single parent was not very easy for me,but i had to get used to it, i schooled at California State University after my degree i went to (UNITED STATE MILITARY ACADEMY WEST POINT
IN NEW YORK) to join US Army as a grand trooper when i was 24,I working in the engineering department.
i was married to Emily who is from London for 16 years, we met in my university days in California State University,we had a lovely son together, Dave is 12.4 years before we were meant to relocate back to UK together i lost her in an auto crash,lost dad not long too after a brief illness,it was very hard for me to have lost the most 2 wonder people in my life.dad always told me son: American women are shit,son go for a British woman...they are the best,they treat a man right which i know its true, so i relocated to the UK to establish a home there,i was in the UK just 3 months before i was deployed to Afghanistan Kabul on a peace keeping mission.
I've been on deployment with the US Army to Afghanistan for 6 months now and i will be having my leave in 2 weeks time,but i am working on my retirement as this is my last tour as i want to settle down with the right woman that will love me for who i am and nothing more,hopefully, who i can spend the rest of my life with so as to move on with life.....
I have a COCOA business in West Africa (Nigeria) it was Dads and i promised to run it for him as it was part of his dying WISH,but i could not look after it myself due to my job,i have agents who run it for me since deployment to afghan.i have invested so much in this business because when i retire from the army i will have something to fall back to.don't get me wrong,not that im not going be living in Africa,no i wont but will look after it from home(UK)
The main reason why i joined the site is to find someone that will take me for whom i am and ready for a good relationship worth keeping forever..I'm a nice guy who seems to think of others before myself...I'm honest , caring,loving,intelligent and focused on whatever i do...i always feel it is better to be myself,I'm never fake. i am who i am,my faults and all, but there is a lot of good in me, if i am your friend, i am a true friend not someone who is only there for what they can get out of a person, when i love, i love with all my heart...i love going to the cinema,having a walk by the beach and lake side with someone that means the whole world to me...
i could add you on yahoo messenger if you don't mind,that way we get to chat and i get to know more bout you,you can ask me anything else you would love to know about me (that's if i haven't said it all lol)..hope this does not turn you off.
James xxx

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#252810 by West Ham Tue May 26, 2015 2:10 am
The telephone number he used was 07908123952 I did message if but never had a reply when I asked him about not replying he said he did not have voucher for his phone when I started to do research once he had asked me for money I called the number and nog yo my surprise it was not a valid mobile number