Information on romance scams and scammers.
#290816 by kagreer Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:27 am
I have lost more than $7000 to a man calling himself "Kieran Riley", supposedly based at a UK Army camp outside Tehran. What do I need to do about reporting the loss? I know that it likely won't be recovered but I want it reported and filed.

The phone number he uses is: +44 754166 2218

The email address is: [email protected]
Advertisement

#324105 by Ayde Flores Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:18 am
To whom it may correspond: I was contacted through Facebook by a supposed British soldier, the one in Kabul Afghanistan, after a month of talking about Messenger he asked me for money so he could come and live with me, of course I did not send him money Nor will I know it's a scammer, I'm just here to help other people not to drop their data are: Facebook: James Mason, his email [email protected] , the email [email protected] where I'm supposed to ask for the data to send him money,. And his personal data Full name: James.W.Mason
Camp Id: Sgt946240
Camp: Camp Bastion
Division: Central Division...If you can tell me what I can do if I confront it or not. Beforehand thank you very much. I forgot, I live in California
#324106 by AlanJones Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:39 am
Do not confront the scammer, he will just deny it and carry on trying to scam you.

Just block him and do not respond and more. He will.soon give up mailing you.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#356858 by Claudia Ma Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:33 am
I met a British soldier on dating site who is sergeant rank and is currently deploying in Afghanistan and told me that his deployment will be finished at the end of March then will visit me afterwards. We sent messages via hangouts and made audio calls sometimes. Recently, he said his General ordered him and his troops to be going to Syria in March and there is no way to connect with him there. He also said that his internet bank account has blocked due to trying access in Afghanistan which is a terrorist country.

I would like to know 1) whether it is true for blocking the online banking in Afghanistan when he tried to access through internet and 2) whether he will be ordered a new deployment to another country as his current deployment will be finished and it should be return home afterwards, 3) whether all soldiers cannot apply leave during employment.
#356912 by Bryon Williams Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:25 pm
Welcome to scamwarners,

It is 100% a scam.

UK/British Military leave works likes the USA. It is paid and free of charge. https://www.navycs.com/uk/british-milit ... efits.html

Leave has to be requested by the member through his chain of command. His wife, mother, children nor internet girlfriend can do this.

The Military member has access to his money. Also anything he needs will be provided on base.

He does not pay for leave, flights home, medical, phones or internet privileges.

Meals are provided.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#356936 by Claudia Ma Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:08 pm
Thanks for your reply.

I would like to know more about that.

1. How bristih soldiers can access their money while deployment in Afghanistan?

2. Do you know whether a British soldier will be redeployed to another country before his current deployment as it supposed to be return home?

3. Is it restricted to take leave during the deployment period?

Look forward to your reply.

Million thanks

Bryon Williams wrote:Welcome to scamwarners,

It is 100% a scam.

UK/British Military leave works likes the USA. It is paid and free of charge. https://www.navycs.com/uk/british-milit ... efits.html

Leave has to be requested by the member through his chain of command. His wife, mother, children nor internet girlfriend can do this.

The Military member has access to his money. Also anything he needs will be provided on base.

He does not pay for flights home, medical, phones or internet privileges.
#356937 by Bryon Williams Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:18 pm
^^^ It is a scam. Stop all contact.

I am not going to answer any more than what I did.

This is an open forum that can be read by anyone.

I am not going to educate a scammer if he is reading or you are questioning him.

Everything he told you is a lie.
Deployed military members are to busy and have little time looking for love on the internet. With what time they have will be spent with family members.

Question for you. Why would he need money when deployed to war? It is not like he is going the Mall.

Never send money or anything to a person you never met in person face to face.
Never receive anything also.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#361495 by AlanJones Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:06 am
This topic is now locked. If you have questions about a claimed military member that you are in contact with who has asked you to apply for leave for them and want advice then please start a new topic and post their name and rank, email address and any telephone numbers that they have given to you, along with any email address that they have referred you to to request the leave.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.