Information on romance scams and scammers.
#263957 by PERINA Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:31 pm
Hi
Recently, I was a victim (if I may say that) not because they took my money, but because he made me waste my precious time!! and also it hurts to know that he now have my real name, email, pictures, location, a real information about me!! And I am not sure if I am in danger or if something worse could happen to me.
He contacted me using OKCUPID few days ago, told me his name was Joshua , that he was a soldier in Afghanistan fighting in war , widowed since 5 years and with a 9 years old daughter. Told me he has 15 years as military assigned to war in Iran as well.
He inmediately asked me to add him to yahoo messenger. His Yahoo id is [email protected]

After 8 days or so chatting he told me his internet service required him to add some money and that he has his credit card expired and he could not have access to his banking account. In summary, he asked for $200 via Wester Union in the name of a women, who supposed to be his sargent at Afganistan. I was so mad and I block him and deleted his messages.
I didn't know nothing about how to proceed with this person. But when he asked for money and I did a little research I told him I knew what he was doing and that he wasn't the person he said he was. I was really upset and dissapointed and I blocked him and deleted my yahoo app from my phone. However, I found out that I can recover the chat or part of it. I dont have emails from him. Our chat was thru yahoo messenger always. I checked OKcupid and he deleted his profile. His nick name in OkCupid was IamsgT. I also have his messages on OKcupid . I can include pictures he sent and all messages I have. Let me know if I can publish them here as well.
Advertisement

#265660 by dlmill1843 Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:12 pm
[same thing has happened to me! I have pictures too. I hope that whoever this real person is in these pictures finds out he is using them. I worry too about the information he has and what he will do with it. We have been talking to him at the same time. Makes me sick. I'm glad I found out when I did. Total waste of my time. quote="PERINA"]Hi
Recently, I was a victim (if I may say that) not because they took my money, but because he made me waste my precious time!! and also it hurts to know that he now have my real name, email, pictures, location, a real information about me!! And I am not sure if I am in danger or if something worse could happen to me.
He contacted me using OKCUPID few days ago, told me his name was Joshua , that he was a soldier in Afghanistan fighting in war , widowed since 5 years and with a 9 years old daughter. Told me he has 15 years as military assigned to war in Iran as well.
He inmediately asked me to add him to yahoo messenger. His Yahoo id is [email protected]

After 8 days or so chatting he told me his internet service required him to add some money and that he has his credit card expired and he could not have access to his banking account. In summary, he asked for $200 via Wester Union in the name of a women, who supposed to be his sargent at Afganistan. I was so mad and I block him and deleted his messages.
I didn't know nothing about how to proceed with this person. But when he asked for money and I did a little research I told him I knew what he was doing and that he wasn't the person he said he was. I was really upset and dissapointed and I blocked him and deleted my yahoo app from my phone. However, I found out that I can recover the chat or part of it. I dont have emails from him. Our chat was thru yahoo messenger always. I checked OKcupid and he deleted his profile. His nick name in OkCupid was IamsgT. I also have his messages on OKcupid . I can include pictures he sent and all messages I have. Let me know if I can publish them here as well.[/quote]