Information on romance scams and scammers.
#34879 by Shewolf of Aquataine Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:35 pm
I met this one on Fish Dating site. He claims to come from London but is half US and has two sons living in California. He claims to be a Sargeant Major stationed in Afghanistan, and who will be returning to the UK in a few weeks. He has not asked for money yet, but I'm sure it won't be long. I'm having trouble finding his location, so don't know where he really comes from. He's not prolific in writing emails, but loves to chat.

It was beautiful reading from you. I guess you have been able to tell me the kind of person that you are. I like your perspective to life and i am sure women like you are rare to find. This email will take some eight to ten minutes ofyour time. It looks longer than it reads. Where do i start from? I will talk about myself and what i am seeking. I long for the type of fulfilling relationship that would be pleasing to the mind body and spirit. I am a very patient person (with regard to this particular someone I seek). In order for me to be a friend to anyone I have to do my homework, which I will be glad to do. Here is what I will have to learn and do; I will need to know your likes, dislikes, what makes you happy and not so happy. I wish to know your challenges. I wish to know the things you are sure of, and not so sure of. In a phrase I wish to know you. I will share with you much about me; I cannot make many or any significant deposits in the Bank of Friendship until I have more information. So help me out by telling more of your story. It is not so easy being involved in new things, the newness can consume someone(at least for a while). I believe what you truly want you will receive. How do I know if we will get along pretty well? Unfortunately you nor I cannot know this. I do know I will do all I can to safe guard my heart and that of my patner. I do know I have learned the painful lessons ofthe past, that if you do not do all you can to protect the very pulse of the love you share with another, to the extent that I harm this pulse I will anguish10 times as much.
I care about people, I love my creator and all that he has created. I have learned and grown to bare witness that I have to do all I can with the blessing I have to never intentionally cause anyone pain especially the person my heart confess to care for. My past has brought me to where I am today. I could not have become the caring, compassionate, humble and love filled man without those heart wrenching lessons. I have been without love for a while and I am totally not used to this. I long for something lasting, something magical, and never ending. It has taken me along time to grow to this point of acknowledgment. This growth took a combination of wisdom (which I prayed for daily) and experience, mixed with compassion for all that has been created and the desire to give and serve. I wish to offer my woman the best that I am.However I will and want to be as transparent as I possibly can. I believe you will let me know when. If you really want to find someone to share your everything, if you really are sincere about ending your search, if you want to find the man of your dreams for i am caring, compassionate,motivating, humorous, attentive, serious, committed, devoted and loving. I not only can love like no other has loved I want to love like no other has loved.can i have you yahoo address so we can get to type together.What do you like about your job?What’s the most challenging thing about your job?hope to read from you soon.Micheal xxx
Advertisement

#35167 by Shewolf of Aquataine Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:07 pm
This scammer is less gushing in the use of words of endearment. In chat he claimed to be a Brigadier General, with a very large house in Southend.

micheal lynch <[email protected]

am happy reading from you tonight..did you enjoy yourself at your friends house..? i miss you alot too.hope to chat with you tomorrow..take care and God bless.
love always
micheal xxx

This scammer gives you two choices - you can either pay for a telephone link so that you can talk on the phone, or you can submit a leave request to his regiment and pay various sums of money in a bid to get him home early. I chose neither.
#35217 by Shewolf of Aquataine Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:17 pm
This scammer wants me to pay for his text messaging now!!!

Subject: Re: Micheal Lynch

Ms ......................

I will like to notify you that Brigadier General Micheal Lynch has been given a UK sim activated on roaming and the process has been made available for him as he is a first class Brigadier of the US Army and he has registered you on the military log book as well .

All you have to do is to get top ups of any amount so the sim can function out here in Afghan .

He is given an o2-mobile sim package for roaming activated for text only

Col. Hans E. Bush
US Army
Kabul Afghanistan.

It aint gonna happen!!!!!
Last edited by Shewolf of Aquataine on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#35220 by GomerPyle Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:45 pm
See what his reaction is to saying you've made a £100 donation to the National Arboretum Remembrance Memorial to plant a tree in his name.

As a patriotic soldier and one appreciating the sacrifice of his buddies he'd be delighted. I suspect he'd be very un-delighted as he isn't a soldier and couldn't care a fig about people he knows nothing about. His only motive being selfish greed which he satisfies by lying and stealing.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#35958 by Bakewell Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:47 pm
I was contacted by Michael Lynch on a UK dating website called Singles 365.
He was calling himself Brigadier General Michael Lynch, and was based in Camp Tombstone, Kabul. Not big on emails, but chatted endlessly. Foolishly I did buy him the SIM card ( only a few pounds)! But when he asked about paying for leave permission ($1000) I decided to check him out. I managed to find out via the badges on the uniform in the pictures he sent me the the person was in 11th Armoured Cavalry Regiment, so I contacted them for advice and they very kindly informed me that he was indeed a scammer and the pictures (and profile) he had used were of LTG Rick Lynch an actual serving soldier, they also sent me a link to LTG Rick Lynch's facebook account to check it all out. I sent the link to Michael Lynch, if that is his name, and haven't heard from him since, I also reported him to the dating site.