Information on romance scams and scammers.
#4453 by Pinky Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:40 am
The Love Scammers work Myspace really hard. They've infested it like cockroaches. I actually have a real profile on Myspace that I created to keep in touch with my children who love it. They don't seem to be bothered by scammers there because they're not a target. I am. I'm a magnet for them. They go for single, older, divorced women who they assume are desperate for love and attention and have money.

I get about 25 hits a month. Only one in the last year has proved to not be a scammer. If I didn't enjoy jerking these scammers around so much, I'd be deeply disturbed that I can't seem to attract a real man. Oh well. I'm going to start posting these dirtbag scammer profiles here so that other single women can find them in a search.

First pick of the litter, meet Ian, [email protected]:
Model pic stolen from HERE most likely, but it seems to be gone now. I know I've seen him several times before.

His Intro letter:
Hello,my name is Lan I am a very cheerful and loving person. I am looking for my soul mate. . I like very much to make my partner happy. . . . blah, blah, blah . . . long and boring drivel about how wonderful he is . . . and the cincher, give-away, scammer finale:

I cant wait to recieve, your sweet, tender and sincere letter to me: ) I will reply to you, right away,i will also like to know if u have a yahoo ID mine is [email protected] so we can chat on there and get to know each other better.

Girlfriend, if a search led you here and he's messin with you, tell him to stick his head where the sun don't shine and stay the hell away from you. But don't tell him you saw this here. Otherwise he'll change his name and pic and keep right on rolling. We want other women to find him. Thanks!

I'll post up more of my Myspace harvest later.

OK, this one is lame:

Meet James, [email protected].
His format:
Hello,
How are u doing today...i guess everything is fine,i am interested in ur profile and i really like it so much....i will like to know some little things about u,kindly get back to me with ur email address so that i can write u some little things about myself and my family,hoping to hear from u soon,take care of urself and be saved. or if u want to talk to me my yahoo Im is cortis_brown...and my emaill is [email protected] if u don;t have yahoo u can still talk to me ok ty so much i will be waiting to hear from you soon......
james

Anything is possible!
Advertisement

#4454 by Ralph Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:05 am
Pinky,

That first picture is Joby from www.focushawaii.com

It should only take me a moment to find you a link to his pictures :wink:

I found this with a google search on ( joby focushawaii ) Click here

Of particular note is This link leading to his photos on the Focus Hawaii site

Looking at the second one, I have seen that picture before, sorry, I just looked and couldn't find what I did with it :cry:

#4457 by Pinky Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:33 pm
Thanks Ralph!

This next one is so bad it's hardly worth posting. He's NEVER gonna fool anyone. But his picture is stolen and I've seen other scammers use it before. It's not a focushawaii model though. I suspect some poor couple is having their family wedding album used and abused across the Internet.

I present to you Carl:

Subject: hw was ur day pinky?

GOODMORNING HOW RE U DOING?AND HOW IS THE LOVELY WEATHER OVER THERE?
HOW IS EVERYTHING GOIN WIT YOU?OOH MY NAME IS MR CARL I DID LIKE TO HEAR
FROM U,IS NICE MEETING A FREIND AND LOVELY ONES,I LIVE HERE IN SOUTH BEND
AND I WORK IN A FUNITURE HOUSE OWN BY MY FATHER.AND I WOULD LIKE VE U AS
FREIND COS I BLIVE IN FREINDS,AND GOOD FREIND RE THOSE WHO BRING OUT THE BEST
BEST IN THERE RELATIONSHIP...I SAW UR PIC U RE WONDERFULLY MADE FROM GOD.

I really want to tell this scammer to go buy a format . . . but I wouldn't want to give him any ideas.

Anything is possible!

#4458 by Pinky Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:19 pm
Another one just in. I'm such a babe-magnet! Why is there no vomit smiley?

Here's Philip, [email protected]:
Hi Cutie,

I'm Philip Warwick,live in Tx,46 yrs,Single Man with one Daugther...

You are so cute and good-looking, and I also like your

profile...looking for a friend and a serious relationship...somebody

we could live together and be happy till rest of our life. Getting

friends is easy but hard to find a true love. Honesty, trustworthy,

kind and understanding is needed when it comes to having serious

inter-course with the person you love. Hope you don't mind if we

can get to know more, from this way of communication? Once more

you are cute and want to say someone is admiring you. If I ever saw

an angel it was in your eyes... your profile actually pop up on my

search so I decide to write you and to let you know that I would like

to start up a conversation with you some day... You can write or IM

me at "[email protected]" and I will be glad knowing you