Information on romance scams and scammers.
#268941 by Mandy63 Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:34 pm
Been talking to someone who says he is an orthaepic surgeon with the US Army. He was in Syria until this week. He was moved to Nigeria this week ready to leave the Army at the weekend to come to Brighton in the UK to start up his own clinic.

I mentioned that there was a rumour that people are impersonating US Military (the word babe was used a lot in his emails, but that might just be him) Anyway since mentioning it he's ignored me, but this may be because he has no access to the Internet at the moment

Email address is [email protected] and his name is James Bryson, born 8th February 1967.

Can anyone check for me that this man is for real or am I on the verge of being scammed, I really would like to know for sure.

Thank You
Advertisement

#268943 by Bryon Williams Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:54 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

It is 100% of a scam.

He is in the process of requesting money for fake leave, phone, internet, flights home or medical. He is a Nigerian scammer. The reason he told you he was in Nigeria is because this is where he will want you to send your money.

Please read here the US Military warning. http://www.army.mil/article/130861/Army ... nce_scams/

Also read here to get familiar with fake military romance scammers. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6527

Please stop all contact with the scammer.

Post a couple of his initial emails so others can find his script. Remove your personal information from them prior to posting. Also post the stolen photo's he is using and what ever rank he gave himself.

The reason he frequently used the term "Babe" is because he sends the same script to hundred of women daily. It makes it simple for him to say babe instead of your name.

He could have went silent because he has a more cooperative victim or the bad infrastructure in Nigeria.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#268947 by legionlady14 Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:25 pm
The person that scammed me would go for a few weeks without contacting me, trying to lure other victims. Rather than trying to remember his victim's name, its easier to just call you babe. I f ound out he was a scammer when I googled his e-mail address. He is well known on several cites as a scammer.
#268950 by Mandy63 Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:39 pm
My names are James Bryson (Collins). I hate trying to describe myself in one paragraph!, but... I'm a good man most of the time, I'm a father of a kid, Katty. She is my life. I love relaxing' at the house, hanging with my friends, and spending time with my kid.I turn 48 February 07.I mean my birthday is February 7th .I'm 5'11 and I'm Average by body shape.I have blue eyes and Brown hair.My favorite color is Red and Black.I work as an Orthopedic surgeon in the Army.I have been working as a Surgeon for over 5years..I went to complete my four additional years of medical school in Florida, (2000-2004),followed by another 4years Orthopedic Surgery Residency (OSR) in San Antonio Military Medical Center (SAMMC) in (2007-2011). Like all doctors, orthopedic surgeons must pass the U.S.Medical Licensing Examination to legally practice.. Which I did a year after. So I can work anywhere in the world even when I am out of the Army... .

About my family,Its a long story to tell and touching that make me share tears whenever i remembered the past.I will keep this short,i came out from a good combination of two,my Mom is from the state (Tempe Az,USA) while Dad from BRIGHTON UK.I am the one and only child of my parent, i will count it ,I have a big Family because i don't know much about my Dads family in the UK while my moms part is very small...Unfortunately i lost both my parent,i lost my dad 20 years ago,i lost my mom in 2010,5years ago,i lost her to Breast Cancer.

I am a very strong hard but rewarding tour and hard working man.I graduated in Jefferson High school in '88 and attended some classes at Purdue and Ivy Tech before joining the Army in June of '95. I returned in Feb 2006 from another deployment to Iraq for the 2nd time. I'm currently a Captain First Class in the Army stationed at Fort Hood, TX. I arrived back in Florida at the end of May 2006. I just left Fort Carson, CO after returning from Iraq. Before that I finished as a Drill Sergeant and have been training civilians for over 3 years to become soldiers and that was a hard but rewarding tour....

My Personality,I'm very caring,loving, truthful, faithful, honest, sincere, easygoing, gentle,romantic, nice, sweet and cute man Too.I'm a catholic attender but much of a church goer and not religious.I'm very GOD fearing and I believe in his words.I put GOD first in all the things i do in life cos with God all things are possible!!!

What i'm looking for in my ideal partner?
I want someone that will be 100% herself,Someone that will love my Daughter and i for who we are and not what we have but what we can offer which is unconditional love, joy,care and happiness.Someone with a gold heart, simple and sweet.A woman who loves to be spoil like a princess and treated like a queen.Someone who love to be held and love to be in the arms of her man and only him,Some who love to laugh and love to be happy always,Someone who hates to argue and disagree..A woman that will be faithful to me and someday i will make her my loving and caring wife.Someone that will not hide anything from me and never lie to me no matter what,Someone that will not be afraid to tell me the truth even if it will hurt.Someone that will make me her everything and would let me wrap my arms around her and protect her always and keep her safe from everything.A woman that will not let anything or anyone come between us,Someone that is ready to sacrifice anything for her family.A woman that loves to be appreciated and love to be cherished.A woman with a caring heart and loving soul....(Do i ask for much lol )!!
#269022 by Mandy63 Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:39 am
Forgot to say, he's on Tinder too

Does anyone wonder what the real person looks like and if he really does what the scanner says?

I have now deleted everything to do with him
#279930 by alexias Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:08 pm
most defiantly a scammer ive also been talking to him it started off with an ad on craigs list hes also going by Thomas "tom" wells he says he's 43 6'2 tall and has a 15 year old daughter he's also asking for you to open bank accounts for him to "fund" the account and send to his ACO for a ticket "home" to be with you he's gone through 3 cell phone numbers because of "secerity" issues and will ask you to get yahoo/kik I have kinds of pics he's emailed to me that are also linked to be a scammer and I have one pic that isn't linked to any scamming issues