Information on romance scams and scammers.
#269640 by aboddy07 Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:53 am
Met him on OkCupid. He claimed his name was William Durand Ness, he was a Sargeant in the Army. He said he was in Afghanistan and had 6 more months to go before his tour was over. His conversation started with him asking how I felt about long distance relationshipso and that he was looking for a woman to come home to. He was divorced, because his ex had cheated on him and that he had a 13 year old daughter. No sibblings. His mother had passed away and left him over 4 million dollars in inheritance and his dad lived in France, but he didn't have any contact with him as he had left shortly after he was born... He was very sweet and easy to fall for... He claimed he could take an Emergency leave to come and see me before his tour was over. Even though I told him I would be ok with the wait until he was done with his tour, he insisted on doing it. I agreed and got excited about it, as at that point, I was pretty into him... When he applied for the leave he asked for a replacement so, he would permanently come home, instead of for just a few weeks... That's when the money asking started. First, 6k for paying for the replacement, then another $4200 for expediting the process and some for him to have on him while traveling home, as that was Army request. And later on, another $4000 to pay for a plane ticket home and some money to pay the Rescue Team to take him to the airport, as te Army won't fly a single soldier home... Anyway, after 3 loans under my name, my car as collateral and absolutely no way of paying all of this money back I'm still waiting on this prick to show up, right?!?! The worst part was having the suspicion and yet avoiding all the red fla, although the language thing wasn't present... he was very good on keeping things going... money was sent over to the Philippines under different names, mostly one, Eddie Cole, who he claimed being clerks at the base... I have pictures of him and would like to post them, if someone can help me with it... also, I know there'probably no way out, but if there's any way I can get help with either fighting these loans or not having to pay them back, or some way cheaper to pay them back, that would be helpful as well...
Advertisement

#269644 by malu53 Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:17 am
with the yahoo avatar and the gmail address on meetme.com
William Ness
40, Male, Single
Ashburn, Virginia

About Me
I will say I am independent, intelligent and confident.
My friends will tell you I have a vivacious personality, I am a loyal friend and I'm dependable.
My parents will tell you I am feisty and will probably keep you on your toes, I'm responsible and a hard-worker.
My grandmother will tell you I'm fun-loving, caring and thoughtful.
My employer would tell you that I'm organized, driven and motivated.
My kid will tell you I'm a great father, a great cook and sometimes silly.
#269646 by malu53 Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:23 am
with gmail a profile on picassa
William Ness

uploaded yahoo avatar, 3 pics of vics
and these add. pics

Image Image

with the 2nd pic posted he's created a profile on howaboutwe
cannot access as I'm no member there :(
Last edited by malu53 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
#269647 by aboddy07 Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:26 am
That is totally one of his pictures... I have a few more that he uses, if you are interested... he used goggle hangouts to communicate with me... the interesting thing is that you really do not hear his accent on his messages at all... and to me, he said he was from Arkansas....
#269650 by malu53 Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:35 am
so sorry to hear that you got scammed so badly,
please post whatever you've got on this scammer,
the information will help others avoid losing money to this scam.
#269651 by malu53 Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:39 am
with the yahoo address the scammer has empty profiles on FB and twitter
and a profile on zorpia

William
2015, Manhattan, Kansas, United States
Looking for anything with a girl
aged 37‑50, in Dallas.

Personal Details
Sexual Orientation Straight
Ethnicity Caucasian (white)
Body Type Athletic
Eye Color Green
Language English
Currently Living With Alone
#269652 by aboddy07 Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:47 am
He used to have a Facebook profile as William D Ness, but when I requested to become friends with him in there, I believe he blocked me... but, while looking for him,I also found a Facebook page under the name of Micheal D Ness, which happens to have some of these same pictures as well...
#276541 by suprised2 Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:15 am
Ooh my, this guy is a huge scammer, i met him on Okcupid, stated he was from Arkansas, the same story if I would have a long distance relationship, he said he was in Afghanstan had 6 months before he would come back home. We started chatting on google hangouts, he said he would come home but wants to find a wife to come back to. He said his parents died, later on stated only his mother died, he had a 13 year old daughter his wife cheated on him. He said for him to come home he was to pay another guy to finish the assignment of him. He said he needed to pay $8000, but he would pay $4000 and the balance when he gets to USA. He said he couldn't do it online so he had to do look for the money. he said the army will pay him leave bonus and allowance. He asked for the nearest airport to my place which I gave him. He promised to pay off my mortgage and do anything for me. He sent a text the bank send to him denying to do the transaction due to large amount of money in his account. he had a friend by the name carlos who was helping him with the money. We would video on yahoo messenger, but I never saw him he always stated due to security reasons I can't see him but he could see him, which I used to tell him its impossible. I did send him $400 and the name he gave me was Oluwasola Olajide Aliu at Qatar, when I questioned about the name he said that was the soldier who was willing to help him. Afterwards he told me he went to Philipines clark central Luzon air force base, so he would be able to come home as they had arranged with the CO. He stated they arranged when he gets there he would find ways back to the states. When he got there he started saying he needed the money for air ticket. I questioned him no way, the army should pay his air ticket and what i read on the website about the scam and people stating they were army. He started getting angry, he sent me air ticket but was not paid yet, because he needed money. He said he had given the agent some money for the ticket, I told him to go get the money which he said he would but next day he said he wouldn't, thats showing how stupid he was.He said he had $1000 and needed $700, so he wanted me to send the money in his name, because he has to pay the ticket on cash. I told him I have a friend who can help us get him air ticket and he can pay the rest of money when he comes back. so I would talk to her, the following day I told him my friend was willing to help, so I told him to send me the $1000 so we could pay the ticket, and he could pay the rest when he comes back, he got so angrily because I got him, he said he couldn't do that, then I told him I couldn't help him then and we ended the relationship. All this took place in july, am glad I only got scamed $400. I had even done google search and found those pictures in Facebook but I didn't know people could pretend to be in the army. What a shame people use the army profiles to scam innocent people. Ladies out there be very careful and don't send any money and if in doubts talk to your friends because my friend used to caution me very much.