Information on romance scams and scammers.
#321939 by Bryon Williams Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:28 pm
There is no need to contact the real person he most likely already knows and there is nothing he can do.

He is a victim of this scammer and wants to be left alone.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#333060 by SusanfromMinnesota Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:40 pm
I've been texting for awhile with someone who I have come to realize is this scammer. He gave me the email address of [email protected] and when I asked for an actual military one I got this: [email protected].
He said he lost his bank card and couldn't access his account until he was back in L.A. Says he is deployed in Benin Republic. Was asking me to send him $100 credit via iTunes or Amazon. But he spent a lot of time drawing me in and being romantic first. He asked me to switch over to Kik right away and his Kik handle is daviespears.
I wanted to attach photos he sent me but can't figure out how to do so. I feel so bad for the real person that he is impersonating!
There is another guy I will post about who is another of these imposters but I will put in separate thread.
#333061 by Bryon Williams Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:50 pm
Welcome to Scawarners,

Water stamp/mark each photo as stolen.

Do not post pictures of children. You can blot out their faces in group pictures.

How to post pictures.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#404577 by Cynlou55 Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:32 am
I have been talking to a guy , he says his name is Dave reeder, I have been talking to him off and on since July 2017, we talked for a yr, and in this time he told me he lost his bank card, and couldn't get another until went back to California, we talked as friends for a yr, the whole time he only asked for an iTunes card in the beginning. Then he messaged in December 2019 . He never romanced me, just talked and he never professed his love either, this whole time I never saw his name anywhere but here just today actually, that’s why I kept talking to him. I never asked for a military email , cus at the time his pics didn’t even show up, some of the pics he sent to me still don’t show up. He said he was deployed in the Benin republic. I am honestly lost in what to think, my heart believes him but my head doesn’t.
#404578 by AlanJones Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:39 am
Cynlou55 wrote:he only asked for an iTunes card in the beginning

This is enough to confirm that it is a scam - real soldiers do not need to beg strangers for money/gift cards.

Cynlou55 wrote:He said he was deployed in the Benin republic

And here is the proof - there are no US military deployed in Benin. But that is almost certainly where the scammer is located.

The best thing to do is block him and stop responding to him. Don't accuse him of being a scammer or make excuses, just disappear and leave him wondering what went wrong.

Please post all the contact details you have for him, his other victims may be searching for them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#404580 by Cynlou55 Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:06 am
The only contact details I have is an Instagram acct , it is i_am_davecynlou_jr that only me and him are on, he did give me an email address [email protected]. He also said his nickname was Jr . That’s what I always called him .