Information on romance scams and scammers.
#4493 by Rum Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:30 pm
I have an old profile on one of the dating sites and out of the blue I get this email. I did a search on the email address but didnt get any hits. What do you guys think scam or not? I cant seem to get the headers shown in hotmail but will be happy to post them if someone can give me a hint on how to show them.

Hello!!!It is Elena!how are you? I hope you fine! I find you profile and email on a site xxxxx.comI want to find the love. If you is real are interested, answer to me and we can begin our acquaintance.Allitle about me. I was born 10 JUNE 1979 and me 29 old. I want find someone man that can love me,and i can love him! i went through your profile and read information about you and what you want to see in a man ofyour choice. And i believe, i can have all part of what you want in soulmate, out of thousands of people that is on here,i find you to be my true choice and i hope that you should feel the same way too. It's really a wonderful moment as am writing this missive to youand i pray that i should hear a good and sweat reply from you.You may be in long distance to me, but i belief that there's nothing love can not do. I belief love can move mountain and love turn around man life to precious life and sweet one.Ok, i wish that you should write me in e-mail and lets meet to have more discussions and get to know more about each other.My new friend I ask you to write to me on e-mail:[email protected] the Internet here is very bad, but on e-mail I can check mymail easily.I will be great to read a marvellous missive from you.Hoping in God of love and in power of love to hear from you. Thanks for the reading.Elena.

Also sent a photo with the email but I cant seem to figure how to paste it into the body of this message. Sorry I'm such a nub.
[/img]
Advertisement

#4495 by ChrisSmith Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:28 pm
I would say you've got a Russian/Ukranian scammer there. But it doesn't really matter where they're from - they're definitely a scammer.

Google "elenasweety" and you'll come up with quite a few hits.

The photograph certainly looks like it's been ripped from a modelling site.

http://www.online-dating-ukraine.com/pr ... 1000049422.

Put elenasweety in the Search field and you'll get the profile.

The format of the email address she's given is also suspicious. The 7 sticks out like a sore thumb. Scammers work their way up the numbers as they get found out and have to open new accounts.

And the clincher. A lot of the letter has been copied from here:

http://www.stop-scammers.com/letter.asp?id=5457

Send her a reply and you may get Letter 2 on that page sent to you.