Information on romance scams and scammers.
#277187 by baileyrae Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:30 am
I would class myself as quite level headed, and intellegent, but I have fallen victim to a very cruel military scam I think, I am very low at the minute as I am trying to cope with a son with a terminal illness, a cheating husband and both my parents have died in the past 16 months, so I suppose my guard was down and fell hook line and sinker, it was only when i was asked for £2000 to pay for customs clearance for a box which was being sent to me for safekeeping as he was being sent into a dangerous zone in Afghanistan, that I realised that a scam was taking place, when I now think back to the dozens of emails, it's obvious! any questions I asked, they were not replied to, but I felt like I was sitting an exam with the number of questions being asked of me, unfortunately I have deleted all but 3 emails, (he got me to send my email address straight away and didn't contact me on facebook,once he had my personal email address) so have no other records, it was amazing how I was unfriended on facebook and no contact as soon as I refused to pay the money over! It looks like he has several facebook accounts, and using a lot of similar military photographs, he did call me once, and he had a very strange accent, especially as he is allegedly from London, but he explained that he had lived in the States this again is strange as he was in the British Army and retiring in the next couple of weeks, he said he was widowed and has an 8 year old daughter being looked after here in England by a Nanny.

I have put here some of the facebook accounts I think he is involved with, but not 100% sure they are all him, it wasn't until I searched about military personnel that I found your website and discovered how much of this happens. https://www.facebook.com/lincoln.anderson.3363 https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 93&fref=ts https://www.facebook.com/clilfford.ijeomajessica there are a lot of other Krohn Jack Browne's if you search and it is such an unusual name! and this is the email address that he used, [email protected] .

I am very worried as this person has my phone number, my full name, and address and email address, and an awful lot of information about my personal life, and I hope i have not put myself at risk, how could I have been so stupid??
Advertisement

#277216 by Mike Wilson Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:47 pm
Hello baileyrae,
Everything this scammer told was a lie and an attempt to steal money from you. Block or ignore all emails and telephone calls from this scammer and he will go away and look for another victim.

Please post one of the email from this scammer to help others who may be looking for information. Be sure to remove your personal information before posting.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#277221 by baileyrae Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:30 pm
Thank you for replying to my post, the more I look at this email, the more it seems ridiculous, I suppose one of the things that threw me was that he had put an English address, which does exist! I have noticed on his profile that now he is now from Edinburgh not Dublin as he was when he first contacted me, he also has updated photo's and I notice he already has 3 new women liking his photo's! he will probably be doing the same to them.

To:
Subject: RE: A mail from Jack Browne

Hello pretty

I am so happy you wrote back, and i am so so happy for your honesty, i have never met anyone that has been so honest like you all my life,you have gone true a lot and i want to bring change to your life and make you happy and smile for ever, i understand that you had a bad and rough past and you have made mistakes and all, but you would be fine my sweet heart, i am here for you and i want to stand by you true this situation and make life more loving for you, I want to get to know you better and also for you to get to know me better,my father and mother are from England.i was born there and lived in London all my life but i travel sometimes for missions. am so looking forward to visit Lincolnshire very soon if you give me the chance we could meet somewhere and sit and talk, i will lodge in an hotel so that everything will be safe for us, i understand your story and i believe in you, you deserve better sweet heart, i want to be with yo and make you feel like a woman again.i would like to come soon after i retire in a month time,Am single,50 years old my daughter Kayla is 8 years old i have a Nannie there in the UK whom takes good care of her whenever i am away for missions, Kayla should not grow up with a Nannie, she needs someone to call MUM again it pains my heart well i live in 164 Sibthorpe Road, Lee , London SE12 9DU.i lost my wife 2 years ago from cancer,She died pregnant for me may her soul rest in peace and i also lost my both parents many years ago and they died on same day so sad.. well it has been my dream to come to the Lincolnshire , i just want to meet you, get to know you and spend time together. we are not getting any younger so i know the time is now..am so happy to know you.hope to hear from you soon pretty angel, i will go for patrol now and i will be back later to read from you. have a lovely day please send me your mobile number and i will try to call you with the only internet phone service here in the camp because there are no telephone networks here in Camp. have a lovely day Darling.
#277226 by vonpaso xlura Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:29 pm
He is not from Edinburgh, Dublin, or London. He is from West Africa. It is obvious from the way he writes. His attempt at making up a name failed; he does not know how names work in England, Scotland, or Ireland. West African naming conventions are different, e.g. Goodluck Jonathan.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#277565 by baileyrae Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:37 pm
Just found a couple of emails from my deleted folder, I thought i had deleted them all! as you can see he started calling himself my husband after only a few weeks of corresponding, obviously I realised there was a scam taking place once I had read these emails, I think I may have some photographs he is using too, and I will see if I can upload them later. As soon as I said that I could not send the money, no more emails, or messages, and I was blocked from his facebook account...... what a surprise! but I suppose he had to get ready to find another victim

From
Krohn Jack <[email protected]>
Tu 24. Nov 02:59
To
RE: good night baby

How are you today honey and how was your night?, sorry for my late reply and i am so sorry i made you worried, i went for a rescue mission in the city of Kandahar, i just came back now and will be going back soon, so how is everything going with you my love? baby i want to trust you enough at this point by telling you some personal things,My late father always gather old treasures and valuables that he handed over to me before he died and i always take it everywhere i go so i don't lost it, it really not safe at home because i am not home just my little Angel and my Nannie, i would have placed them in the bank but my father always kept them with him and told me to always take it anywhere i go. below is a list of the valuables

1,Rare Pearls,was given to me by my mother before she died.
2,Rolex Presidential wrist watch from Dad.
3,My bank cards,master card and a black card.
4,Extra keys to my car.
5,My jewelry box,it contains a 21 karat pure diamond inherited from my Dad, Gold and i will place the money in same Box
6,An old diary of mine,it contains a lot from my past. We will read it together if you don't when it get to you.

I want to send these things to you because they want to transfer me to the city of Kandahar, i can not carry them along with me, because it's not safe over there, that is why i trust you enough to send you these valuables to keep for me because we have come to a point in this relationship where love and trust is all we share, and i will also include my Retirement Due of about 123,000.00 (One Hundred And Twenty Three Thousand Great British Pounds) baby you can take little out of the money to take care of your urgent needs and save the rest in your Bank account till i come ok. and when i get back to the UK, you can simply send it back to me ok. honey here in Afghanistan, we cannot send money through bank, so i have to seal the whole package and send it through a courier company as gift, and they will deliver it to you at your address,i went there earlier and they required this for the transfer please send me these details..My little Angel in the UK can't receive such package and i can't totally trust my Nannie with it.I have no other person to help me now because my friends are all here in Afghanistan and it's not safe to carry these things to Kandahar, i don't know if i will loose my life there or lost my Life personal belongings so i trust you so so much with this baby

1)Full Names,
2)Home Address

Telephone number which i already have
I already have your email,which they request for too.

i just want to let you know that i love and miss you, i am waiting for your information my love.i will be safe my sweet , i love you so so much with all my life and i want to trust you with all my life too.. a million kisses for you my love, have a sweet and lovely day honey.

your husband

Jack Browne.

and and this is another one,

How has your day been honey? thanks for your lovely emails, i really love and trust you with all my life and i cant wait to be with you and spend the rest of my life making you happy, i have been busy all day baby, i went to the courier company today to send the parcel and they said you will have to pay some charges because the parcel is coming from Afghanistan. Afghanistan and the UK dose not have good trade relationship so they said you will have to pay some TAX fee just to settle the Immigration officers while the parcel is on it's way to you, i suggested to them that i want to pay the tax fee my self but they said it's only payed by the reciever and they require the payment Slip from you Carrying your name to enable the UK immigration officers alow the parcel into the UK, the security is tight because this is a war Zone and and because of the current terrorism in the whole of Europe, Immigration officers don't allow parcels coming from Afghanistan but i will place a special UK military stamp for the parcel to get to you safe .Baby the fee is about (Two Thousand Pounds) because the Parcle will be registered as a special parcel by me and it's total Worth about $1,200,000.00 (one million two hundred thousand Pounds) My love please keep it very safe for me because i will be done with my mission in just two weeks and after that i will be going back to the UK.Baby please i just came back to ask you if you can afford the tax fee before i send the parcel,if you can please let me know and i will go to the courier company tomorrow morning to send the parcel and i will be back here to send you the name of the company, the Air way bill, website and i will give you a tracking number to track the parcel till it gets to your door step and they will contact you on how to pay for the tax ok...when the parcel gets to you, you can take out the money you sent from the money i included in the parcle ok.

Miss and love you so much and i can't wait to hold you so tight, kiss your sweet lips and make sweet love to you whenever you want me, i more then love you baby, i Trust you with all my heart and know you will never let me down or break my heart. have a lovely evening honey, i will have to go for training and i will be back later to read from you sweet heart, please write me back soon my sweet.

Your Husband For Ever

Jack Browne.
Last edited by Mike Wilson on Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Add quotes to email text
#277566 by Mike Wilson Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:42 pm
Thanks for posting the emails. This will help others who may be searching for information about this scam.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#285136 by LMendoza Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:36 pm
I looking for victim from Krohn Jack Browne. I know where he live, but i dont have finance condition for fight alone. The police of my country don't help to.
He is from camerum Ville Foumban, and we can find in Youndé, Douala or Ouesso.
Removed (BW)