Information on romance scams and scammers.
#282328 by longlife Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:47 am
she is asking me for money, i met her few week ago of facebook and we have a chat, i told her to send me her mobile number but she said she did not have phone , so she ask me to buy her phone
Advertisement

#282336 by AlanJones Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:19 am
longlife wrote:she is asking me for money,

That means that he (you're very likely chatting with a young male using stolen photos) is a scammer.

Just block him on Facebook and email and do not respond any further. Do not accuse him of being a scammer, he will just try to deny it and carry on scamming you.

Please also post the link to the fake Facebook profile and any email addresses you've been given, along with emails/chats where she asked you for money. This will help the other victims that the scammer is currently in contact with.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#282337 by HillBilly Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:21 am
anytime anyone on the internet is asking for money / goods they are a scammer, period. Please post the email address so others can be warned.

"She" does not have a phone because "He" does not want you to know he is a him, or hear is Western Africa accent when he speaks. Additionally, if (S)He has internet access, there are half a dozen or more video / voice programs ( such as Skype, yahoo IM, gTalk, and a lot of other localized favorites) that they can call on. (S)He does not need a phone to talk to you voice to voice. But some of the better scammers do employ actors to make you think that you are talking to a real female person.

Stop all communications with the scammer. Do not tell him you know he is a scammer, do not tell him he is posted here. Just sort of disappear.

Read this to learn more about romance scams : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3607 and viewtopic.php?f=13&t=25