Information on romance scams and scammers.
#327861 by Terminator5 Sat May 13, 2017 1:22 am
Definitely a scam and the same scam . Can you post any photos of this fake Meetme Profile ?

Don't pay these cockroaches anything . Report It on the IC3 website .

Daniel 8 :25
Advertisement

#328376 by NthPvttucker Wed May 17, 2017 6:53 pm
So this all started sometime around September-October of 2016. I was on Plenty of Fish and started speaking with a girl i messaged, i believe her profile said she was 19. After a little while we started texting (she had a 202 area code) and she sent an explicit photo of her in her underwear and then mentioned she was 16.

Be warned I was slightly out of it due to it being a very depressing time for me which that night lets say led me to a stupid decision that im glad did not work, but i recall asking why she sent that etc and she kept asking me to send some of myself which i declined. Somewhere in this she sent nude photos and i stopped answering the texts for a few days before blocking. Keep in mind i do not recall all the conversation so i am unsure if in this i sent photos at some point or not

A week later i get a call from a man with a 202 643 7974 (he sounded african american) he never addressed me by my name, only asking what my intentions with his daughter "missy" was (that name was never used) and i ended up hanging up and blocking the number.

So now after a few months on March 21 i get a call from 405 757 4982 by an investigator jim perry out of oklahoma saying he was contacted by the family to get in contact with me because of the felony charges i commited. So it takes me an hour to even remember who he was talking about asking if i knew someone by the name of sarah or hayley smith and proceeded to say she was a minor. So he said the father wanted to work it out so he investigator put me on a 3 way phone call with the dad to sort this out. They asked for 380$ to disconnect the phone and the cost of the phone, also mentioning the daughter was in a state run mental institution. The money was requested by a greendot money pak to be texted to the investigator and from him to the father. I bought the pak the next day and he drops out of contact.

Friday comes and he says he has been trying to get in contact with me because there was a problem with the families insurance and if they dont have 1200$ i would be charged. They were willing to use the 380 and i pay the difference (once again in spite of my better judgement, i paid) by this time he will email me the receipt/paperwork (never has) [email protected] was his address

By this time my attorney finally calls back and after explaining the situation to him, he says it was a scam...

Does anyone agree or disagree?
#328385 by Bryon Williams Wed May 17, 2017 10:29 pm
You've read the thread and your lawyer told you on or about April 4, 2017 it was a scam.

By this time my attorney finally calls back and after explaining the situation to him, he says it was a scam..

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-202-643-7974
By this time i finally get ahold of an attorney who tells me this was all a scam, and a damn good one at that.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#328386 by Terminator5 Wed May 17, 2017 10:42 pm
Its a scam . Report it on the IC3 website . Don't pay them anything . Report It .

#328768 by rdf Mon May 22, 2017 2:06 pm
My husband had set up a craiglist ad looking for friends, he was contacted by a young man who said he was 19. He asked for a pic so my husband sent him one of his private area. He did not hear anything from him for awhile. He received a text to call this number and when he did It was supposed to be the father named John saying that his wife found the emails, text and dirty pictures and the boy was only 14, That they were going to the local police (prosecutor) and would not do so if he paid them $2500.

The phone number has a name of Steven Cr 513-267-6882

I have looked at other postings and see that this is a scam, reporting to the local police and to the ic3
#328791 by Terminator5 Mon May 22, 2017 6:46 pm
Definitely the same Scam . Thx for posting . Report this Scam, don't pay them anything . Also follow advice on page 1 .

#329307 by Freakingout123 Mon May 29, 2017 2:48 am
Hello the other day I a 22 year old male was contacted on meetme by an 18 year old female who then gave me her number, 8048140299, she then sends a nude and says she's 17, I freak kinda, and just reply cool i guess to which she then says want a video? I just go to bed after that, the next morning the same number calls me claiming to be the father and that the mother walked in on the daughter trying to make a video, and in the fuss a lap top was broken, and that he'd lose his job if he didn't get another one so i can pay or go to jail I freak again and say I'll pay and sent 175$ through a green dot moneypak thing. And now I just don't know what to do as i googled this after I had already sent some money. I just want to know if I was scammed?? Help?
#329308 by Bryon Williams Mon May 29, 2017 2:56 am
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Yes, it is a scam.

Read the first page of this thread and the first post. Follow the advice given.

Report this to IC3.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#329311 by Terminator5 Mon May 29, 2017 3:32 am
Its a scam . Do not pay these cockroaches any more money . Report it to IC3 and your local police department .

#329548 by Gre8726 Wed May 31, 2017 6:47 pm
Going thru the same thing and am scared shitless. Didn't hear from them for 2 days then called from this number and said they were with crimes against children

Sand story. Met girl dad called. I caved originally sent 800. Called again said girl killed herself and wanted 7000.

Originally called from a 703 and 804 numbers. I have been blocking them but am scared.
#329549 by Bryon Williams Wed May 31, 2017 7:12 pm
307-370-2560
(307) 370-2560

Welcome to Scamwarners,

Yes, it is a scam.

Read the first page of this thread and the first post. Follow the advice given.

Report this to IC3.

You may have to change phone numbers. Do not answer unknown numbers.

#329550 by Terminator5 Wed May 31, 2017 7:29 pm
Report this immediately on the IC3 Website .

#329551 by Gre8726 Wed May 31, 2017 7:41 pm
Terminator5 wrote:Report this immediately on the IC3 Website .

But what if it isn't a scam?? Won't I get in trouble for getting a picture