Information on romance scams and scammers.
#369274 by wallystmuffy Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:34 pm
Bryon Williams wrote:POF Terms of Service:
Eligibility
You must be at least 18 years of age to create an account on POF and use the Service. By creating an account and using the Service, you represent and warrant that:

you can form a binding contract with POF,
you are not a person who is barred from using the Service under the laws of the United States or any other applicable jurisdiction-meaning that you do not appear on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or face any other similar prohibition,
you will comply with this Agreement and all applicable local, state, national and international laws, rules and regulations, and
you have never been convicted of a felony or indictable offence (or a crime of similar severity and rules) and that you are not required to register as a sex offender with any state, provincial, federal or local sex offender registry.

does that PoF text mean that it would hold up in court and that its illegal for an underage girl to lie on be on that site?
Advertisement

#369275 by Bryon Williams Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:38 pm
Its a scam. We do not give legal advice. Contact an Attorney.

Read page 1 first post.

Then read the other 87 pages.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#369309 by Terminator5 Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:29 am
Those are FAKE profiles constructed with stolen photos . What is your interest here ? Were you scammed ? Please post a link to the profile you're referencing so we can look at it .

Daniel 8 :25
#369311 by Terminator5 Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:42 am
The photos on that profile don't appear to be all of the same person . Also the profile states an age of 19 . Looks fake to me .

#369312 by Ghanageria Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:01 am
Sometimes if you drop the fake photos into www.tineye.com you will be able to figure out who is really the person in the photos with regards to these romance scams. Often they are stolen from Facebook, Instagram and other social media sites. You can try Google image search as well.

The above email is a scam using a false identity with intent to defraud.

The scammer will try to convince one to send money in advance. In exchange the scammer will promise even more money or assets will be sent in return. It is all a complete lie.
#369313 by Terminator5 Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:24 am
Thanks . We are all very familiar with Google and tineye searches . Reviewing the images I don't really feel that's necessary . Thanks for your input and participation on site .

#369797 by Ked Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:39 pm
I recently had someone of facebook send me a friend request amd i excepted it and did a video call and she was naked and asked me to send a pic of my privateand then recorded the video and know is asking for money or she will run my life and I say the same address has been sent to other people asking for money and this is the address i This is the address to make the payment:
This is the address to make the payment:

LAST NAME: Michael
FIRST NAME: Doug
ADDRESS: Bada
ZIP CODE: 00225
Questions: yess
Answer: yess
#369806 by Terminator5 Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:26 pm
Scam . Don't pay them anything . Report it .

#369960 by IronDog6501 Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:44 am
This exact same thing happened to me back in May met a girl on POF and her profile states she’s 19 profile name 1katieG5. We start texting shortly after and she jumps right into asking for pictures so I sent a couple selfies and she sent a couple to me. Then out of nowhere she sends explicit photos and asked for one in return, my dumbass sends a pic (xxx) then she doesn’t reply except with the “I’m busy” texts. Then two days later I get a call from a “James Gainey” claiming to be the girl’s father telling me I was sexting his 15 year old daughter, and that his wife was livid and he would try to calm her down and make a deal. He then called stating that his “daughter” would need counseling and that it would require a police report. He then says that he’ll talk to his wife and call back shortly, several minutes go by and he calls back stating that he and his wife decided that it was mine and Katie (the daughter)’s Job to pay for the counseling and demands that I keep in contact by saying “I’m still here” and that I would be paying 50% of the bill, and the bill was said to be $3876 My Dumbass self was still terrified so I stated that i couldn’t pay 50% right away and he told me to send it in increments of $500 to someone he claimed to be his mother in law down in SC by the name of Sarah Lane, through a Walmart moneygram order. I only just saw this site and received a text from him saying he has to send the money back and that there’s no other way but to go to court. Help me!!! Is this the same scam?!?!?
#369962 by Terminator5 Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:46 am
Same scam . Report it on the IC3 Website. Can you post a direct link to the profile .

Thx

#369973 by IronDog6501 Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:47 am
The guy texted me again saying his daughter attempted suicide a couple nights ago and I saw this same line in a couple different stories from other victims. This guy is pissing me off I’m definitely talking to a lawyer in the next couple of days, reporting it to the police, and reporting it to the FBI. This guy needs to be caught.
#370099 by IronDog6501 Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:11 pm
‭+[Removed - AJ]‬ This number just tried to call/text me, I believe it to be part of the scam since it came from North Carolina and they already knew my name, can someone confirm? Or just reassure me that this number is fake or part of this guys sick system?
#370101 by AlanJones Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:22 pm
Please do not post random phone numbers unless you have actual evidence it is connected to the scam. We don't have any way to tell if phone numbers are part of the scam or not.

If you are getting an increase in unknown callers then it would probably be best to change your number. If the scammer has no way of contacting you then he will move on to other victims.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.