Information on romance scams and scammers.
#354313 by aspex Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:00 am
So this chick messaged me from meetme and told me to message her on kik. We exchanged pictures on there and now she is threatening to post my stuff to my family and to the marine Corps facebook
what do I do? I've already paid her through western union but still wants more. She says if j pay one last time it will be the last but I highly doubt it. I don't want my family to see any of this nor do I want my career ruined please help.
Last edited by AlanJones on Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Merged with existing topic.
Advertisement

#354314 by AlanJones Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:17 am
Read the first post in this topic and follow the instructions.

For members serving US Navy & Marines personnel, you can report it to the Naval Criminal Investigative Services as follows:
Your local NCIS Office can be foudn at http://www.ncis.navy.mil

Text "NCIS" + your tip info to
Crimes (274637)

"Tip Submit" Android and iPhone App
Select NCIS as Agency

NCIS Hotline 1-877-579-3648

Naval Criminal Investigative Service
Russell-Knox Building
27130 Telegraph Road
Quantico, VA 22134

If you cannot report to NCIS, notify your security officer, supervisor, or command. Per DoDD 5240.06, they are
required to notify NCIS within 72 hours.

Link to further information (PDF file) on sextortion produced by the NCIS - http://www.ncis.navy.mil/PublishingImag ... hure_4.pdf

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#354397 by Surfer6504 Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:30 am
So i believe im havinh the same happen to me. I replied to a cl ad and the firl was in gaonesville, fl which is an hour drive away. And it seemed fake and i thought it weird that she wanted sex when i wanted to only hangout. I was asked to send a pic and a few minutes later i get a call from a 352 number saying there was a wreck bht when i called back it was a lady who answered. Anyways next day the father contacts me saying daughter is in the hospital and wife wants to press charges but he will settle with me paying for car repairs which i did with western union. Then a few weeks ago contacts me saying his son committed suicide and i needed to help pay burial costs. Then i saw this and started to realize it could be a scam and even checked alachua county's accident reports andnone had his name as the vehicle owner nor were of his car. And then i remebered he said that the daughter was 17 and checked the laws of sc and fl and found out iylt is ahe of consent as long as i was 23. So i called him out on it and then he said hell contact the police tomorrow morning. Im still worried that it could be real but im also seeing stories very similar to mine. Should i talm to the police about this to see what i could do about this? Also i figured sonce it was cl she was of 18 or older and i believe on the ad she said 20 but then apparently sent in a message about being 17. Im really stressed out and honestly dont know what to do
#354400 by Terminator5 Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:12 am
@ Surfer6504

Same scam . File a report on the IC3 website and with the Police . Do not pay them any money .

Daniel 8 :25
#355593 by Tardis_fiend Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:26 pm
I believe I was just part of one of these scams, thank God I found this site I didn't lose any m9ney but I was nervous.

So basically wjat happens was I was on pof got matched with a cute guy (I'm gay) and he said he wanted to text; I said sure so we were texting he then sent me nudes i asked him not to send them and then he wanted me to send pics back which I declined then he asked me for my address so he could gps it to see how far away i was, I declined and said about 3 hrs away, a few moments later he said he was 16 i then texted him and said I no longer want contact and that he was too young since his profile said he was 18 i reported it to pof.
The next morning I woke up to texts from his "father" saying his wife found stuff on his sons phone and said I better call him back or he was going to the cops. I just texted back I did nothing wrong and that I reported the site to pof. I have blocked all the numbers.
Now this morning I woke up to a missed call from Florida, I called it back and a detective Johnson answered saying that the guys father came in to press charges and wanted to know wjat was going on, I hung up and blocked the number.
I have since deleted all my dating apps and put in Google alerts

Guys number 4024804494
Fathers number 5052260076
Detective's number 4072680437
#355597 by Tardis_fiend Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:13 pm
Update now I have a voicemail that the detective will issue a full warrant for my arrest since I'm not answering his calls or calling him back... I think it's a scam but I'm still a little nervous
#355598 by Bryon Williams Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:15 pm
Ignore all calls and text.

You may have to change your phone number.

Read page one the first post.

If it was real he does not need to talk with you.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#355599 by Bryon Williams Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:28 pm
Fake Father using VoIP
505-226-0076
(505) 226-0076
Type: Non-Fixed VoIP
e.g. Skype or Google Voice

Fake Detective using VoIP.
407-268-0437
(407) 268-0437
Type: Non-Fixed VoIP
e.g. Skype or Google Voice

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#356109 by scammed271 Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:00 am
I was messing around on kik and messaged someone who wanted to trade nudes. She asked for a nude with a face pic and i sent it stupidly and now she's threatening to post it on facebook and tagging all these news outlets and celebrities to make it go viral unless i sign up for these cam sites. I panicked and signed up for one but told her i don't have anymore money when she wanted me to sign up for two more. even showed a empty bank balance to prove it. she wants me to stay in touch and if i block or ignore her she'll post it on facebook. she does not have my facebook info or even my normal email (gave her a throw away email I use for junk). but I'm paranoid she'll post it up and eventually someone who knows me will find it. what should i do?
Last edited by AlanJones on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Merged with existing topic.
#356516 by Layne1 Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:59 pm
About a month ago I was messing around online. And I met somebody who wanted to Skype.
Yeah poor judgement I know. I agreed and obviously the things which have lead us all here have transpired. Then the scammer wants money. I panicked and paid before finding advice and shutting down all social media.

Roll forward to today and the scammer has messaged me on fb (it automatically had 're upped my profile without my knowledge) demanding more money and making threats. I'm worried but I won't be paying anything. They said they know we had an agreement but they are desperate. (Read as doesn't care)

Google alerts don't show the video of me and obviously I've been more vigilant in deleting my profiles now. I've also got support from my brother just for emotional well-being.

I have details of the scammer and chats and I'm considering police action now.

I just wanted to share my story with people who have been there and advise anyone who this happening. Don't pay. And Dont go through it alone. It's embarrassing but hell. It's only a silly mistake. The sextortion is a crime. Dont become a victim
#356582 by Terminator5 Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:44 am
Report this crime on the IC3 Website .

Can you post a link to the fakebook profile the scammer is using ?

Thx

Daniel 8 :25
#356638 by Layne1 Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:21 pm
Terminator5 wrote:Report this crime on the IC3 Website .

Thx
Terminator5 wrote:Report this crime on the IC3 Website .

Thx

I can do better. I have images of the profile and the entire exchange captured.
Ill do a big image dump this week. It was in the uk. Does ic3 still work over here?