Information on romance scams and scammers.
#368115 by Cttoasn84 Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:57 am
Blocked the numbers.

Resisted the urge to let them know I new the scam and was reporting it.

Best plan is to block and do nothing.

Will NOT report it though due to what I do and the report requires names and #. I can’t have anything flagged down the road with what I do.
Advertisement

#368137 by Cttoasn84 Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:22 pm
Haven’t heard from them again today.

Got that text this AM with a picture of the inside of a police station. Blocked the number and that’s been it.

No attempt as of yet to contact via a new number.

I have been researching allllll day and these are the same people Scamming everyone.

Other similar sites say these clowns know about this site and others and read them. Maybe they read this and learned that I know.

Maybe not. Maybe I get a call or wake up to texts in the morning
#368149 by Terminator5 Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:16 am
Other similar sites say these clowns know about this site and others and read them. Maybe they read this and learned that I know.

Looking at the previous 84 pages, it appears they're about out of scam stories . Sooner or later their time will be up !

Thank you for posting your experiences to Scamwarners . Your Post will help warn other potential victims of this Blackmail / Extortion Scam .

Daniel 8 :25
#368365 by jimbo2018 Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:36 pm
I chatted with someone on a hookup site and then moved to Kik, where I sent nude photos of myself. Yesterday, he threatened to blackmail me with photos and everything he taped me doing. He listed names of 4 people I know on a public group site, where my name and photo are listed. I told him that I'm not ashamed of those photos, and that I'm not afraid of those people seeing the photos (which is mostly true). He did not ask for anything specific--only made the threat, and the chat ended with another threat.

I deleted my accounts on the hookup site and Kik. I also disconnected the phone line I gave him. So, there is no direct way for him to reach me, but I know the old phone number is likely easy to find via people search sites. I have tightened security settings on Facebook and Linkedin. For any sites that were using the same photo as the public group site, I deleted or replaced.

I feel stupid and unsafe, but I'm trying to hold it together. I'm now going through all my other accounts and eliminating any similar user names, deleting unused accounts, and changing passwords.

I also filed a short complaint with the IC3.

What else should I be doing?

Thank you for maintaining this board.
#368367 by Terminator5 Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:51 pm
Sounds like you covered all the bases . Thanks for posting and sharing your experiences on Scamwarners . Your post will help warn other potential victims.

#368368 by jimbo2018 Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:39 pm
I've read through about 20 pages on this thread, and I see that most of these scams are pulled on young men. I am neither of these things, if that's significant to anyone keeping track.
#368408 by AlanJones Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:21 pm
Age and gender are irrelevant to the scammers. The reason that there's more young men listed in this topic is that in all honesty, they're the most likely to put themselves into a position to be blackmailed.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#368456 by jimbo2018 Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:26 am
I have an additional question regarding the Kik Sextortion/Blackmail post I made yesterday. As mentioned, I submitted a complaint to FBI IC3. I also sent complaints to the admins of the hookup site and Kik. I did not block my attacker; I simply deleted my accounts and disappeared. Kik is now asking for additional information.

Here's my question: If I send additional info to Kik, will I make this situation any worse for myself? Does it make the attacker more or less likely to come after me if he knows I'm taking action? I am aware that Kik or anyone else is unlikely to be able to track this guy, but I hate just running and hiding--unless that's the prudent thing to do.

Comments?
#368457 by Bryon Williams Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:30 am
Kik maybe wanting the information to delete that account.

As long as the scammer has no way to contact you, you should be safe.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#368458 by jimbo2018 Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:38 am
Thanks for the quick response. As a woman, I feel very vulnerable, but I've eliminated all previous phone numbers and the email address most associated with my name and address online.
#368531 by Matt19802018 Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:08 pm
I have a question regarding this. I have recently been contacted by a dad in this same situation. He is calling from a 843 area code. I have yet to answer or talk to him. He keeps saying I better call him or I'm going to jail. He has yet to request money. Does he usually request the money right away or sometimes wait til you talk to him. Thanks.
#368534 by Bryon Williams Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:54 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners.

He will not ask for money until you talk or text with him.

Block his number and do not answer any unknown numbers.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#368537 by Matt19802018 Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:11 pm
Thank you. I am so nervous about this I haven't been able to eat or sleep for serval days now. I'll give you the number he's calling from later tonight and any other information you would like just let me know.
#368580 by Matt19802018 Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:20 pm
So this is what happened to me. Saw this girl on a app called "lovely" profile says 23 and I say hi. No response until the next day (7/1) and she only asks for my phone number. Usually I stop there cause that's a sign of a bot, but for some reason I gave it to her. She immediately asks for a pic. I send her a random guy from Google, she sends one (non-nude). We both say each other is cute and immediately talks about nude pics. I don't remember if she asked to see a D*** pic first or if she offered to send me a pic first. Either way we exchange pics. As soon as we exchange pics she asks how old I am. I say 18 and she tells me she is 16 but will be 17 in a few weeks. She tells me she wants me to visit her for her birthday so I can do sexual things to her. I tell her I can't but she keeps pushing why I can't. So I asked her where she lives, I thought she said NC but could have been SC. I say I can't afford to see her and she offered to meet somewhere in the middle but I still say I can't. She tried to force the issue but I keep saying I can't, after a few minutes she says bye and I delete the texts immediately. Couple days later 7/3 I get 2 calls from 843-259-3008 I don't answer and as soon as the 2nd call stops I get a text from the guy saying he is this girls dad and I better call him right back because he has been at the police station all day. I ignore it and delete the text. 30 minutes later I get another text saying I'm ignoring him. I delete the text without opening it and reading it fully. Next morning (7/4) I wake up to another text again I don't fully open it and only see that it says I am ignoring him.... About 30 minutes later I do text him and say I'm sorry but the app I met his daughter said she was 23. Later I get a text saying it's ok because the cops will sort it out. Nothing happens until the next day (7/5) I get another call this time he leaves a message only saying I better call him or I'm going to jail. I sit there for a minute, 4 minutes later I do call but he doesn't answer and the voicemail message was just the generic message. So far today (7/6) there has been no contact at all. The situation sounds similar to others I just worry that it's not the scam. I'm hoping it is.
#368601 by Terminator5 Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:02 am
It's definitely a scam . Report this scam on the IC3 Website . Thanks for posting your experiences on Scamwarners . Your post will help warn other potential victims.